nine

"No, we're not going to kidnap you...although you'd probably never be able to be kidnapped by us anyways.  Any girl would go willingly with us."

I eyed Jungkook angrily. 

"Oh, is that so?  And what if I refuse?"

They all gave each other a calculating look before shrugging and Jungkook threw me over his shoulder. 

I started to protest but Jin and Jimin's glares kept me from doing so.  I really didn't want to upset my...captors?

Were they really going to kidnap me, or were they just playing some sick, silly game with me?

Jungkook keep me suspended in the air much longer than I'd liked, and soon we were in the lobby of a high end hotel where the after party was being held. 

Finally, I was set down on my feet. 

"The paparazzi were led away with our decoys so you should be safe for a while," Jimin said to Jungkook. 

"Good.  We need to take her to the suite so she doesn't draw any more suspicion.  We need to create a cover story, and fast."

"Cover story? Will someone please tell me what the hell is going on here?"

Jimin sighed and turned to me. 

"The paparazzi saw you romantically involved with one of us.  That means that our fans will likely tear you to pieces if you're not with us or within our protection.  It's happened before and it-"

"Hey!  We don't talk about that, ever!"

Jungkook's loud outburst surprised me, as he usually seemed so reserved and calm. 

When he saw that he had made me flinch, an arm came around my waist and that calmed my racing heart a bit, but not much. 

"Okay, so can I just have a bodyguard and then we can call my social worker and I'll just be on my way then?  What's up with all this 'kidnap' talk?"

The elevator doors slid open and they all squeezed inside, one by one. 

"I bet you're all wondering why I've gathered you here," J-Hope joked with all of us, but no one was in the mood for a light hearted mood booster, least of all me. 

How could this be happening to me?  Kidnapped by the most famous boy band in the world, like I was some kind of hot commodity or something.  If I was anything, it definitely wasn't hot. 

I was plain, normal, a nobody that could get lost in the crowd that no one would ever miss. 

I was nothing.