Chapter 24

Henny had been back in the states, for a week and the therapy appointment loomed. The big blue circle on the calendar taunted Eryn. Though she hoped it was going to help, the idea of yet more therapy did not fill her with excitement.

She sat with Taron watching the television, every now and then she would shout at it, getting involved in the story. They were watching her favourite, cold cases and unsolved police files. She would get animated when she thought the police were missing obvious clues and commented throughout. Taron lay stretched out with Eryns head resting on his lap or stomach. He found it adorable the way she called out the people on Tv and smiled at every comment. Eryn blushed when she became aware of his eyes and swatted him when he smiled cheekily at her.

But really, she loved these moments. Soft, homely moments with just the two of them enjoying time together, no pressure and no drama. Except on the Tv screen. Taron wore his glasses so he could see what was on the screen, but only after Eryn nagged him. She wore glasses all the time and couldnt understand his aversion to them. She found him very sexy in them and tried to get him over his hang up, but like the changes in his body shape when he was in and out of training. He, like everyone had those areas he was sensitive about. It didnt matter that they were the exact things that attracted and enamoured her. It often left her trying to think of ideas to have him feel better.

That night was a big night for Taron and Eryn, it was his first premiere since lockdown and first with Eryn by his side. They had had to have a long discussion about whether Eryn should even go. She worried that her background situation would affect his image and that it could over shadow the movie. But Taron had used all his powers of persuasion including a few other people to assure her that it was going to be fine. Taron was adamant that he wanted to show her off, he wanted the world to know they were together and Eryn couldnt disagree with the fact that it would maybe stop them making up stuff.

So at 2pm, the hair and make up teams arrived and began setting up, Eryn had chosen her outfit with Tarons style coach already and was nervous to try it on. Being larger than most girls, she had seen on the red carpet, she knew today was going to be hard on her self esteem and chosen the dress that made her feel the most confident. She wasnt one to avoid bright colours and be subtle. But tonight she went with a midnight blue gown that encentuated her hour glass figure and amble bust. She had decided on a classic Hollywood curl in her hair, that was clipped with a beautiful sparkling hair piece that appeared to hold it in place. In reality it was a decent amount of product and hair pins that held it rock solid on her head. She sat watching the make – up artist enjoying the experience, when Taron appeared smiling.

She was still in the sweatpants and hoodie, sat cross legged on the chair. But he was in his Armani suit already, looking extremely dapper. He sat his jacket off, next to her as the other artist began to apply foundation to his face. He leant across and squeezed her knee. You look stunning he breathed. She smiled and did her best to stay still letting the artist finish, she ran off to finish as time sped on. But soon she was ready and emerged from the bedroom, walking as upright and confident as possible. Tarons face was a picture of love and pride as he walked the red carpet, holding tight to him all night. Eryn was amazed at the reaction she received, despite struggling with the flashing lights of the media, she felt like a child as her excitement took hold. Seeing all the stars she loved and adored, she would squeeze his hand everytime someone came to say Hello to them. But soon it began to overwhelm her and Taron was aware that she was getting quieter as the night went on.

Taron suggested getting a drink and disappeared leaving Eryn stood alone. It was now that a blonde gentleman smiled and walked over, he introduced himself as Deputy Assistant director Greg Short. She chatted with the guy and laughed at his jokes. As she continued to chat she noticed over his shoulder Taron, talking and interacting with a dark haired woman. She was slim and wearing a gorgeous black dress, she was truly beautiful and Eryn could help but feel a prickle of Jealousy. She also felt annoyed that rather than get her the drink he said he was getting, he was talking to this woman.

She decided to focus on Greg, rather than let herself become emotional and over think as she usually would. But the way that the woman Taron was with behaved around him and he with her bugged Eryn, he was a touchy feely guy, she told herself. But she was definitely flirting with him, her hands were all over him and then he leaned over and kissed her cheek. Eryn excused herself and began to walk away from the area, looking for a ladies to cool down in. She found one and headed inside, sat in the stall. She told herself off, she was over reacting.

OMG did you see the state of that thing with Taron Egerton Eryn heard from outside the stall. Oh yes, wow what a heffa, what on earth does he see in her? they laughed I know and what is she wearing, I mean primark sale items are hardy red carpet style said the first girl Maybe its a charity date? the second added You mean like make a wish? Take a spastic day both burst into laugher. Eryn sat rigid, tears in her eyes as she looked at her Armani gown. I mean what is she thinking? He could do so much better the second girl continued as they left the ladies. Eryn emerged just in time to shoot them a look of scorn. She wiped her eyes in the mirror and took her phone from her clutch. Dialling uber.

Leaving the ladies, she headed directly to the exit. When she felt a hand on her shoulder, it was a woman she knew very well and Eryn was taken a back as Deborra -Lee Furness, took her arm and walked her back into the event, and over to a corner. She explained quickly that she too had been in the ladies, heard it and saw her leave. She knew what Eryn would do and was detirmined to stop her. Deborra took Eryn to her table, handed her a glass of champagne and pointed Hugh out to her. She and Eryn chatted as Deborra explained to Eryn what it was like to date a heartthrob and a man who was kind and friendly to everyone. Eryn watched Hugh and soon understood what Deborra was trying to do, she thanked her. It wasnt log before Eryn was comfortable enough to join in with the groups conversation and the champagne helped calm her.

Hugh finally managed to drag himself back to his wife and Eryn was excited to meet him. Hugh had been one of her favourite actors for a long time and even though she knew he and Taron were friends, she had never let on her secret crush to him. She blushed as Hugh spoke to her complimenting her and talking about her as if he had been her best friend all his life. It was a while, but Taron finally spotted her and headed over. Taron and Hugh greeted each other, as did he and Deb. Where did you go? Taron spoke into Eryns ear sounding worried. Eryn was still cross about the flirty woman, but thinking about Hugh and looking at Deb who smiled at her, she let it drop. Deb and I got chatting in the ladies she replied Sorry she replied. Taron was relieved to not only find her as he had been struggling for a while and worried that she had left, but he was also worried that she would be mad, if she had seen him with Emily.

As it was, Eryn was yet to know that the mystery girl was in fact Tarons ex-girlfriend.