Chapter 42

):

"I guess I owe you one, Coleman."

Chase looks up at Emmett, he's been helping nonstop with Rainier, Maylin, Jessie and Shane. He hasn't left to eat so Emmett thought of getting dinner for The Delta. "Ya owe me nothing, I should be apologising to ya instead. If I had gotten back sooner, than there would have been less injured in your Silver ranks. And...my friend caused all this."

Emmett whispered. "Yeah, the injured cadets are mostly troublemakers, too. I know they're also relying on their participation for Northwood's school event to save their grades." Chase saw the sad look in The Human boy's eyes.
(That cute couple from the restroom? was among the injured but they lived)

"What are ya going to do?"

Emmett fixed his thick black glasses.
"Do everything for the team, they may be troublemakers but they have hopes and dreams to graduate. Although, I do want to kick Al's ass but I have plans to graduate first then go to mine and my big sister's dream college." Emmett laughed yet it lacked any humour, it sounded painfully forced and tired.

"Ya have an older sister? What's her name?" Emmett scoffed. "Why? You gonna try and make a move on her?"

Chase thought.

Yup, our pack-slut reputation doing wonders for us. Dagger sighs. No shit.

The Delta chuckles.

"You're avoiding my question, I just wanna get to know ya better shorty."

Emmett scans his face for give-aways that Chase was lying, one of the tricks his Dad taught him as a man in the police force. But as always, it's the same carefree smile yet something in The Delta's deep brown irises was sincere.

He wants answers? Fine, he can have it. Emmett wasn't going to hold back why teenagers like Chase bothered him.

The Delta was wild, irresponsible and immature, exactly like Emmett's sister.

"Amelia, her name was Amelia. When I was fifteen my parents divorced and they came to an agreement. She'd stay with my Mom I'd go with my Dad, we actually became more closer because of their separation...yet one careless night, we secretly went to a party to have fun. I should have refused to it but I was fucking stupid, we got drunk and crashed. Amelia spent her last dying breath calling 911 for me---she knew, I would make it alive. But not herself."

Emmett regularly used that signature strong rosemary perfume Amelia had always loved and wore. It helped him get through his therapy and trauma, though sometimes spraying on Amelia's rosemary perfume wasn't enough to help Emmett. He missed her more, so he'd go run, or practice some soccer.

"Now you know...why I'm bothered with people like you, you behave as if your actions don't have consequences. "

----------------------

I wanna stay like this with you. Al was still in shock he's hugging his Rocky. You just make everything feel...better.

His fingers felt that same incredible fluffy texture while exploring Cyrus's dark hair, however Al came across a portion of his head, where there was this cold metallic stitches. A sharp line of pain runs through him, Cyrus yells.

"Aray!" He growled like a hurt animal, Cyrus bears his teeth out in defiance.

Just touching that sensitive part sent Cyrus to pull away from him, his throat and temple showed veins and onxy eyes turned into slits of aggression.

Fear became known to The Alpha.

Al's face grows concerned. "Shit---did I hit something!? Do you need a medic? I'll go get Mr. Callahan and I---!" Cyrus held up his hand and shook his head.