Chapter 8

The next day another unexpected guest visited the west palace. The Emperor. He knew that his son went to visit his sister, but couldn't understand what did she do that made him cry out the whole night.

Already killed her own mother, now is bullying her own brother?

The Emperor gritted his teeth in disgust. He had never visited the princess but he did hear rumors about her beauty.

He entered the palace door and ordered the first maid he saw to summon the princess here. The maid hurried off totally shocked that the Emperor came to visit his daughter himself.

***********

The freshly brewed milk tea's smell filled the quiet, awkward living room. The Emperor sipped his tea while Rael just thinks about the conversation she had with Ruda the day before.

"Rael, what would do, if I give you some past memories of this body?"

Rael simply shrugged, like I don't care. Ruda misinterpreting her signal just smiles and vanishes off, leaving Rael dumbfounded after him. That night, she dreams about the actual memories of the previous owner, feeling sad and angry at the people who abandoned her. Rael's heart aches as she watches the Emperor sentencing her to be beheaded, his eyes cold and emotionless.

"Did my son came to visit you last night?" The Emperor brings her back to reality. His face holds no expression or interest for her.

" Yes, he did trespass this place." Rael takes a sip of her own tea, her tone emotionless.

The Emperor's eyes widened for a second probably surprised by her reply.

" You should remember it's me who gave you this palace on the first place so, my son has all the rights to enter whenever or wherever he wants to." The emperor shot back at her. But to his surprise, Rael's doll like expressionless face didn't budge at all.

" Oh, how in the world can I ever forget that." The note of hidden meaning behind her words were hard to miss. The Emperor's eyes twitched in irritatedness as he interpreted the meaning.

She means I'm the one making her live such a devastating life.

The Emperor looked at his daughter and thought how she resembles the previous queen. Let's talk to her properly for the Queen's sake.

" How could you talk to your brother and me like that?" He glared at his daughter hauntingly. Rael didn't even flinch.

" I have never considered you my family just like you never did." Rael looked at the Emperor in his eye, pure resentment in her face.

The Emperor furious took out his sword , ready to cut her in two. He pointed the tip of the sword against Rael's neck, making it bleed a little. Expecting his daughter to quiver in fear, it pleased his mind. But Rael surprised him once again.

She just closes her eye, all calm and clear. His eyes widened for a second then he snickers at her," what? I'll consider sparing your life if you beg me."    

Rael just looks at him in disgust, thinking, what kind of father is like this?
" I'd rather die then have a father like you."

The disgust look that the Emperor witnessed made him hesitate and unknowingly hurt as he wonders why does she hate him so much? When he came here, he expected to see a love seeking daughter but why did she hate him for much instead?

The Emperor puts down the sword and says coldly," then that's your punishment, to live as my daughter for the rest of your life."

Rael let's out a laugh sarcastically and mutters," Coward." The Emperor embarrassed and raged just walks out of the room and off the palace.

Because what she said is true.

Don, enters the rooms and worriedly asks," What happened? Did you misbehave princess?" looking after the direction where the Emperor went off to.
To which, Rael just smiles at Don making his nose bleed.