Chapter 13

Eryn sat on the edge of the bed, looking around at the walls and décor. She felt like a 13-year-old, sat on Tarons childhood bed, in his room at his mam and step dads. She was meant to be sleeping, but it was no use. Every time she closed her eyes, his face was there. She could hear Tarons voice downstairs and he discussed everything with his Mam and Guy (His stepfather) going over what the police had said.

She ran her hands through her hair, thinking maybe it was time to go home. This was getting serious now. If bail was not going to stop him breaking and entering, what was he going to do next? Poor Taron had enough to deal with without this and although it hurt her, she wondered if he would be better off out of the whole situation. She was so grateful that he had been theyre for her, but they hadnt even talked about what happened to her and she still had so much to tell him.

She heard footsteps and the door creak open. As she laid down on the pillow and stared at the ceiling. Taron slipped under the cover and was about to lay his arm on her tummy, when he saw her eyes were open. I thought you were asleep he whispered turning on his side and propping himself up on his arm. He leant over and stroked her forehead. You are worrying? he asked and Eryn nodded. Turning to look at him About you she said Me? Taron said a little surprised Why? he asked.

I feel like Ive been like a bomb thats been thrown at you she said looking down. You have he smiled Eryn sighed In a good way Eryn he said lifting her head he moved forward to kiss her, but she moved a little back stopping the kiss. He looked at her a little hurt. Wouldnt it be better if I just went home Taron she managed to say with a wobble in her voice, No he said simply And I know why youre saying that, but No just No ok he said pressing his lips against her and holding her head to prevent her pulling away again.

Dont do that Eryn he said looking a little upset Youre letting him win, thats what he wants he said firmly. Taron can we she started Have that talk you mentioned he finished for her. She nodded Mind reader he smiled a little, Go on then... Tarons voice was cautious. You havent asked me what actually happened Eryn stated Is there a reason for that? Taron thought for a moment. Not really, I just assumed you would tell me when you felt ready, I know some of it obviously he said stroking the lines on her face still red from where they were cut.

Do you want me to tell you? Eryn asked Its okay if you dont want to know she continued I just feel so guilty Eryn, Im not sure Im really able to hear the details, it hurts to think of the things he did to you and makes me so angry he admitted. Eryn moved closer to Taron and placed her hands on his cheeks. Guilty, Omg Taron what on earth are you guilty of? he put his hands-on top of hers. For being too fucking late to stop him Eryn, I let you down I he broke off dropping his face into the pillow. You knew he was hiding his tears.

You ran you fingers through his hair, Its not your fault Taron, its his and only his she said quietly Now whos letting him win she continued This is what he does, hes toxic, he infects everything and turns it all bad. I do not want him to infect you, us she found it hard to speak. Taron lifted his head, wiping the wet from his eyes. Its all coming out in court Eryn anyway, maybe its time I did face up to the details He said looking at her Anyway you shouldnt have to shoulder it all alone he pulled her into a hug. Tell me he croaked.

========

Eryn took a step Hello Darling Phil replied brightly, striding into the room. Right Darling, lets not fuck about He said looking around the room Phil what are you doing here? How did you even know where I was Eryn Stuttered? Phil turned to face Eryn, grabbing her hair he pulled it hard. That is too many fucking questions Eryn he growled Get your fucking coat and phone and dont lets be a silly little girl and start making a fuss he snarled letting go. Eryn swallowed hard grabbing her jacket and picking up her phone, Phil snatched it out of her hand and slid it into his jean back pocket. Right get your stuff he shouted Now he picked up Eryns duffle bag and went into the bathroom pushing the contents of the side into the bag and throwing anything of Eryns into it, Eryn pulled out her suitcase, shaking she threw everything in and zipped it up. She saw her laptop on the table and grabbing it she slid it under the pillows.

