Chapter 10

Every year Rael celebrated her birthday with Don and the servants that worked in the west palace secretly. Not like she knew it was forbidden though.

Don and the maids really liked the princess and wanted her to be happy at least for once in a year. The constant visits from her family were very stressful to her, they all knew that. And secretly they hated the emperor for that too.  The pure disgust on the princess's face was so clear that the servants wondered how in the world were the Emperor and prince still able to show up their faces after that.

But with time, the Imperial family too started to visit princess on her birthdays and bringing her extravagant gifts, purely intensioning to please her. However, the princess never really paid attention to it though. When the family had enough of her indifferent attitude, they bursted out on her fifth birthday.

" Why in the world do you never except our gifts?!" The emperor yelled at Eleanor.

" Oh my God, Emperor. How in the world can I never except your gifts?"  Eleanor sarcastically replied tonelessly. She was on the verge of bursting off too, with their constant visits.

" You, just look at our gifts like they mean nothing, but the gifts these lowly servants give you, you look at them so lovingly!!" Monte yelled too, eyes filling with tears. These two consecutive birthdays of his sister, he had brought jewels and expensive dresses, hoping she would start to look up at him but no! All she does is just stare at it emotionlessly. Whatever he does, she never seems to be impressed.

Eleanor just quietly touches her forehead, clearly signing to the people around her that the Emperor and Monte are only giving her a headache.

The maids and Don just foully look at the imperial family and worry about the princess. At such a young age, she has to put up with such demands. Although she was a really matured child still there was a limit to how much she could put up with these two. The princess looked so tired and angry at the family that they pitied her condition, but couldn't do anything but stare.

" What now? Are you trying to make us the bad people here?" The Emperor scoffed at Eleanor, still angry at her indifferent attitude. " I have brought so many beautiful jewels, but all you care about is stitched cloths, baked cakes, handmade materials. How in the world are they any better than my expensive gifts???"

" Really, you are so rude to us. We are your family, Eleanor. They are just workers, still why do you treat us so lowly??!?!"  Monte joined in too.

Eleanor tried to count to ten to not let herself burst out at these two people but when the shouting and insults continued to flow around and start to aim at Don and the other servants, she couldn't take it anymore.

" Shut up." She yelled out of her way. The whole room stopped and there was dead silence. The people didn't know where this yell was going to lead to, but one thing was sure, the Emperor and Monte had crossed the line. And they, were dead for.

" You, all these time you both have visited me, do you know how much of a annoyance and headache it had been for me?" Eleanor started to walk towards the her so called family, a look of pure hatred on her face.

" And you know why? Because I hate you both beyond your imagination." A dark aura started to emit out of her. " I never liked you nor did I ever consider you as my family, so how in the world do you expect me to look at your gifts lovingly? Everytime you say the word family to me, it's nothing but the greatest insult I've ever gotten. You thoroughly disgust me till the core and I don't know why in the world do you even visit me everyday? If you think that I'm very happy with that, that's a whole lie.
You interrupt my life.
You bring sadness to me.
You are nothing but a parasite that just sucks people's happiness.
And you, You, are my greatest and most regretful mistake." Eleanor spits out words that hit the Emperor and Monte like daggers in their heart. They had never felt so much insulted and hurt before.

Eleanor quietly glared at them before storming off, leaving the atmosphere feeling like hell.

*****************

" Um.....my lady? Are you alright?" A timid maid knocked on Eleanor's door, on the order of Don.

Don, was nowhere to be seen. He was so angry at the imperial family that he left before even escorting them out of the palace. But before the left, he asked the other maid beside him to check on the princess later.

Even though no one knew where he went, but one thing was known, that Don was really really furious. Especially at the Emperor. His whole demeanor changed with the whole drama, before he stormed off to who knows where.