Chapter 24

That same morning somewhere else within Northwood.

Rainier was making his usual early morning runs, he's been a lot more thorough with security and pack safety. The Beta couldn't get over his encounter with Lucas and out right being called a half-breed werewolf as an insult.

Just when he thought it's the last of it.

His blue-grey orbs sees Weiler. "Rainier, follow me."

What does he want? Was Weiler spying on me?

The Older Alpha glanced at him shortly, it was enough to send a commanding order for Rainier and his wolf Hail to comply, since Weiler is a person of actions than words. He leads The Beta to the lift entering first and leaning close to the controller panel. Weiler pressed for the floor that goes to the red-room and for a second, Rainier thought he was going to get punishment for letting his Alpha get away with bringing in High Rank Rogues into the school, but Weiler quickly pushed for the last botton of the elevator.

Rainier is confused. "Where are you taking me?"

Weiler casually bobs his head to the side, just staring at him...Then smiles at The Beta. "You're asking that now?"

The Older Alpha's expression becomes strange and the long silence was creeping up on Rainier, Weiler eyes locks on his. He eventually looms above The Beta. Thinking to himself. It still puzzles me...why you'd pick Al over myself. Why, couldn't I have a mature and sensible Beta like you. I'd treat you more profoundly---greater than my unbelievable cousin.

Ding!

Weiler turns getting off and simply said. "Do keep up."

They slip inside a cold facility, and Rainier knew then what this place already is before Weiler switched on the lights. "Why did you bring me to the morgue? I don't understa---"

Weiler calmly interrupted him.

"Rainier, listen carefully. From now on these orders aren't coming from me but from someone superior than myself."

"Madam Anselme." The Older Alpha nods.

"I was asked to bring you here. Rainier examine all the bodies we've managed to gather; victims of the Rogue Killer. You will be reporting findings of any and all traces of Al's DNA---"

"Wha---You're asking me to betray my friend and Alpha?"

"No. As an Alpha, I'm commanding you to follow orders. This is beyond the both of us, and if you're really Al's friend you'll do this to prove he isn't the culprit." Rainier just gazed at him, conflicted about even accepting the orders from Anselme.

"What happens if I refuse?" The Beta retorted. "Either way this works out for you conveniently doesn't it, Alpha Weiler."

Weiler's grey pupils go jade while he chuckled. "You know... I don't resort to rough confrontations and violence easily, this offer stands anytime. It's your choice to save Al. He's your friend you know him better, as you've described to Lucas."

The Older Alpha leaves, yet not before informing The Beta.

"I've installed unlimited access onto your dog tag for the morgue facilities, you can study, compare, investigate on the corpses and autopsy reports whenever you please Rainier."

--------------------

[A/N : In Spanish, Madre means Mother and Abuela means Grandmother. Weiler uses those words a lot]

"Take a deep breath, good hold it." Nurse Nick instructed to The Older Alpha, who was currently sitting shirtless on the clinic's bed and had a stethoscope pressed onto Weiler's back.

The Alpha's Addiction [BxB]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara