Chapter 41

When Eryn woke, Taron was asleep beside her. It was the middle of the night and Eryn was sad that Taron hadnt woke her when hed got back. But watching him sleep, she saw he hadnt undressed properly and must have simply crashed out with exhaustion. She positioned herself so her face was directly in front of his, watching him sleep, she stroked his fringe softly trying her best not to wake him. He looked so peaceful and she found herself loving him even more than she thought she could. Lonely or not the man in front of her was working so hard for what he was passionate about and she smiled. He really was a beautiful man.

Closing her eyes, she snuggled into him and his arm instinctively pulled her nearer as he mumbled in his sleep. It was then a text came through

<<<<< Guess who?>>>>

it read and chuckling she tried to think of a witty reply, when she stopped. The number was in digits at the top. Who was this? She had assumed it to be Henny playing her usual tricks. But if it was someone in her contacts the name should be clearly displayed, not a number.

<<<< Miss me????>>>>

Came the next txt from the number, Eryn grabbed the phone and instantly went to the bathroom, dropping it down the toilet she flushed it, over and over trying and begging it to disappear. Finally dropping to the floor, shaking. She burst into tears.

Sometime later, she crawled back into bed, needing to be held and remember the way she had felt just moments before the text had arrived. She moved into Taron and held him tight. Doing all she could not to wake him, she breathed his scent in and soon felt the familiar safe feeling. Finally falling asleep.

When she woke the next morning, Taron was already in the bathroom getting ready. She lay on her stomach as he wandered in holding her phone in a towel. Eryn?? he asked gesturing to it. She swallowed hard Phil texted me last night she told him. He what? he replied staring from the phone to Eryn and back again. Dropping the device in the waste bin, he took no time in joining Eryn on the bed. Are you ok, what did he say? he asked the familiar brow furrowing, angry dimples set.

Eryn shook her head dismissively Nothing much, he was just looking to get a reaction she said, Well you have told the police, right? he asked, and Eryn shook her head. Why not? When did this happen? he continued. It was then the door knocked and the breakfast tray Taron had ordered was brought in. Eryn rolled out of bed and joined Taron in the lounge area. As Taron thanked the waiter and shut the door. He made a beeline for Eryn. Why didnt you tell me? he asked as Eryn began to eat, Taron you were exhausted, it really was nothing she was sure who she was kidding, but knew Taron wasnt buying a word of what she was saying, the very fact he wasnt eating said it all.

She stood and wrapped her arms around his neck. Baby he is in prison all the way back in the UK, what can he do? Nothing, I am ok I promise, now eat something if todays even half as nuts as yesterday you are going to need it she smiled kissing him. Hmmmm he said looking down at her suspiciously Ok, Ill get you a new phone organised and have Lyndsay contact the police to let them know, I am gonna take your word that youre okay he said kissing her back. Squeezing her tightly and lifting her gently of her feet, making her giggle.

They sat and ate, Eryn told Taron the truth about how hard she had found the day before, he listened intently. I did wonder about that when you disappeared he said Im so sorry, I thought this would be a good idea, give us a chance to do this together, I didnt think about how much time you would have to sit and just watch he admitted. Im not going to make you come today if you dont want to, it is nice having you here to come back to though he said. Eryn kissed him on the cheek as the message arrived that the car was ready. Eryn was still in her nightwear.