Chapter 38

Taron returned exhausted from the final shoot, the first thing he noticed when he arrived was the music blaring from the flat. He opened the door to darkness. A trail of candles led to the roof stairs. Smiling slightly, he dropped his bag and kicked off his shoes. Following the candles. He reached the roof, to see Eryn stood with a bottle of beer in her hand, a mischievous smile on her face. Classic 80s love songs rang out of the speakers. As she handed Taron the bottle and kissed him. Shit did I forget an anniversary or something? He panicked. Eryn rolled her eyes and shook her head Like you would she smiled. Leaving her arms around his neck. So, what is all this? he said looking at her outfit, he saw she was wearing his favourite dress, a blue summer number that stopped just above the knee. His hand went to her backside as they spoke.

Making her roll her eyes again and move it to her waist. My turn to surprise and pamper you she said gesturing to the sushi platter laid out on the bar. Oooh yes he said walking over and shoving a salmon roll into his mouth, he moved in time with the music as Eryn laughed. He sipped his beer and felt himself relax. Dancing over to Eryn he pulled her close and she joined in singing along. I heard you the other night she whispered in his ear. He moved away a little looking confused When you were ahem swimming she added.

Oh that he said slugging his beer, thought coming to him that he was hoping to forget. Baby, you can talk to me, you know it doesnt always have to be the other way round Eryn said as she saw his body stiffen again. I know he said finishing the bottle and picking up another. Slow down T she said feeling the tension growing. I need a piss he said heading inside. Eryn sighed You and your big mouth she thought. Sitting on the sofa, she sipped her own bottle and looked out over the skyline.

When he returned, Taron looked sheepish. He sat next to Eryn and rested his hand on her knee. Sorry he muttered Baby, Im just worried about you Eryn said softly, resting her head on his shoulder. Taron moved his arm around her waist and pulled her toward him I know. They sat in silence, occasionally sipping their drinks. I saw your internet history Taron said abruptly. What you were looking at, I he broke off. Eryn closed her eyes embarrassed and ashamed that Taron had found her out. If there was something wrong, I thought you could tell me he said sadly. Its embarrassing T she said Ok he said understanding. But if things arent good, I want to know, I mean how long? She began drawing doodles on his leg Only since the operation she admitted.

Im confused, so have you? Been pretending? he said as his brain worked it out, Eryn have you been faking it? he said turning to her. He didnt need an answer her whole demeanour answered for her. why he breathed I didnt want you to feel bad, I dont know she whimpered, the shame and embarrassment felt overpowering and she desperately wanted to run away. Is it me? he asked after some moments of thought. Eryn was quick and turned to him That, right there that is why women fake it, why I? she said That face, what you are feeling right now, I didnt want any of this she said frustrated No Taron, Its me, my body is fucked up she huffed.

Taron pulled her back to him, she had begun to move further away as they continued to speak. Your bodies been through a lot, its different, not fucked up he said Eryn I wish you had told me, I know you were trying to spare my feelings, but I dont want you to pretend to enjoy it he said firmly. For the first time, she looked at him and he at her. Sorry she mouthed, and he nodded. I guess we now get an excuse to experiment he said cheekily, breaking the tension. She laughed What do you have in mind? she asked Hmmm depends what have you tried already he grinned.

-----------------------------------

Laid in bed that night, Taron was glad they had cleared the air. But it still troubled him that, yet another obstacle appeared to threaten their happiness. He stared at the ceiling as Eryn slept. Pride for his fiancé enveloped him. She had already been through so much and yet she was always thinking of him, setting up tonights treat and despite it not being what hed wanted, she had been prepared to do so much to avoid him feeling bad. He smiled when she turned toward him, her new pink hair revealing her neck to him. He fought the urge to move in and kiss the spot. Not wanting to wake her, knowing how hard sleep was for her to achieve.