She looked around, she had everything, thinking hard she tried to work out how to raise the alarm. But her thoughts were cut off by Phil grabbing her arm roughly and marching her out of the room. Now remember when you check out, no stupid stuff and dont even think of trying to let your fancy man know your leaving Eryn shot a look at Phil Fucking hell Eryn, you think I dont know youve been a fucking slut he spat as they travelled down in the lift.

At the reception Phil, slid his arm off Eryns arm and into her hand, smiling he escorted her to the reception. Hi ... erm I need to check out said Eryn No problem the receptionist said and looked up her details Oh your due to stay 3 more nights, is there a problem? the receptionist asked looking from Eryn to Phil. Eryn wanted to nod so badly, but Phil increased the pressure on her hand, so she shook it. We had a fight is all said Phil Made up now though, right darling he cooed kissing Eryn on the lips. Eryn shocked didnt respond and the receptionist seemed to be aware that something was not quite right.

She tried to send Eryn a look, but rather than get too involved quickly rang up the bill and Eryn handed her credit card over. Taking the paper receipt Phil walked Eryn out of the door. Hey Eryn called Sonny the waiter fuck off replied Phil. Whos that another one youve been fucking behind my back he growled. Opening the passenger seat, he practically threw Eryn into the car. She adjusted herself in her seat. Looking around her desperately for some way to get out of the situation. Phil locked the doors, having climbed into the drivers seat. He started the car and they pulled out of the hotel car park. Eryn continued to scan the area desperate for sight of Taron or one of the group. But soon they were leaving Aberystwyth and tears began to fall down Eryns face.

Phil ignored her and began his tirade She was out of order disappearing on him, who did she think that she was? She belonged to him and she needed to get it into her head, that he would never let her go. Did she think that simply chucking her phone away would stop him? it went on and on. Eryn simply tuned it out going numb and returning to the dissociative state she knew too well.

She was beginning to fall asleep when the car juddered to a halt and smoke poured out of the bonnet. Phil jumped out of the car ad ran to the bonnet opening it. Eryn saw the flames and panicking grabbed at her door; it now being unlocked. Once out on the hard shoulder, she saw her opportunity and climbing over she tried to run, but the steep back was too much, losing her footing she tumbled down the bank rolling to a stop at the bottom, She tried to gather herself and get up. She had lost one of her sandals and managed to pull the other off. Looking up she saw Phil looking at her from the top of the bank, he was screaming for her to stay where she was.

But something got her up from the floor, the thought of Taron. She wasnt going to let Phil do this anymore. She got up and turned pushing through some bushes that scratched her arms and legs she broke out into a field and began running and running as fast as she could. She didnt look back. Despite hearing Phils voice shouting at her. Up ahead was a forest and she thought if he could make it that far at least she might have a chance of hiding.

As she reached the edge of the trees, something hit her in the face. She fell landing on the dirt. She felt his hands grabbing at her turning her over, she came face to face with Phil again. Reaching to her cheek, she felt something wet and as she looked at her hand, she saw blood. Her eyes widened, but before she could say anything, she was hit again. She fell again her face on the dirt.

Then she felt hands on her legs, they were pushing up her skirt. She gasped panicking she pushed her skirt down No Phil she begged Please, Please I will good I wont run she cried, tears running down her mud-covered face. But he didnt answer, instead he punched her hard in the head. Her vision blanked and she passed out.

When she woke up, she knew what he had done. She could feel it. She lay in the mud, staring at the roots of a nearby tree stump. She had no idea if he was even there anymore. She just lay still, hoping that she was dead. That this was the end now, that it was over. But it was then that a face came into view. Hello is seemed to say though Eryn couldnt hear anything but buzzing in her ears. Ok my love, Im Daisy. Ive called the police and they are on the way she said. Eryn felt something warm being placed over her and realised that Daisy must have covered her up.

Getting to the hospital was a blur, she vaguely remembered being in the ambulance and continuing to remain semi-conscious and numb, she remembered little of the sexual assault kit being done. She remembered being in the hospital bath, a nurse washing her gently. She remembered the paper suit she had been given and calling out for Taron. Curling up on the hospital bed.