Chapter 30

Eryn sat open mouthed, she did not expect him to make her wait and was gutted. When he returned a few moments later, he sat and pulled off his wellies. Eryn was sulking, she lay quietly. Taron picked up his phone and began scrolling, he chose a Joannie Mitchell song one that he had loved for a long time and the one Eryn admitted was her favourite too. It was only when Taron didn’t immediately climb up the bed that she looked up.
To her surprise Taron was barely visible, she sat up “What are you” Eryn’s hand flew to her mouth as she saw Taron was down on one knee. His eyes were watery, and a small blue ring box was in his outstretched arm. “Eryn Riley, You and I haven’t much time behind us, but we have an expanse ahead, I cannot imagine you not being with me for whatever is in store, When we met I thought I would not, could not feel love like I had before, and I was right because this is so so much more than that, no one has known me like you do and no one gets me like you. I know that because of your past, we may have obstacles to deal with, but I know together we can get passed them all. I know you have given me an answer, but I’m asking you again and not as a drunken, half garbled mess, All of me is asking you” he croaked “ Please Marry me?” he smiled uncertainly, trying to hold himself together.
Eryn moved to the sit at the end of the bed, she looked at Taron and couldn’t believe this was truly happening. “Yes please” was all she could manage as she trembled, tears of joy streamed down her cheeks. Taron moved to her and kissed her, their lips pressed together for the longest time as they exhaled together, parting a short way Taron lifted the ring out of its box, he lifted her hand,  which was still shaking as was his. Slipping the ring onto her finger, he beamed. Looking to Eryn for her reaction.
The ring was beautiful, it was a simple white gold band, with a bright blue diamond. Small white diamonds either side. It was simple and elegant. Eryn couldn’t take her eyes off it. She stared disbelieving “Blue to match your eyes and sometimes mine” he softly said. As time went by, he became a little concerned as Eryn hadn’t said anything. “is it bad? Did I get it wrong?” he panicked “No Welsh boy” she whispered entirely overcome “You did Very Very good”.
Standing in front of her at the end of the bed, he took her hands and pulled her up, she grew a little dizzy, but Taron was holding her tightly and she knew she was safe. He pulled Eryn close and kissed her, this was a kiss that said all he wanted to express, he was glad she had been brave enough to admit to her worries about Emily, it meant that the air was clear now and he didn’t care that his plans were derailed, she said yes and that was all he cared about. As they kissed, he became aware that Eryn had begun to feel warm again and not forgetting her sickness, he let go and led her back to bed.
She lay in her spot and closed her eyes, her thumb playing with her ring. Taron smiled when he saw her and as his brain circled the fact that she had said yes, trying to find somewhere to land and settle. He began to drift off. Eryn smiled into Taron’s neck and shoulders as she repeated the beautiful things Taron had said in his proposal. “Taron!” she said all of a sudden “ You better ring your Mam” she grinned, “She’ll kill you if you take too long” he looked at her “ You wait till the girls hear” he replied picking up his phone dialling his Mam’s number “ They’ll be beautiful bridesmaids Taron” he didn’t want to assume that Eryn would automatically have them be bridesmaids even though it was logical. But Eryn hadn’t thought twice.
---
The Sun finally made an appearance the next day, So Taron pulled out the recliners and they sat by the clear blue river as it ran into the ocean. Eryn still felt ropey, but a fair bit better, the temperature was gone and although she still felt rough and sick, she hadn’t thrown up all night. She lay on the soft pillow and closed her eyes, allowing the sun to soothe her. She had pulled on her strapless swimsuit and was enjoying the warmth on her skin.
“You look better” Taron said setting some pastries on the table between you and a jug of juice. He settled himself next you on his recliner and pulled off his top, He turned his music on, and it began to play a mix of music, through the beats speaker. Putting his sunglasses and cap on he settled back.
“T pass me a drink”? Eryn asked a mischievous smile on her lips, Taron looked at her suspiciously “… O…K” he said slowly, pouring her a glass. He set it next to her “T  I can’t possibly lift it, not with this on my finger” she grinned pausing for dramatic effect, she held her engagement ring out, giggling. “Oh Ok, if that’s a dig at the size of the stone, I can get a bigger one?” he teased.
She blew him a kiss “Shut up, it’s perfect, you know I love it” she grinned holding her hand out and admiring it. Taron beamed, proud he had chosen just the right one and euphoric that last night had turned out the way it had. He had, hadn’t cancelled his plans for the last night, instead he had adapted them slightly, knowing the surprise would be bigger, now that Eryn had nothing to suspect would happen.
