• Just A Dream? • Reader x Sensei! Garmadon

Start from the beginning

"Okay! See you later, Garmadon!" You shouted as you ran out of the building, hearing a quiet "Sensei" being muttered as you left earshot.

You couldn't bring yourself to tell him the truth for some reason.

You weren't exactly lying by telling him that you were thinking, you just didn't know how to tell him about what you were thinking about.

"Maybe it was just a one time thing..." You thought, slowing down to a halt next to a bench where your classmates were crowding around. "Maybe it was just a weird dream. I mean, I get them all the time! It couldn't have meant anything."

Your train of thoughts shattered as Sensei Wu's voice rang out, "Everybody inside! Time to continue training!" Maybe if you got it off your mind, you wouldn't dream about it again.

~~~~

As the inky, indigo-ish darkness of nightfall covered the grounds of the monastery, you were settling down for bed at the extremely unreasonable time of 9:30. Why? Because you thought that going to bed early would help you prevent dreaming, though that's a ridiculous idea.

You turned out the light and laid back onto the cushiony surface. You closed your eyes...and nothing happened.

Sleep didn't happen, even though that was the intended goal. Then, before you knew it, the dreaded memories of your dream started slipping into your mind.

Soon enough, you decided to turn your light back on and try to distract yourself. You read what few books you had, you paced the room, you tried counting to 100, but nothing was working.

You were exhausted, but couldn't turn your brain off long enough to take a break. Eventually, you sat down on your bed and began to read a magazine until you fell asleep.

~~~~

There he stood.

Over eight feet tall, his shadow loomed over a familiar figure.

"Don't do this, Father! I won't fight you!"

A cold sweat appeared on your brow. It couldn't be. It just couldn't!

A shrill scream was cut short as you witnessed the monster plunge a long sword into the shivering boy's chest, leaving the blade in his stiffened body.

You let out a noise; it almost resembled a sob, a gasp, or maybe even a shriek.

The creature stood up, fully extending his long body, stretching out all four of his arms. His head slowly turned to face you, his red eyes flickering with a grim smile.

Before you knew it, he pulled the sword out of the corpse in front of him and lunged forward.

He pushed the sword ahead of him, directing it to soar into your trembling chest as you released a breathless squeal.

~~~~

You jerked your head up with a shout. A ripping sound came from a part of the magazine you were reading, which was now plastered to your face with sweat.

You spun your head around in each direction, realizing that it was all just the same dream you've had for days.

"This is the last straw," You thought, tearing the page off of your damp cheek. You flopped onto the bed, crushing your head with a pillow. "I'm gonna ask him about it if it kills me!"