chapter 15

Rael opened her eyes, and it's morning again. As if instinctively, she felt someone's presence, her body turned around to look at her left side.

There sitting, was Noah Sibestian, with crossed legs and folded arms, sitting like he owned the place.

"How..." Rael went speechless to the unexpected visit.

"Hey you, don't you dare speak a word now. I'm here so that I can give you a clear warning - don't you ever get in my way again or else I'll make you regret it for the rest of your life."

Rael simply frowned, wondering how can a eight year old be so threatening. It seemed to her that the kids in this world were way too mature for their own age.

And just then, someone knocked at her door. Rael turned around and saw Don walking in. Her eyes took a peek at where Noah was sitting but to her surprise no one was out there.

What? Where did he go?

"My lady, I have some bad news."

Don looked at Rael pitifully. Her attention coming back to Don she asked,"what I'd it?" Although she clearly knew what was it.

"The Emperor..... yesterday he discovered that he had another daughter."

Don expects at least some emotion at her face, but all she does is nod like a lifeless doll and noting more.

Rael can't say that she was upset. She didn't really feel any emotion other than a big fat relief. Getting down of her bed, she started to make her way to freshen up when Don speaks again.

".....and he also said he'd like you to have breakfast with him now." Which makes Rael stop dead on her tracks for a moment before resuming her way to the washroom.

"Of course." Is the only thing she said before disappearing from Don's sight.

***************

The breakfast seemed to be dreading. No one was talking and all were patiently waiting for Princess Eleanor to come.

"Emperor, is calling sister really necessary?" The cute dark haired girl, tilted her innocently and asked.

The maids who were by the door flinched up and wondered why was the second princess asking for her own death.

" Of course it is." Monte replied, annoyed at this stranger who he met just yesterday. He was quite shocked when he was told that she is his step sister and worried how Eleanor would take this.

Moreover, his father too, seemed to be worried about the same thing. Though he looked cold and expressionless, his eyes always give away to Monte. And at that moment it seemed to him that his father was worried about the same thing as him.

Just then, the door opened and revealed a beautiful damsel, wearing a light blue dress with petals of flowers hanging on the outskirts of the gown, glittering the whole area. Princess Eleanor stepped in and greeted the royals before turning to look at Angelina.

Angelina flinched up as soon as the princess's eyes turned to look at her. It was hard to guess what she was thinking as her face gave nothing away. But even after that, she awkwardly felt a bit embarrassed of herself. Standing before her was a literal goddess, and she felt so small and insignificant that it embarrassed her. Even after knowing that Eleanor was not judging her, it only made her more embarrassed.

"Good morning to you, Princess Angelina."

Rael spoke to her for the first time. Her toneless voice almost echoed through the silent room. Everyone was on their nerves, how the first visit of the two sisters were going to be. But it seemed to them that their was nothing to worry about. Eleanor was the same as ever.

"Eleanor, do you not mind if we take Angelina into our family?" Monte asked das the Emperor signalled the rest of the maids to go outside, except Don.

Sitting down on the chair and taking a sip of her tea, she said," of course not, why should I? It's your family issue, Prince, so I have no right to comment on any thing."

Angelina's eyes widened in shock as the Emperor and Monte look at Eleanor in hurt and anger. And this time, Don too was quite hurt by Eleanor's reply to the royals.

"How can you say this?" The Emperor banged his hand in n the table, almost making it break into two.

"Your highness, I've told you so many times," Rael's aloof face looks at the Emperor," I have never in my life considered you my family."

She steps down of her chair and starts to make her way to the door before turning back to look at the Emperor," specially since everything you've done to me."

The Emperor just stares after her, not hearing Angelina calling him or anything of that sort.

"Father!!" Monte yells and the Emperor snaps out. He looks at his son and his eyes widen when he sees Monte's eyes filled with tears and a face red from holding it back.

"Let's have our breakfast." And he starts munching his food, face low enough not to let anyone see it.