Chapter 8- Painting

Comment pls they make my day

~~8~~

Isabella POV

My eyes fluttered open peacefully until I realized I wasn't in my room. I looked around in a fright. My memory jogged back and I remembered I'm in New York now with my brothers.

I let out a content sigh. I don't remember the last time I had a decent sleep, much less a nice and comfy bed. I picked up my book from the floor and set it on my side table.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time. It was 11:43am. I jumped off the bed and stretched. My body felt content with the privacy I now had and the spark of hope that was starting to light its way through my body.

I used the washroom and brushed my teeth then changed into some random tights and a sweater. I sat back down on my bed and grabbed my book again and started reading from where I left off.

Some time later a knock broke me out of my reading. I stared at the door as the knocking continued.

"Isabella? Are you awake?" It was Noah.

I shuffled out of my bed and went toward the door partly opening the door.

"Hey I just came to check up on you. I didn't mean to scare you." Noah said. I looked down nervously.

"I thought I should come so I could help you get down so you don't get lost." He said stepping aside so I can leave my room.

I stepped out of my room and followed behind him. We walked down the corridor and made sure to memorize the hallways as we walked by.

I nervously fumbled with my fingers as we got closer to the kitchen. Once we got into the kitchen I noticed an unfamiliar man cooking in front of the stove.

"That is Alfredo, he's our personal chef. Yesterday Angelo wanted to cook a special dinner for you so he wasn't there yesterday." Alfredo turned around to the sound of his name and spotted us.

"Oh my! Please pardon my tardiness! Oh how long it has been since I last saw you!" Alfredo gasped rushing to me.

I incisively moved back and put my hands up in front of me as if that would stop him.

"Alfredo, don't run like that, you'll scare her." Noah chuckled, making Alfredo halt.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to frighten you." He apologized still looking ecstatic.

I stammered over my words, "I-It's o-okay."

"It's wonderful to have you back ma'am. What can I serve you this morning?" Alfredo asked with a wide friendly smile.

"How about you serve her one of your specials?" Noah spoke up for me.

"Of course, please just a moment. Would you like anything in particular Master Noah?" Alfredo asked.

"No, I will eat the same as Isabella." With that Alfredo began rounding up ingredients.

"He's an energetic person especially with his cooking." Noah says walking out of the kitchen and sitting down onto one of the bar stools right beside the kitchen.