This also wouldn't be the first chance he was misjudged based on his scary looks alone, Cyrus kept having nightmares and he was an insomniac. He would then play basketball to tire himself out, to help forget those awful memories, making him slouch and scowl at the people who didn't leave him be in school and wherever he's seen outside.

Lack of sleep and hysteria does that to him, Cyrus tried to be friendly, once...

He made children and babies scream.

What did he do? Cyrus tried smiling, it ended with other children throwing rocks and their toys at him. He then went on his uncontrollable outburst.

Then marching back inside his home shed after getting bored of destroying the half of the orphanage playground.

His thoughts relived everything then.

Who would want to be friends to you?

It's your fault, you WANTED this.

You're a terrible mistake. Die.

Cyrus didn't come out of his shed for days, Denise could only bring him food. She didn't want to lie to Cyrus that it will be alright, that he'd be alright.

Knowing Cyrus wasn't normal.

Outer appearances are all what most humans these days prioritise to even understand about a person first, before bothering themselves the chores in getting to know who they really are inside. It is sad to know 90% of people automatically think like that, like machines, one glance at him and not one tried to attempt to breach his walls and find the still damaged little boy.

Shaking the negativity inside his head Cyrus then thought about that blonde boy again, and how he had acted weird after that, as though arguing with himself before nodding and left him.

But of course, Cyrus was too angry at being touched by a stranger to think straight of the alternative reasons why he was pinned to the bed. He sighed, maybe that boy did just misunderstood that he was a new student and not some shitty thief. Cyrus walked over to grab his duffle bag and went to their dorm bathroom and decided to take a quick shower before the school's dinner bell rang. The only positive side Cyrus saw from this incident is that he somehow managed to keep his cool until now.

Still, it's too early to start celebrating as the real trouble begins at night here.

------------

Putting on his dark uniform trousers Cyrus checked his own reflection in the bathroom mirror, his was quite toned.

Had four obvious abs into his flatten stomach and muscles to his forearms, Though apparently not built enough to match that blonde boy's insane body.

Even after drying his raven hair with a towel there it remains stubborn and spikes sprung upwards, Cyrus cursed underneath his breath hearing the bell split the silence in half. He dashed out the bathroom but ran to his things first and rummaged through his duffle bag for his school ID inside the small box.

He hurriedly swung on the ID then the dark gray uniform shirt with the school's logo at the back and shoved on the boots that were also inside the duffle bag and ran out the door. Cyrus followed the students down the hall to their cafeteria and got his own tray.

Getting steamed broccoli and macaroni cheese pasta plus water. Cyrus settled himself on an empty lunch table, he wasn't in a hurry to meet new people because the last dude he meet tried to smoother him hours ago. Though his pleasant dinner was soon interrupted, in the form of an Asian girl making a bee line to his table wearing a smile.

She was pear shaped and really curvy around the hips and thighs, though the confidence she proudly took in each step towards him, told Cyrus this girl would make a splash at any beauty competition. Slaying it with brains and judges unanimous decision from her award winning speech about recycling.

She seemed alright.

"Hey I'm Maylin, can I sit here? Or are you saving it for someone?" She asked.

He simply gestures to the seat across from him and Maylin gladly sat down making the seat creek, she laughed it off. Knowing her weight was what it was and didn't think it was anything bad.

Maylin brushed her curly hair aside. "Sooo as I've fabulously introduced myself, how about you? What's your name?" Cyrus looked around, he still didn't want to speak with strangers.

What now? Cyrus thought.

He didn't want to push this girl away, since Maylin hasn't done anything to have him rudely leave the table. Cyrus expressionless eyes turned and saw the napkin at their table he still had the pen he used to write his complaint about earlier and wrote his name on there.

Maylin takes a peek at the napkin and nods. "Oh, I see. You aren't much of a talker then Cyrus?" He nodded to that.

"Okay, well I'd be happy to do all the talking just tap in the arms if I'm too much for you, which is a fair warning because I tend to sometimes talk a lot and I don't honestly know when to..."

Maylin chucked. "Sorry, told ya."

Cyrus nodded knowing the feeling of not being able to hold yourself back, even if you want to and can't control your urges. Maylin took nibbles at her potato salad and continued calmly.

"You must be new, I haven't seen you around Northwood campus before. I don't mean to brag, but I know people." Maylin smiled jabbing her potatoes.

Cyrus nods in response.

"You can tap your pen twice for 'Yes' and once for 'No', then scratch it for 'Maybe' you don't wanna dislocate your neck always nodding." Maylin giggles.

He taps twice.

*************************************

Author's Note :

*Ugly sobbing*

Omg guys he's made a friend! And that's my first time using a warning up there ↑ to some it might not be that big of a deal but to me it's important and I like putting warnings when I feel it's too much.

We didn't get to see or hear from our Alpha Al in this chapter but at least we got to know what Cyrus thinks of him, and insights to his life struggles. Also what are your thoughts on Maylin?

I'm also proud of Cyrus taking baby steps to improve himself better.

Bump that ☆