Chapter 4

It's been almost three years since then.
" My Lady, it's time to take a bath. I have a new soap just for you! In the market when I saw it, I knew this soap was like, literally meant for you!!!!" Rael's he - maid, Don, exclaimed happily. Yeah, it's a he. Not she. Rael looked at her maid and snorted with laughter under her breathe.

The past three years were the most peaceful and luxurious years of her life. When Rael woke up in this world, the first thing she saw was, a beautiful lady holding her lovingly. And when she was about to fall asleep due to exhaustion, the woman suddenly hugged Rael against her bosom, almost desperately, whispered," Eleanor, my daughter."

The sadness and sorrow that the whisper holded was immeasurable. At first Rael didn't understand why the woman was so sad, but when the soft beating inside the woman's chest that she heard when laying against her bosom stopped, she realized, that the woman, probably her mother, had died.

" Due to extreme blood loss." She later heard the Doctor declare.

Oh, right after birth I'm motherless again. Just what a luck.

And like that wasn't enough, the Emperor, her Father, abandoned her too. Saying she's the one who killed his beloved, he let her reside in the west palace, the most old and ignored building among the whole palace, saying that's her punishment and she should repent on it for the rest of her life. Thinking all this, Rael snickered, mockingly blaming her life and cursing out at Ruda.

She often thought of Ruda. Not like in a romantic way, but more like a murdererious one. She actually prepared a list of ways to kill him and literally, thought about the scenes too. And of course, up in the heaven, God and Ruda quietly looked after Rael, also, unfortunately, reading her mind and thoughts.

**********

After the bath, Rael swiftly changed into some new clothes she ordered recently. Truthfully, even though the Emperor lacked any emotion for her, he always made sure to treat her like a real princess. Like, sending money, proper etiquettes teachers and experienced maids.

In these three years, leave behind his father, she had not even seen his shadow till now. Not like she cared about it though. She was peacefully better without him, was her opinion.

And on top of that, he will meet the main lead soon too. Angelina.

Rael thought about it for a moment, before dismissing it to replace to a rather important one. Yeah, she had come to know that she was reborn as the Villainess of a novel in the age of two. She might not have, if her name didn't trigger any strings. But fortunately, it did.

So, the story of the novel is about a secret child of the emperor, that is later discovered. The child is actually the result of a small fling between a maid and him. As you might have already gussed, the bastard is a girl and also the main lead of the novel, Angelina. She is a beautiful and cheerful lady who catches the heart of the emperor himself, along with the other love interests. Besides that, the main lead is the Duke of the Empire, Noah Sibestian. He's the most handsome and sought after guy in the empire. Anyways, the million dollar question is, where and what is Eleanor's part in the novel? She  isn't actually bad. It's just that she is a person who is desperately thirsty for love. And even when, Angelina receives it, she never treats her badly but rather helps her a lot. But in the end she gets killed because of a false accusation of trying to murder Angelina and has the most cruel faith as ever.

Rael sighs inwardly at the thought but nothing shows on her face. Don, who was looking at her wondered again for the hundred time.

How come she's the exact splitting image of her mother?

Don, was actually a son of a count but was greatly abused and neglected out there for his "flaws". If it hadn't been for the former empress, he would be stuck out there for the rest of his days. It was none other than the empress who didn't judge him for being like a girl and rather encouraged him deeply. He smiled at the fond memory.

I wish I could repay the empress's  kindness by helping her own daughter.

He thought sincerely, determined to make Eleanor's life as good as possible. But even he knew there was a limit to how much he could do for the little princess. Which obviously saddened him greatly whenever he thought about it.

Eleanor was a special child according to him. Since she was born till the point where everyone abandoned her, she was never shaken. Eleanor just at the age of three was so mature that sometimes he prayed if she would act more childish. She was excellent in every possible way and it inspired Don immensly. She had already mastered at basic etiquettes within three months and was secretly practising swordsmanship too. At which, she really had a talent. Also her strange kinship with animals were fascinating to watch too. Because, it was the only time her poker like face would be filled with warmth and love. Don, really loved Eleanor but her cold and expressionless face were quite troublesome to him. She never really showed her real emotions and looked like a perfectly sculptured doll. She was too guarded for her own sake. But yeah, he had to admit, it was always a pleasure to watch her because of the way she carried herself was so delicate and beautiful that you'd feel like your watching a goddess. And that poker face added more credit to it. The maids that resided here always fought to decide who would be serving Eleanor for the day and literally called her saintess behind her back.

" I'd like to go out in the garden." Rael brought Don back in time, leaving him smiling at her again.

Oh, I forgot another thing, her fashion choices are quite remarkable.

He thought, admiring the classy dress she was wearing today. Princess is sure a unique person.