Chapter 21

"Eleanor, happy birthday!" Monte the only exception among the group, grinned.

"Thank you." Rael drily replied, clearly in no mood to have a conversation with these guys.

As all the others got up, they were still in awe of Eleanor's beauty. She really gave out a majestically goddess aura, unconsciously making the people around her feel small.

"And you are....?" Henry leading the conversation, being the son of a Prime Minister, asked the allies beside Rael.

"Good evening, I'm Martin Mally, Son of Count Mally." Martin bowed respectingly, his face too, dried of any emotion. Of course, it was given as Noah, the one who bullied him, was out there too. So this attitude wasn't kind of a big deal.

After Martin, Rose followed the introductions with the same distant face.

What's wrong with all of them?

All the boys in the group wondered, confused on the trios cold attitude towards them. Amist the awkward silence that followed, out of no where flocks of adults started gathering around them, leaded by non other than the Emperor himself.

"Princess Eleanor! What a lovely surprise to see you laughing around among so many people!" Robert, the prime minister, teased Eleanor.

Smiling charmingly, Eleanor just stared at him. Grinning, Robert showed his 12 pair of white teeth. Meanwhile the four sons, just gasped at the scene. They were pretty sure, the Princess was going to lash out at him, and if she didn't, surely the Emperor would.

.....they waited, but nothing happened.

"Princess Eleanor, many many happy wishes on your birthday, May God bless you." Captain Morgan smiled kindly at her. Breaking the stare from Robert, Eleanor, replies Captain Morgan," thank you, Captain Morgan. I really appreciate it, unlike someone, you know" Eleanor added the last part while looking at Robert for a second.

Laughing fondly the Captain brought forward his wife. " She is my wife, Lady Henada.
.....and you've already met Karl."

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Princess Eleanor. And also, Happy birthday to you." The frail looking Lady smiled kindly at Eleanor.

"Thank you, Lady Henada." Rael smiled politely at her, but anyone could see that the smile was not the same free one Eleanor gave to Captain Morgan or Robert, it was a cold, but polite one.

Just like Eleanor.

Maybe that was the moment that the people around her realized that, Eleanor, was only free to people she liked, or else it was gone case for everyone else.

"Happy birthday to you, princess, I am Pope Sam, pleasure to make your acquaintance." A middled aged man, bowed.

He's got the same handsome looks as the Emperor.

Rael thought for a moment, before playing the same reply as for the Pope.

" Eleanor, you've got a bundle of gifts, I've ordered Don to take all of them to the west palace, that's fine right?" The Emperor spoke for the first time in a while.

Other than all the people who were used to it, the fours boys, including Lady Henada and the Pope had their jaws dropped. The Emperor was asking for the Princess's permission, that was clearly shocking. Like, how can anyone even imagine the cold stubborn Emperor to ask for permission to someone?

Different sets of thoughts started entering other's mind, but everyone had one single thing in common

.......the power that the Princess Eleanor holded in the Palace. It was something to be beware of. Literally.

Everyone in the banquet were peeking at the group of people that had surrounded Princess Eleanor and trying to evesdrop at the conversation. Angelina, who was alone on the corner, was feeling so embarrassed and jealous of Eleanor that she couldn't describe it. Finally losing her mind, Angelina started her way to the group of people, eager to get attention and love from the people with her cuteness.

" Hello, sister! Happy birthday to you. I'm so happy for you." Angelina gushed cheerfully as soon as she reaches them.

Now everyone will notice me.

Acting cutely, she tried to hug Eleanor, but was suddenly blocked by something.

"Hey, you know that Eleanor doesn't like to be touched, what are you doing?" Monte had caught both of Angelina's hands, a frowned look on his face. Insulted, Angelina tried to make out something of the situation.

"....but today is sister's birthday and I really, really want to show how much I love her." Angelina tried to act hurt, softening the people around her with her innocent look. Monte's hand loosened a bit and a evil smirk emerged inwardly inside Angelina.

"Princess Angelina, please don't make a scene here. If you wanted to wish Eleanor that much, you should have approached her way then, right now please keep intact your dignity for the sake of the Empire. People are watching us." The Emperor said, clearly seeing through her act. And on top of that, many nasty nobles were present out here. One mistake, and they could be out.

"Your highness...." A speechless Angelina stared at the Emperor, her face turning red with embarrassment. The awkward stares she was getting then felt like daggers to her, she had made a complete fool out of herself. No one was saying anything, and the silence became more intense with every second in the group. Angelina was getting more and more embarrassed in the situation, because a insult from the Emperor was no small deal, that too, insulting his own daughter.

And then suddenly the most unbelievable thing happened next. Eleanor quietly walked forward and stopped right in front of Angelina, looking at her red face that was starting to fill up with tears, and yo! She hugged her.

Yeah, hugged Angelina. The cold aloof girl who hates physical contact, hugged someone, and that person was non other than Angelina, who should have been like, her sworn enemy of sort.

"Thank you......" Eleanor said, loud enough for everyone else to hear," ......Sister Angelina."

The banquet was boomed.