Chapter 15

Mam, I have to go back to work Taron was trying his best to allay his mothers fears about him going back to London. I will follow the guidelines Mam, yes I have masks he groaned Sorry, Mam I know its because you care. But I cant stay here forever Eryn smiled and rubbed Tarons arm as he spoke. Hearing in his voice, how bad he felt. But Eryn also knew Tina was a worrier and like most Mums over-protective. Eryn herself was apprehensive, she like the little Welsh bubble and had come to feel at home in Aber.

The car was packed and ready to go. The pair had created a playlist for the journey and Taron had finished saying his goodbyes. Eryn sat in the passenger seat and belted herself in. As Taron climbed in, she smiled at him, he too clicked himself in and placing a reassuring squeeze to her knee. They set off. It was in a comfortable silence that they started off, just the music playing and Taron softly humming along. Eryn watched as the streets of Aber disappeared into the distance along with a mix of memories.

So, how do you want to do this? Taron said after a while Do you want me to go to your place with a list of stuff to get? Or Do you want to do it together? Eryn hadnt really thought about the logistics. She wasnt keen on going back to the flat at all but conceded that if she wanted to make sure she got all her things, then she had better go with Taron and this is what she told him. Did you have a look at the paperwork Lyndsey sent over yet? He asked. Lyndsey was his publicist, but she also had a hand in some of the legal side of things and had suggested Eryn get a restraining order on Phil following the break in, Lyndsey had already lodged one for Taron, him being insured by his agency meant he was an asset and needed protection. Should Phil turn his attention to him.

Eryn nodded, I emailed her before, said to go ahead. She replied Not that its going to stop him, Taron. I mean look he broke his bail twice and hes still out there she sighed looking out of the window. Taron again squeezed her knee and this time left his hand resting there. I know its frightening, but he will screw up at some point and the police will have him he tried to sound confident Once they have him, thats it until the trial he said. Eryn nodded I know, but while he is still out there she trailed off. I know Taron agreed I know, but listen we have Paul and James, you have the panic button, my new place has state of the art security and you have me he grinned, trying to raise a smile.

It worked Are you going to go all Eggsy on him? she chuckled, Taron was pleased to hear her being playful, it meant she was less stressed. I know some moves he laughed What about your umbrella? Eryn laughed, Dont you need that? she continued to smile, while Taron rolled his eyes and winked his trademark wink.

After a fair bit of driving, the couple pulled into a services to grab something to eat. Eryn was reassured when she caught sight of James in her peripheral vision. Knowing he was close by, really helped. Though she felt a bit preposterous, after all it was Taron who was the celebrity. Though back in Aber he was just a local and no one made much fuss. She realised as he raised a few looks and excited mutterings around the service station, that she was going to have to get used to whole different lifestyle. She was somewhat nervous to see his celebrity bachelor pad.

She hadnt even known he was a celebrity at first, until she had decided to google him. She was shocked at his status, not realising just how high in the world he was. It unnerved her somewhat, but he was just Taron to her. Her Welsh Boi She wasnt enamoured by fame anyway; it wasnt something she saw any value in. Sure, she was impressed by his work and achievements. But fame was based on popularity rather than anything substantial or worthwhile and she knew Taron felt the same, he wasnt in it for fame and money. He was creative, like she was and genuinely enjoyed the art. It was something they were both passionate about and she loved that she could talk for hours with him about what he was reading around his character or the symbolism in the costumes he was wearing for a film. She was yet to watch his entire back catalogue, but what she had seen had impressed her. For someone so modest, he was an incredible chameleon and even though he didnt show it, he was deeply committed to creating authentic work and had the most devoted work ethic.

She was dying to see him in action, on set. In fact, he had, along with her entire trip to Wales, awoken her inspiration. She had gone away in part to fix her writers block and succeeded exceptionally well. Grateful that she had hidden her laptop from Phil and even more so for the staff at the hotel for getting it back to her. She now had not only the collection of poetry she had written. But the beginnings of Love story she knew she could turn into a novel.

Once they had filled up and were back on the road, Eryn felt her energy coming back. Turning the volume up she began to sing a long to her favourite songs and a few of Tarons. Mostly they had the same music tastes, apart from a few dodgy ones. The rest of the journey went quickly as the pair sang and joked, the banter was high, and it was in all a reasonable journey. But soon the same old landmarks appeared, the M4 flyover, Earls Court and finally the BBC white citys icon round building. Now renovated and turned into luxury apartments, one of which was Taron and now Eryns new home. Taron passed through a security gate, in which he had to show a guard his pass. He then parked in the under-ground garage.

Eryn climbed out and stretched, having seized up from sitting so long. Taron took Eryns hand Come on, Ill show you around and get the cases later he said as he led her to a lift. Eryn already felt safer, knowing the place was gated and the only access was through the gate they had entered. She held Tarons hand, her hand was clammy, and Taron noticed You ok? he asked Yeah, it just weird being back in London, you know? she replied and Taron nodded. Come on, let me show you, your new home he grinned as he pressed the P button. As in penthouse? Eryn asked. Taron reddened Its a bit pretentious isnt it? he said but Eryn smiled Not for an A lister like yourself she teased as Taron groaned.

The doors opened to a vestibule area, where yet another security guard sat. Good Afternoon Mr Egerton, Miss he welcomed the pair. Rising from his seat he unlocked the door in front of them and held it open. Eryn walked in grinning sheepishly as Taron followed her Ok that was weird She whispered to him I know he admitted But you get used to it he looked somewhat embarrassed. But soon forgot as he saw the look on Eryns face as she took in the beautiful apartment. She looked like a kid in a candy store. Turning to Taron, she threw her arms around his neck This is a beautiful place, ridiculous but beautiful she smiled. Grinning back at her Taron kissed her lightly. You are beautiful he said Ridiculous but beautiful he laughed as Eryn cuffed him. I live here? she asked looking into his eyes, sparkling with excitement. He nodded If you want to? Of course, he asked Are you kidding? She beamed. Kissing him firmly on the lips.