He wriggled nearer and laid his arm over her stomach, thinking about children. Grinning at images of Eryn with a baby in her arms and his pride over his family. He sighed heavily, knowing that he had to change the way he saw it happening. He knew he would never get to rest his hand on her belly, rounded with his child growing inside. It made him feel sad, not only for himself. He knew that Eryn would look amazing pregnant and was gutted that shed never realise that experience. His hand flattened on her stomach and he closed his eyes.

Waking early, with a week before the International Junket. Taron sat at his PC scrolling through the options. He was determined he would find a way to make their dreams of a family come to life. He sipped his tea, his glasses on his nose as he focussed on the screen. He didnt hear Eryn enter. She bent down and pushed his glasses back onto his face. Smiling she looked at the screen, so what is all this? she asked reading the page. Taron thats a bit full on she said as he turned to her. Im just looking at all there is, thats one option thats all she smiled and swallowed slightly. Are we going to talk about this need to fix everything T? she asked solemnly. He spun back to the PC Nope he answered.

Eryn groaned, not in the mood for an argument. She left him to his research, it was EDMR day and she needed to get ready. As she showered, she thought about the page she had read. The idea was still experimental and early days in its application. But as she thought about how the same could be said about the EDMR and how much is was helping, she began to wonder if it was worth looking into. She climbed out and dressed ready to go. When she was met by Taron, with his keys in hand. I thought I was come along today, if thats ok he said brightly. Taron had been working when the sessions had been happening, but he too had seen Eryn returning from sessions looking lighter and full of praise for the changes she could tell were already happening.

She had succeeded is removed a number of minor flashbacks completely and deal with others better. She had mentioned the incident that scared the pair and was told that occasionally EDMR could cause smaller flashbacks to merge together and create a combination attack. This certainly explained what had happened, she was given some anti-anxiety medication to take and so far, no more attacks had shown up.

Arriving in the small building, Taron was amazed. He had expected a doctors office of some kind. But inside the building, was a large garden with bamboo huts and yoga mats in one room. The pair were led to the treatment room. This consisted of a large bunch of pillows and beanbags in the centre which Eryn made herself comfortable on, as Taron found a spot around the edge. He was told to avoid touching her whilst the therapist did her work. He watched intently as the therapist got to work. It seemed so unlikely that such a technique could have any effect at all, let alone the depth of help Eryn spoke of. Yet he saw her body responding and was aware of the fact she was responding unconsciously.

He himself couldnt help feeling his stress lift in the atmosphere and enjoyed the calming affect it had on him. As the session ended and Eryn got up, she seemed to be shining. He was overcome for minute as she chatted to her therapist. Swallowing his emotions, he got up and took her hand. They walked out of the building lets go for a walk Taron suggested Eryn looked at him suspiciously but agreed.

Making their way across Hyde park, holding hands Eryn stopped Okay Welsh Boi spill Whats this about, you never walk with me anywhere? He pulled her to him Okay, well I wanted to spend time with you, I wanted to talk he said quietly Youre right I do want to fix everything he said slowly as Eryn continued to walk with him. Listening carefully as he spoke. He let all his thoughts and worries tumble from his head. Eryn squeezed his hand when she felt he needed to know she was with what he was saying.

They reached home and still Taron continued as they settled on the sofa. Eryn stroked his face as he let it drop on to her shoulder. He closed his eyes. I love you so much Eryn he mumbled in her. She held him tightly. I love you Taron, there are just no words He lifted his head and smiled lightly. Moving forward he kissed her firmly. She smiled into the kiss and pressed herself closer as they deepened their kiss. Suddenly Taron scooped her up and carried her into the bedroom, giggling as he dropped her on the bed and began to kiss her neck, tickling her. He moved across and kissed her lips again.

Running her hands down she removed his trousers and boxers, as she wriggled her dress off. Once naked they stopped. I wont pretend anymore I promise Eryn said softly as Tarons eyes seemed to pull her in. He kissed her in reply and whispered into her I am going to make love you and whatever happens, happens ok she nodded.