chapter 14

"Then why?"

Martin just stares at the cold aloof person in front of him, unable to believe that it was the same person who smiled at him so warmly the other day.

And suddenly he got an idea.

"............maybe, maybe, because I really like you," Martin's eyes shot up to look straight at the princess's face," not your title, not your power, but genuinely you, your highness."

He knew the shot was a long way to go and he was gambling for his life by casually speaking to a royal, but, at that certain moment, it seemed to him that it was the only way, or option left, to get closer to the Princess.

"............."

Fuck. I messed up.

"Pfft. Hahahahhahaha hahahaha" the musical laughter of the princess escaped throughout the room, also reaching the ears of the Count and Don, who were arguing in the opposite room of the princess about some worrisome matters.

Both dashed off as soon as they heard it, both alert. Meanwhile, Martin just stared at Rael, jaw dropped, mesmerized by her voice and face.

Rael's face for the first time looked like a normal six year old, although it only added more charm to her personality. Marin tried to shake her image out of his mind, blinking her eyes and lowering his head.

Then suddenly, he felt a soft hand on his head, and his face snapped up.

"You're cute." The princess patted his head and smiled warmly for the second time to him, making him blush.

The two elders bursted into the room, only to see the princess patting Martin's head. They stopped dead on their tracks and tried to examine the situation.

Is the princess secretly signalling to me that I should keep my son out of her way, or else she will turn him into a pet and make him her personal animal??!!!!!

Lord forbid, I've never seen princess smile so much at any other person. Did she.......... No, no, this can't happen! Did Princess fell in love with Martin!!?!!?!!?!!

Both of them, horrified thought of different situations, trying to come up with a new theory, but whatever those thoughts were, they couldn't cloud up their first guess about them being a pet and a love sick girl. The horror of those thoughts creeped them out.

"Don, meet my new friend, Mr, Martin Mally." The princess brought Don out of her own world and the sense of relief coming out of the room was pretty noticable. The Count and his son just stared at the princess for a few seconds before exhaling a sigh of relief. The princess just questionably looks around the room, having no clue what the hell is going on.

"I'm glad for you, Your highness." Don tried to distract Rael, before she asks what was the fuss about. But Rael being Rael, already knew something was going on and they were not telling her what.

It's okay. I'll be silent today, as I'm in a very good mood.

Her eyes travel to look at her new friend, Martin, and starts to list all the reasons why she should befriend him.

Good looking.
Not part of the original novel.
Not greedy.
Not hungry for my status as a princess.
And, being as hilarious that he is.

Turning back to look at Don, she says," Don, please escort these gentlemen out now. Have a good day, Count. And you too, Mr, Martin."

Flashing a business smile, she watches the two them being escorted out and of her sight.

"Don, I'll be resting now, please make sure to take those papers before you go out, though. Give them to Madam Gena and tell her to make these dresses as soon as possible."

The red headed queen wearing a simple yellow pitched dress commanded Don before snoozing of to her dreams.

****************

"Hey, Rael."

"Ruda?" Rael's eyes snapped open and once again she was out there, in the mystically beautiful office of Ruda.

"Hm. I just wanted to meet you."

"........."

"What?"

"You know, I'm really in no mood of fooling around with a God. And on top of that, I'm really tired, so please can we end our pleasantries here and you can flirt around with some other girls? I need to sleep." Rael yawned and tried to fall back asleep and eventually she did, leaving Ruda shocked after her.

Leave behind dump, Ruda had never been ignored by a girl before, but this fellow human who was right in front of him lashed out and went to fall back asleep.

Like isn't there a thing called manners?