36.

The gate closed and the familiar path to the GROUND appeared in front of us.

So that's it. Geonu, Seon, Kyungmin, Youngbin, EJ and I have to leave I-LAND and the only way to come back is the global vote.
All of us were disappointed, and we were walking to the GROUND not even looking up. I was just facing the floor and walking.

Kyungmin and Youngbin were at the front, EJ and me in the middle and Seon and Geonu were at the back.
This is all new for them, because they haven't been in the GROUND until now and they probably feel a bit insecure being here.
But no matter what, i'm here for them. They are my good friends! And i think the GROUNDERs will be very nice to them.

Kyungmin opened the GROUND door and all i could hear were screams. I chuckled after also seeing their faces, they get scared so bad if someone opens a door.
As soon as they recognized us they were all shocked of seeing us.
There wasn't a 'hello' or 'how have you been?'. No, all i could hear was "Already?" and "Why are they here?".
I had to smile because of their clumsiness. I really missed the times in GROUND.

When the GROUNDER calmed down and we entered, they finally greeted us. As soon as Sunoo saw me he was jumping towards me.
"Y/N!", he was calling me while coming to me. "Y/N!"
"Hey, are you celebrating right now?", i asked him because he seemed so happy.
He hugged me immediately.
"Why did you come here?", he asked, still being excited.
"I came because i got chosen!", i answered his stupid question.
"But why did you get chosen?", he asked still being the happiest.

After seeing Sunoo like this, i forgot about the GROUND. He is full of positivity and that's what i missed so much.
"You have to tell me about EVERYTHING that happened in I-LAND!", Sunoo said.
"Of course, i will!", i told him. "Get ready for a long story!"
After greeting some other GROUNDER too, i finally made my way to Hanbin.

He was waiting for me to come to him the whole time and just opened his arms and smiled.
I hurried to him and we hugged each other for a while and did not talk.
"I missed you so much!", Hanbin said. "But i still hoped to not see you here today. As a dropout."
"I'm so sorry, Hanbin.", i said. "You are probably disappointed in me. I promised you i'll stay in I-LAND."
"And i promised you that i'll join you in I-LAND.", he tried to comfort me. "Not only you broke the promise, i did too."
"Are we even now?", i asked him.
"We are even!", he responded and laughed.

"Yah, Y/N!", Hanbin said suddenly. "Do you know how much i missed you?"
He hugged me even tighter now and so did i.
"I missed you more!", i replied. "I'm carrying your lucky charm with me everywhere. I-LANDER thought i'm crazy!"
Hanbin laughed about my statement! He probably imagined how i'm walking through I-LAND with his lucky charm.
"Yah!", i said. "Stop laughing! I mean it!"
And exactly those moments are the ones i missed so much.

Suddenly we heard the signal of the system and we could hear Sunoo shouting "It's on! It's on!" and all of us gathered in front of the screen.
"What is it? What's happening?", Jimin asked.

"Here are the rules for GROUND's last test.", the voice said.
"Test?" We just got here and we have a test?", Geonu complained.

"For the final 6 test everyone in the GROUND has to perform together. Through the global vote only six people can join I-LAND and it's the only opportunity to debut."

"Only six can go up with the global vote.", Youngbin said in disbelieve.

"GROUNDs test will be in three days.", the voice said. "From now on, please redistribute the parts."

I could see how the GROUNDER were all frustrated. They practiced the performance already with 11 people and everyone got his own part. Now they have to change everything because of us. We already had our chance to perform on stage, i really think it should be their time to shine.
But the rules want all 17 of us to perform on stage together. That's pretty much and there won't be enough parts for everyone.

I'll even be happy with part 17, because i think i already had the time to shine on stage and now it should be their time.

As soon as we got the lyrics, to see how they divided the parts we gathered in a circle.
"Woah, there are so many of us!", Daniel said with an amazed face.
I looked at the lyrics and what i could recognize at first sight is that almost every part has the same amount of lines. So it really is equal. Part 1 will probably still be in the center the most of the time.

"We have to chose part 1!", Taeyong suggested. "Who wants to do part 1?"
I've never expected to see so many hands in the air. 9 people were raising their hands and wanted to be part 1. We've never had so many people who wanted to do a part.
"We have to vote then, i think.", Taeyong said.

———————
This one is short, i'm sorry. But i have to finish the whole dropout thingy before i can so some interactions again...
Tomorrow will be better!! (I hope so haha)