Chapter 18

Taron and Eryn slept fitfully that night, the city heat didnt help. But by 3am Eryn gave up on the bedroom and headed for the roof, she curled up under a blanket on the day bed, staring up at the night sky. She could feel the citys energy going on around her, The city that never sleeps Eryn found the low hum, calming and it soothed her. Sleep though still evaded her.

She sat up, placing her feet on the cool wooden decking. Reading the time on her phone she groaned. She started her Spotify playlist and dropping it onto the coffee table, she began to wander aimlessly around the garden. It looked beautiful in the star light and she could imagine it being a great romantic retreat. She scoffed thinking back to her wedding and her experience of romance so far.

That image flashed in her mind from the paper, had she really looked like that, she thought. She knew that she had let everything go, that she was barely existing, and her appearance was simply controlled by Phil. Her arms weirdly didnt shock her, it felt like the truth was right there for everyone to see, she was practically bellowing for help, never mind crying out for it. She ran her hand down her arm and the now barely visible scars. Taron had never asked about her scars, she assumed he was waiting for her, but it was not something she consciously thought about.

She sat at the edge of the pool and dipped her legs into the cold water, sighing at the refreshing sensation. As she did the garden spang to life, twinkling lights appeared among the plants and shrubs, around the pool and bar. It was stunning and Eryn couldnt help but smile. Taron sat beside her and dropped his own feet into the cool water. Oooh thats nice he sighed, placing an arm behind Eryn. He gazed out over the city. This is what sold me on this place he said. Eryn rested her head on his shoulder It is amazing she agreed.

Couldnt sleep? he asked, and Eryn nodded. Things will get better, you know Taron tried, but Eryn shrugged. Dont you trust me? he asked I do Taron, but its just in my experience, anything good lasts a lot less than the bad she admitted. Taron squeezed her, Well thats because you didnt have me around he smiled softly. She looked at Taron, she wanted to believe what he said, so much. I am sorry Taron, the marriage thing I Taron stopped her, pressing his lips to hers. She was sweetly surprised and allowed herself to let go, enjoying him. His hand roved her hair and his tongue explored her mouth. A smile spread across Eryns face as the separated. Am I forgiven? she asked Maybe he nodded No more secrets though ok? he said. No more she agreed. Kissing him again.

Stretching her arms, she yawned. Looking at Taron under the lights, she was reminded of his incredible features. Wearing nothing but boxers, she couldnt help but feel a tingle run up her spine as they sat together. It was then that she had a naughty idea. Its too hot she smirked leaning back as if to stretch. With no idea of what was on her mind Taron agreed. You need to cool off she smiled, and he looked at her confused. As she pushed him as hard as she could, sending him crashing into the pool. Eryn began to pull her legs up as Taron emerged to the top, he faces a picture of mischievous naughtiness.

Eryn gawped, loving how her trick worked, but she was too slow to get both legs out and Taron managed to grip her ankle. She squealed Taron, no Taron!m sorry please it was no good. Before she could grab the side, Taron pulled her into the pool with him, nightclothes and all. As she reached the surface, spluttering Taron was waiting, grinning. She wiped the dripping water from her face and swam over to him.

Damn it Welsh Boi she panted wrapping her arms around his neck. Dont start something you cant finish Riley he laughed. Wrapping his arms around her waist. Eryn adjusted Tarons fringe for him and pressed herself against him. The water felt amazing, her body cooling down. But as they floated together, looking into each others eyes, the romance of the place infected them. Eryn wrapped her legs around Tarons waist, running her hands down his chest, her heart beating hard in her chest.