3.

Y/N'S POV

"Applicant Y/N is out with 10 votes."

I'm out. I failed on my very first day. I forced myself for a smile.
"Thank you!", i said while bowing.
Still with that fake smile on my face i'm walking towards my seat.
Was i that bad? Or didn't they vote for me because the counter already says -4?
I sat down, not looking up, when suddenly my seat lit up in red.
I could feel some tears falling on my lap, when someone tried to comfort me. Jake patted on my shoulder and said "You did great!", but full of sadness i couldn't even thank him for comforting me.

"The entrance exam for I-LAND is over.", the computer voice suddenly said.  "Those who have passed may enter the gate and proceed to I-LAND."

The gate opened once again but those who passed, hesitate to enter I-LAND. I looked up and tried to understand why nobody is heading to I-LAND.

"You guys did amazing!", I said to Jake and Sunghoon, who are sitting next to me. "Just enter I-LAND already."
Both of them just put a little smile on. I think they are sorry for those who have to leave. Slowly everybody stands up and says goodbye to us who didn't pass.
I was just standing and saying "Congratulations!" to those, who passed and looked at me. Jake's group came to me and again I said "Congratulations!".
"Thank you very much.", Sunoo said.
"No need to thank me! I really enjoyed your performance.", i said while smiling.
All three of them laughed.
"We still don't understand why you didn't pass. You did amazing.", Youngbin said.
"I have to practice more."
Jake stepped forward and put his hand on my shoulder.
"I know you will make it.", he said and smiled.
I smiled back. "Thank you!"
They said goodbye, I wished them luck and they entered the gate.
At that moment Sunghoon and I had eye contact.
I smiled at him and formed with my mouth the word "Congratulations!". He smiled back and wanted to come to me, but the voice spoke again.

"Please, enter the gate now."

I pointed with my finger on the gate, telling him to enter, but he still wanted to come to me. Suddenly Jay grabbed his shoulder and pulls him into the gate. It was funny to look at though.
All of us who didn't pass, returned to their seats.

"Dear Dropouts, please enter the gate."
We should also enter the gate? Where are we going? Going Home? I can't return like that!
All of us head to the gate and entered. I stood a bit behind the other applicants, when I realized that everyone had at least one team member with him except me and Hanbin.
When we exit the gate, we followed a dark path that lead us out of I-LAND. So this really is the end? I was at the back following the others, when Hanbin turned around and faced me. He smiled and so did I. "Hello, I am Hanbin.", he introduced himself. (Imagine Hanbin trying to speak in Korean)
"Nice to meet you, Hanbin. I am Y/N!"
"Your Performance was amazing, i voted for you, but sadly you didn't get in.", he said.
So Hanbin also voted for me.
"So did I! I also voted for you. But i don't know why you didn't pass!"
"We have to work hard!", he said. "Hwaiting!"
"Hwaiting!", i replied. "But do you know what will happen to us now?"
He shook his head. We walk next to each other and saw a building at the end of the path.
"What's that?", Hanbin asked.
I shrug with my shoulders. He hurried to see what will happen to us. We opened the doors and went in.
It's a dance practice room. There are some benches and a back area. I think this is for having lunch. It's nothing special. There is just a monitor in the practice room. I went to one of the benches to sit down, because i didn't know what else I could do.

The monitor turned on and Hanbin is waving his hand and telling me to come. All of us gathered in front of the monitor.

"This place is GROUND, not I-LAND.", is written on it.
"Dear I-LAND dropouts, this is the GROUND. GROUND is the place where dropouts from I-LAND gather, and there is no opportunity to debut while you are in here.", the computer voice said.
I looked at their faces, just to see disappointment. I wanted them to feel happy again...but what could I do?
"Everyone,", i said. "We just have to make it into the I-LAND, so we can debut! We can do it! I believe in every single of you! That's also why i voted for all of you! Y'all did amazing! Let's not be sad, let us be happy, let us practice hard and let us enter I-LAND!"
They began to smile and clap.
"Let's work hard!", Jaeho said. They smiled again and that made me happy.
We started to explore the room. There were 23 drawers, with all applicants names on. I opened mine just to see a uniform. It's all black and not very stylish. I told the others to come here and take there uniforms, when suddenly the door opens.
Sungchul, EJ, Taki AND SUNOO?! DID THEY GOT VOTED OFF?!

—————————

I personally don't like this chapter that much...
I'll do more interactions in the next part! <3