“Drink your drink fiancé” he said, laying back on his recliner and looking at Eryn with one eye closed. She was beaming “Sounds so strange that” she sipped her drink and gazed at Taron. His chest was already looking wet from the heat. “I like it” he said dreamily. “Fiancé” he said again. Eryn laughed “if you say it too much it’ll just sound weirder” she dropped her legs to the side of the recliner and headed into the camper, coming back out moments later. Standing next to Taron, she poured sun cream on her hands and placed the cold liquid on his chest “Woah babe” he jumped, Making Eryn laugh “ thought you liked surprises” she teased “Don’t start with me Riley” he warned, but she began massaging the cream into his chest, the cool cream now felt nice on his warm skin, and the sensations from her hands were creating havoc with his libido.
Seeing his reaction, Eryn continued to massage the cream into his shoulders, back and down his arms. Leaning close, had her sizzling too. She had to shake herself more than once as her nausea threatened to ruin her enjoyment. Eryn poured another dollop of cream on her hands and starting this time at his toes, rubbed it into his calves, massaging it into the muscles as her stomach flipped, feeling insanely aroused as she moved his shorts up and covered his thighs. Taron lay back enjoying himself, knowing he would be able to return the pleasure,
As she finished, she leant down and kissed him, lifting the peak of his cap to get full access to his lips, he pushed his tongue through and taking her by surprised, pressed hard and groaned erotically. Pulling back a little, to catch her breath. She stood dizzy for a moment. “Taron moved quickly and sat up seeing the colour drain and her body weaken “Shit, Sorry babe” he said “Come on sit down” he steadied her and sat her on her recliner. “I forgot you were still not 100%” he admitted readjusting his shorts “Can’t help myself sometimes” he smiled cheekily.
“I know” she smiled, the colour coming back a little. “It’s what you do to me” he complained making her laugh. He leaned over and took the sun cream. “Your turn” he said “I will be good, promise” he smiled holding up his fingers in a scout salute. Eryn rolled her eyes and shook her head. Taron was gentle, but firm and Eryn knew in minutes why Taron had reacted as he had, it was the most erotic sensation, despite still feeling sick. She had to fight the tingling and explosions Taron’s hands were causing. When he began massaging her shoulders, she groaned involuntarily making Taron laugh “blimey, what’s in this sun cream? We need to do this more often, babe I don’t think you have made anything quite like that noise before, I think I need to up my game if a massage makes you do that, I’m way behind in bed” he chuckled naughtily.

Chapter 31
The week seemed to be going far too fast and suddenly it was the last day. Eryn had continued to feel off colour here are there, but nothing she couldn’t handle, and the week was a blissful time both Eryn and Taron were enjoying. Just the two of them surrounded by the beautiful welsh countryside.
Taron was up early, leaving Eryn to sleep in. He brought back a small feast for breakfast, so I thought we would head to Aber today, see the folks what do you think? He said dropping ketchup down his top. Very shook her head smiling. “Sounds good to me, I live your mam and those sisters of yours" she had been on the phone to Tina so much since leaving that Taron had complained that they saw more of each other than he did.
After lunch Taron pulled the camper together making sure it  was all back in place. Eryn pushed her seat into recline and rested her bare feet on the dash. She took a photo of the two off them before they set off, pulling sad faces she posted it on her private Instagram.
Turning the music up, the window opens fully and the hot sun streaming through was enough to send Eryn back off to sleep. Taron testing his hand on her knee as he sang and danced along. There was something about watching him drive that Eryn loved, it was manly, and he was so cocky his eyes sparkling as he enjoyed the music. But it was not enough to keep her eyes from closing.
Taron loved the way he often caught he just watching him, not knowing what it was that had her entranced, she looked so happy, sometimes even exhilarated. He felt her love in those little moments, he too found himself staring at her, watching her hands as it ran through her hair or how her face changed as she spoke animatedly with his friends or just being open and friendly.
He thought about what he had in store and chuckled to himself, she didnt have a clue of what was in store. He was a little nervous but speaking to his mam earlier he felt better knowing she and Guy had it all under control.  It wasn't long before the familiar sights appeared, and they pulled into Aberystwyth. Pulling into the car park of his apartments. He stroked Eryn’s face gently, “Babe we're here" he said “Are we home?” Eryn yawned and smiled without opening her eyes.
It took Taron aback when she said it, he felt so happy hearing her calling it home. It had always been home for him of course, but knowing that Eryn adored his little hometown gave him a really thrill. Opening her door like a proper gentleman, he kissed her cheek and held out his hand. “Come on you" he said as she groaned setting her feet on the ground. Taron locked the camper, leaving it to deal with later.
As they entered the apartment, Eryn was ambushed. Waiting in the front room was Tina and his Aunty. They grabbed the pair and squeezed them. “Right Taron, off you go!” his Aunty said “Leave us girls to get going we will see you later" she finished. “Jesus I just got in the door; I can have a brew first surely" he sighed “Nope" said Tina. “Go on, Guy has the girls and your lot at ours, so off you go" Tina instructed.
