one

The sunlight streamed through the cracks, the windshield reflecting beams of ambient rays through a kaleidoscope of cracked glass.

The nightmare didn't appear until the blood spattered window came further into focus and the dead, unmoving hands of both of my parents met my eyes.

Scarlet red trickled into my eyes and suddenly I was catapulted back into my hospital bed, the scene of the car crash a not-so-distant memory that wouldn't stop invading my every waking thought.

"Miss Anna? You have a visitor."

I shook my head from the hazy memories and focused on my surroundings ahead of me.

The hospital room was bleak and not nearly as white and brand new as I had assumed it would've been three weeks prior when the crash had occurred, but at least it smelled clean.

Three weeks since the accident, three weeks since the death of my family. No more mom and dad. No more regular Anna.

"Who could I possibly have a visitor from? I don't have any other family and I don't have any friends..."

It was true. All of my friends turned on me in middle school when I got my first boyfriend, the popular football quarterback.

The nurse didn't respond and suddenly a tall darker skinned man walked through the door, a very modern and expensive looking outfit custom tailored to fit his body.

"Who are you?" I asked, sitting up in my bed and ferociously wishing I had checked in the mirror before he had walked through.

My hair must've been a mess and I only could guess at the state of my face which was still healing from the crash.

He was stunning- with the smoothest skin I had ever seen and dark hair artfully swept across his forehead, I knew if we were out in public girls would be swooning.

"You mean...you don't recognize me?"

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion while trying to stave off the chills that erupted across my skin at the sound of his voice.

It was lilting and with an accent and it was clear he was not American. He must've hailed from somewhere on the Asian continent, though I couldn't quite pinpoint where.

"No..." I trailed off, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment from the way he was staring at me, those dark brown eyes holding mine captive in his gaze.

"I am here to give you a ticket to my concert. It's part of charity work that we do, we heard about your accident. We offer our deepest condolences."

"Thank you...wait. Your concert? I'm so sorry, you must be famous and I don't recognize you..."

"No no, it is not a problem. We would love it if you could make it to our show, it's a week from today."

"Oh..."

"Is something wrong?"

The concern in his voice was surprising, considering no one had ever really cared about me at all before.

"No, it's just...my family was all I had left. I'm pretty sure I'll be in the foster care system until I turn eighteen so I won't have a ride to the concert."

"Oh it is no problem; we will send a car to pick you up!"

My face brightened immediately.

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course."

"But you don't even know me..."

"You are Anna Mitchell?"

When I nodded he smiled and the pearly white teeth that flashed back at me almost made me swoon in my hospital bed.

"And you are?"

"My name is Jimin."

"Nice to meet you, Jimin. I'll see you at your concert then."

"I can't wait."

And neither could I.