• Not Fair • Kid! Lloyd x Lord! Garmadon

• Requested by Zenairale1421

Third Person POV

"The battle lines have been drawn, Brother. Sadly, our family has only become more divided. Brother versus brother, and now, son versus father."

"Son versus father."

This phrase echoed through Lloyd's brain as he stood quietly, head hanging slightly to the ground. This was unfair! He just got his dad back, now he has to consider him as an enemy?!

He brought his head up to see the ninja staring at him with remorseful expressions. The only person missing from the room was.....his dad..?

"Where's Dad?" He gasped, beginning to break away from his uncle's side.

He dashed down the stairs and around the corners of the walls.

"Please, Dad, please don't be gone," Lloyd whispered to himself, wiping his dripping eyes with his sleeve. "Not yet, please!"

He opened the door to the ninja's sleeping quarters to see his dad, packing a bag.

Lloyd immediately burst into tears, running up to his side, clutching onto his body as tight as he could.

"Please, Dad! Please don't go!" He sobbed into his chest. "I promise I'll be good, I won't try to fight you, just please don't leave me!"

Garmadon let out a hushed sigh, picking Lloyd up into an embrace.

"Lloyd, I don't want to leave any more than you want me to, but I have to. Destiny chose-."

Lloyd pulled away from him, tears still running down his reddened cheeks. "Who cares about destiny?!" He cried, slamming his tiny fists against Garmadon's chest. "It's not fair!"

"I know it's not, and I know that you don't understand it, but your uncle will take good care of you while I'm....gone."

"But...but I can't lose you again! I don't want to be left with my uncle! I wish...I just wish I wasn't the green ninja!"

A silence fell between them, save for Lloyd sniveling.

Garmadon had no idea on how to console him. He, himself, was quite upset about the turn of events, but it was out of his hands.

Finally, he decided to put Lloyd on the edge of one of the beds, holding his hands in two of his own. Garmadon knelt down to be at eye level with him. Lloyd hung his head, his blond bangs acting as a visor atop his head.

"Lloyd. Look at me, please," Garmadon said softly, bringing his free hands up to cup his tear-stained cheeks. Lloyd's eyes slowly made contact with his dad's.

"Lloyd, I know you're scared," He began. "I am, too. But I promise that everything will be okay. In the end, we'll be together again."

Lloyd pulled his hands out of his father's, and wiped his eyes with them. "Really?" He asked as he sucked back snot.

"Would I lie to you?"

Lloyd tilted his head to the side, making Garmadon cringe. He brought his head back to its original position, letting out a giggle.

Garmadon smiled. To see his precious son laughing after being so upset meant the world to him.

He pulled himself closer to Lloyd, pressing his forehead against his.

"Just promise me one thing," He whispered. "Be a good boy while I'm gone?"

Lloyd took in a sharp breath before answering, "As long as you will come back."

Garmadon pulled away, looking into the glossy eyes of Lloyd.

"Deal."

Word Count: 550 Words.

(Hello again, guys! This one was kinda short because I ran out of inspiration at the end, but short is a good change from the super duper long ones.

Thanks to Zenairale1421 for the chapter request! I hope that this didn't seem more like angst than fluff. Got kinda swept up in how sad of a situation that truly was.

So, yeah, I'm trying to whip through these so I can open requests again without being 100% bogged down! 😂

Thank you all for reading! Stay safe!)