Chapter 2- Aliyah

Aliyah^

~~2~~

Isabella POV

*contains abuse*

"GET UP BÍTCH ALL YOU EVER DO IS USE ALL MY MONEY! GET THE UP AND MAKE BREAKFAST." Was the first thing I heard as my step-dad came barging into my room. He grabbed my upper arm and pulled me to the kitchen.

"P-please stop...I w-won't be able to c-cover up." I stuttered terrified, keeping my eyes casted down.

"SHUT BÍTCH YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO" He screamed in my face.

"MAKE ME BREAKFAST" he slapped me and left me to make breakfast.

I scrambled off feet and quickly made him a small breakfast with what we had. I put the plate on the table and ran to my room to change for school. It was simple just some sweat pants and a hoodie they were baggy they helped cover up.

I grab my bag and made a beeline to the front door before my step-dad sees me. I began my 15 minutes walk to school while putting my headphones in and clicked play on my phone.

It used to be my mom's phone but when she died I took care of it. I couldn't afford to lose it. It has all our photos in it and her videos. I always play those videos of my mom just to hear her voice even though it's just a recording.

——————————

Once I got to school I could feel all the stares and whispers about me. I tried to ignore them and go to my locker. I felt someone kick my leg and I fell, I looked up to see the one and only Amber with her friends.

"Wow, I didn't think you'd come to school after whòring around with other men." She spat, covering her mouth with her fake nails as she let out a laugh.

She was your typical bully. She's got an hourglass figure, fake tan, caked makeup and barely wearing any clothes. She's dating the most popular guy in school but it's a good couple cheerleader and a fùckboy together but I wouldn't be surprised if both of them are cheating on each other.

"Leave me alone, Amber. I don't have time for this." I said wincing as I stood up.

"What? Got nothing to say? Ashamed that you're in a different man's bed every night." she scoffs.

"Woah woah backup a bit. Isn't that what you're doing every night?" Ah! There she is! My only friend in the school, Aliyah. I love her to death if she wasn't here then I would've lost myself a long time ago but she was always patient with me and she always made sure not to push things.

She doesn't know what's going on at home though she's seen a few scars on my arms but I always make up a lie for it and somehow she believes it. I've become very good at lying. It's almost like a second language.

"Oh look it's the whòres friend. What? Here to save your slùt of a friend? Can't believe your still her friend." Amber tuts.

"I can't believe Jason is still dating you after what you're doing behind his back. I mean half the school knows can't believe he hasn't figured it out." Aliyah smirks, with that Amber face turns pale even with all the fake tan.

"W-what you m-mean there n-nothing going on your just jealous!" With all the stuttering you can tell Amber is lying.

"Really? You know anything about you and Ry-" she got cut off by Amber.

"SHUT UP! You know nothing." Amber seethes, "This isn't over bítch." She kicks me and I fell again. The crowd started clearing up and Aliyah helped me up from the floor as I thanked her.

"You okay? Do you wanna go to the nurses office before class?" she asked.

"No it's okay besides, I don't feel any pain so it's all good" I gave her a reassuring smile.

She gave me a worried look but dropped it. We started walking to class talking about the most stupidest things. And right now we were having a talk on Aaliyah's encounter with an employee that refused to make her a drink since it was almost closing time.

"That is a stupid reason for not making a another drink I wonder who pissed him off before you."

"I know right? I mean look at me I'm so pretty, I should've gotten it for free!" We got to class and sat at the back. I laughed at her

"I don't think you'll ever get a free drink looking like that." I looked at her outfit. She was wearing all black with chains and belts. It looked really badass. Aliyah scoffed before she could say anything else the teacher came in.

"Alright kids, I want homework on my table now and yesterday's notes out we'll continue from there, no homework free zero" And there she was our amazing math teacher.

Everyone groaned. I for one was panicking because I didn't have my work. I couldn't do it because my stepfather barged into my den and beat the crap out of me for not making dinner but it's not my fault! There was nothing I could make, there was no food!

"What's wrong? Where's your homework, Iz?" Aliyah asks.

"I forgot it" I muttered

"Damn, It's ok. Just don't tell her, I'm sure one zero won't hurt right, you are an A student." She points out, I'm sure it will be fine.

————————-

I anxiously tapped my foot on the floor as class was almost ending. I kept glancing back at the clock, it's like time just got slower all of a sudden. Half the students were asleep even Aliyah was dozing off. What's the point of continuing the lesson?

Finally! The bell went off! Yes! Me and Aliyah quickly packed our stuff and yeeted out of there.

"I thought the bell would never ring." I groaned, slumping over to Aliyah putting my weight on her.

"No kidding, I wanted out of there. I can't wait to have lunch. My dad made it for me." Aliyah grins.

Sometimes I'd be jealous of Aliyah, she has a perfect family. They have a beautiful house and a great neighbourhood, loving dad, amazing mom, and an older sister that is in college and to top it off they have a beautiful young carefree daughter.

Whereas I just have a druggy alcoholic stepfather that beats the shit out of me for his entertainment. We live in a crappy house and a bad neighborhood. Everything was fine before my mom died. We lived in a beautiful house but mom died so we lost the house because my stepfather used her money for drugs and alcohol.

"Hey you still there Iz!" Aliyah's hand waves over my face.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I guess I dozed off" I giggled.

"Well we're already at the cafeteria are you gonna order something?"

"No, don't worry about it. I had a huge breakfast still haven't got that through" I lied rubbing my belly.

She gave me a disapproving look but dropped it. We sat down and started talking about random stuff. I put my hands under the table and felt something sticky, I picked my hand up to see what it was and I was disgusted, it was gum.

I told Aliyah I was going to wash my hand and she nodded, her face scrunched up as she saw what was on my hand.

I got up and made my way to the washroom and started washing my hands. I was about to leave until Amber showed up, blocking the door.

Oh great.....

_______________

[Sept-07-20]

{Edited: Dec-15-21}