Chapter 21

"You have to be brave, even if we aren't together." She whispered her voice shaking, eyes floded with sorrow.

"No! I-I can't...you promised."

Reaching out, touching his face; she cried.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But no matter what happens, remember I'll always believe in you." He felt betrayed.

Abandoned.

Deserted.

Alone.

"Nay."

Shhh...

The noise of running water and light shinning on Cyrus's face had woken up the boy, he rose from his bed slightly dazed and confused. Knowing Cyrus doesn't remember laying down to sleep, hell he doesn't remember much from what happened last night. The bathroom door opens.

Al was drying his golden hair when he instantly glanced at Cyrus, the two looked at each other. He then noticed that the clothes he's wearing aren't his at all; they're too large for him.

"What happened? Where's my uniform?" Cyrus gritted.

"I had to change them, you passed out due to exhaustion and I needed to carry you back here to campus." Al explained.

Cyrus narrowed his sight on The Alpha.

This only meant one thing; he didn't listen to him.

Al touched him, even replaced his clothes, carried him.

"Our field training is cancelled until tommorow; ugly weather." Al excused. Cyrus saw that his school uniform was sitting on his bedside table, on top of it was his cracked cellphone. He checked the time, ten minutes until the breakfast bell rings. Cyrus got up and began to take off the huge t-shirt and sweat pants ignoring Al who also started to dress himself.

The Alpha expected nothing more from Cyrus.

And oh boy, did the blonde boy tried hard blocking Grim's suggestion of gawking at Cyrus. Okay, Al stole one glance.
(Honestly I can't blame Al anymore, Cyrus is sexy as hell also, no he didn't remove Cyrus's underwear. Al Respects him!)

----------------------

"Yeah chief, already informed the head principal. We'll keep patrolling around the institution and let you know if we spot some wild animals." Lucas was leaning against the side gates of Northwood, talking to his superior, the chief of police department. "So far Brickcircle hasn't had any attacks but we can't be too insouciant." Lacas agreed. "Of course chief Prescott." (Brickcircle is the name of the small town near Northwood.)

He sees The Older Alpha and grinned.

"Alright, I'll see you soon chief. Later." Lucas hung up.

"I assume everything went smoothly?" Weiler asked.

"Ahuh, they totally branded the murder as another animal attack though we shouldn't always think it'll be that way." Lucas stuffed his phone back inside his coat. "Humans are going to get more suspicious the longer these killings keep up Weiler. I gotta head back to the station, make sure that nothing in forensics ever traces back to us werewolves."

Weiler looks at Lucas strangely. "I presumed you were staying another day to investigate." He shook his head.

"Unlike you; I actually have a job. Besides, it's better if we split in locations to find this murderer. I already sent Tate and Izon to scout for anything unusual in the borderlines." Lucas began approaching his parked car.