He kissed a very confused Eryn who looked from one person to another utterly bewildered. Then left. “Right first off Eryn, come here and give me another hug, I can’t believe he proposed like that, that’s no story for my grandchildren" she said. Her face dropped when she realised what she said “Oh Eryn me and my mouth" she apologised. But Eryn shook her head, don’t be silly” she said, “Right what’s going on now, what’s he been up to?” Eryn asked “come on Eryn you know we can’t give it away he loves his little surprises our Taron" said his Aunty.
Tina sent Eryn off to shower and then the they did Eryn’s hair and make up for her. Once she was ready Tina brought out a dress and shoes Taron had picked out for her. It was a soft golden pink spaghetti strap dress, is had a shimmering, sparkly over lay that was stunningly soft and flowing. The shoes a pair of light gold mid heel sandals matching the dress. Eryn was amazed it was just breath-taking. She looked up at the two women with her “Did he really choose these himself, with no help?” she asked “ yes" they said together. The pride on Tina and her sisters faces shone. Eryn slipped the dress on over her most delicate underwear and looked in the mirror, she felt like a golden mermaid, her hair in a half up half down style and her lightly curled blonde hair resting on her newly bronzed skin.
She again rolled her engagement finger with her thumb, overwhelmed. She had to sit for moment to stop herself from crying and wrecking her make up. Taking a deep breath, she stood, ready to go. She knew couldn’t fall apart yet, Taron clearly had more involved for this day. She was ready and as she walked out, Tina and her sister had also changed. Wearing pretty summer dresses and sandals. They walked out of the apartment block and Tina led the way to the Marina.
As they began to walk down the main jetty, Eryn saw Taron. Wearing a pair of pale blue suit style shorts, a yellow, short sleeve shirt and deck shoes. He grinned when he saw her, running a little to meet his mam, his kissed her and whispered something to her, His aunty listening in. They walked a little way off and waited. “Taron Egerton” what are you up to?” Eryn asked taking in his look, he looked very dapper and tanned.
“Well look at you?” He said “Now tell me what’s going on Welsh boy, why are we at the Marina are we getting on one of these?” she looked a little concerned “Don’t tell me that you get sea sick?” he asked in a teasing tone, but in the back of his mind he panicked. “I thought that you were a mermaid?” Eryn blushed loving that Taron had remembered. “I’m fine, but I just stopped feeling sick, so it better be a smooth sail” she looked at Taron, his face was alight. It always shon the most when he was doing something for someone else, she loved seeing the excitement and anticipation.
Taron took her hand and as they met with his Mam and Aunt, they walked a little further before coming to a large Yacht. Two very excited young ladies, were already on board and clearly unable to wait any longer, were waving at those on the jetty to come aboard. Guy was with them and helped everyone climb onto the yacht. The girls also wore pretty summer dresses and their hair was braided a little down each side. As Eryn looked into the yacht se saw all of Taron’s, friends and family were present and the yacht was decorated with silver and gold ribbons. A large banner was strung across the deck reading “Congratulations Taron & Eryn” drinks were being given out and music was playing.
Eryn looked at Taron, “Well as my plans for tonight were kind of derailed, I decided that I could still use the yacht and just invite everyone for a massive engagement party” he beamed. Eryn’s eyes danced around trying to take everything in. Her heart was in her mouth. She threw her arms around Taron’s neck and buried her face in his shoulder. “This is a dream isn’t it?” she said her voice shaky. “No sweetheart, this is real” Taron replied moving her so he could look at her.
As they began to smile, Taron was accosted by Mari who was the youngest of his two sisters. She grabbed Eryn and Taron’s hands and pulled them up to the upper deck “We’re moving look” she cried excitedly as the yacht began slowly to move away from the marina and toward the open ocean. Taron crouched to her level “Can you sea the loch ness monster yet Mari?” he asked “That’s in Scotland Taron, silly” she giggled. “Well Mari even the loch ness monster needs a holiday? Where do you think it goes?” Mari was unsure for a moment and looked at the water. Eryn watched them for a short while, As  As shyer Rosie hovered between Eryn and Taron.
Leaving Taron with the girls Eryn spotted Meghan and Niamh, “Omg Eryn!!” they giggled, coming over and hugging her “ Hey” she said a little red “This is amazing Eryn, I can’t even believe it” Meghan said sipping her drink, she was wearing a gorgeous red maxi dress and a little black bolero “So girls, come on help me out here, have you any idea what Taron’s got planned today?” Eryn asked “Are you asking us to betray a trust Eryn?” Niamh pulled her best dramatic shocked look. “Yes, totally, female solidarity and all that” she replied. “No chance” the girls replied “We want to see the look on your face as much as he does” “Oh so you know something then?” she chuckled.
“As you are more than aware, our Taron likes his surprises, so you can guarantee somethings been planned”. The girls conversation continued as they sipped the wine that had been laid out on the table. After a while, as Eryn’s stomach rumbled she broke away in search of food, finding some nibbles, she grabbed a few and went to find a quiet spot to relax. It wasn’t a massive yacht and with all those on board, it wasn’t all that easy, but she managed to find a little seating area at the back, where she could watch the ocean and take a breather. Taking it all in, she began thinking to her arrival in Aber and how far things had come in such a short space of time.
She had rung her mother and told her the news, receiving the kind of response she expected. “Well don’t expect us to pay for another wedding Eryn, You’re only meant to get married once remember” her mothers voice was dripping with jealousy. She having stayed with Eryn’s father despite how he acted, refusing to even think of a divorce. It didn’t matter that the family were dragged into it all, that sides were demanded and so much hurt was being caused all round. “Despite being fully aware of Phil’s behaviour and what he had done to Eryn, even the recent attack, didn’t stop them from continuing a relationship with him and constantly berating her for leaving him. The blame for it all was clearly all Eryn’s and she must have ‘done’ something to cause him to do what he did.
This was why she refused to have contact or even visit her parents now. She had had enough of them and the way that they drained her of all her energy and progress mentally. But as she sat and thought now at the end of the boat, she found herself feeling the familiar sadness that reared it’s head at the times when most women would have a family to celebrate with. She loved Taron’s and Tina was really like a Mam in so many ways. But it just was never going to be the same.
She shook the words from her head, today she determined would not be ruined by them. As she looked up, wiping the tears that were threatening to fall. Taron appeared “There you are, what are you hiding here for?” he asked, stopping when he saw she looked sad and picking up on her body language. He sat next to her, taking her hand “Whats wrong?” he asked softly “If this is all too much, I get it. I can get us back to shore and tell everyone to go if you want” he asked Eryn pulled a face “Don’t be daft, I’m good” she smiled “ I’m not convinced, but if you say so” he said not at all reassured Eryn lay her head on his shoulder “Thank you for this babe and especially for my outfit, you have a career in styling if the acting doesn’t work out for you, you know” she laughed “In women’s clothing?” he raised one eyebrow, resting his head on hers. “I saw it and thought it was very you, I’m glad you like it” he continued “You do look really amazing baby”. “You don’t look to bad yourself” she said placing her hand on his knee and stroking his thigh. “Are we being dreadfully anti social just sat out here?” Eryn asked after a while, she was enjoying looking out to the waves, resting on Taron and just chatting.
“Hey it’s our party” he began “…and I’ll cry if I want to” Eryn interrupted making Taron chuckle “No, no crying” he laughed “But what I was going to say before I was so rudely interrupted was that we can do what we want” he wriggled into a more comfortable position his arm a round Eryn, moving them into a closer cwtch. “Were you really going to do all this to propose?” Eryn asked. Taron nodded “I thought I ought to do something to make up for the terrible way I did it after the wrap party” he said “I can’t believe you didn’t answer me, I was going nuts for days after that” he admitted “I told you, when I woke I up I thought I had dreamed it and at the time I thought I had said it out loud, but then when you didn’t say anything the next morning, I thought I must imagined it” she sighed. “Besides, the way you did it the other night was much more personal, I don’t mind a grand gesture, but it was perfect Taron, truly” Taron had to admit that he agreed.
“There you two are” Tina said when she saw you, she pulled up a chair and sat. “You ok? Why are you hiding out here?” she asked a little concern on her face “We’re perfect Mam” Taron smiled. Tina relaxed a little “Good, but people are asking where you are?” she said. “We’ll come through in a bit Mam” Taron added “Well, you to have plenty of time to sit and chat later” she smiled “You do look beautiful right now though” she said seeing her son happy and relaxed made her heart swell. She had wondered if his big plans were a little over the top for Eryn, but seeing them together now she knew that the couple were uniquely intune and he had clearly done a good job
Tina stood “Come on then, go see your guests” she told Taron, pulling him from his seat. He turned “Ready?” he asked Eryn who let him pull her to her feet too.  “Go on Taron, I wat a minute with my new daughter to be” Tina said grinning the same smile her son had inherited and responded in kind, Heading into the cabin. Tina pulled Eryn into a big hug “I know this must be hard, not having your own family here, so I wanted to check on you” she said. Eryn nodded “You read my mind, you and your son have a gift in that department you know” Tina laughed. “It is what it is” she replied “It can’t change, so I just have to accept it” Eryn looked at Tina, “Well, you have me and my lot now, so hopefully we can make up for what’s missing, if only a little bit” she smiled “Thank you Tina, truly that means so much” Eryn stopped herself again feeling emotional again.
Seeing her, Tina now took her arm and they headed into the Cabin.