• Bonding • Sensei! Wu x Sensei! Garmadon

• Requested by @Dusk2clipse •

(fear not, it's not sweet home alabama)

Third Person POV

"You're doing it wrong again."

"Shut up."

Garmadon smirked. It wasn't every day that Wu would get worked up enough to say that. And over a video game, no less.

Lloyd decided that they needed to take time for themselves to enjoy things for once. They both thought it was a ridiculous idea, but when Lloyd broke out a timer and ordered them to do something, they had no choice in the matter. Now here they were, playing a video game and failing miserably. At least, Wu was.

"You're going the wrong way, just let it turn you around," Garmadon snickered, watching as Wu's character in the racing game continued going the wrong way.

"How are you even staying on the track? And...-. Who keeps throwing things at me?!"

Garmadon laughed at Wu's unusual behavior. The last time he had heard him this angry was when they were children.

"Oh, my-...wha-..! This game is rigged!" Wu shouted, putting his controller down.

"Well, Brother, we still have....an hour of 'bonding' to muddle through," Garmadon glanced over at the timer. "What do you suggest?"

Wu put a finger up to his chin, thinking deeply as Garmadon turned off the video game.

"I have an idea..."

~~~~

"Fishing? I...I don't remember the last time we did that."

Wu handed a fishing rod to his brother, smiling, "That's why it's much better than that headache of a game we were playing earlier. Come, I know a good place to do this."

Garmadon followed with a hesitant smile. Once Wu stopped, setting down the tackle box he was holding, Garmadon looked around, taking in his surroundings. The bright green from the newly formed leaves was almost blinding, as was it a beautiful sight.

Wu noticed he was staring off into the distance, so he cleared his throat, saying, "You do remember how to bait the hook as Father taught us, don't you?"

Garmadon nodded, sitting down on the grassy bank beside him.

As soon as the two had cast their lines into the pond, it seemed as if the fish had all migrated elsewhere.

"Okay, we have been sitting here for ten minutes and nothing has happened. Maybe we should do something else?" Garmadon hummed, leaning his face against his hand.

"Have faith."

"That's what Father said, and even back then, it didn't work."

"It worked for me. Maybe you should just have..."

Don't say it. Don't you dare say it.

"Patience."

Garmadon scoffed at the way Wu keenly smiled. He knew this was more than aggravating. Before Wu could impart more of his wisdom, Wu's line was being dragged further into the pond. Wu stood up to better his attempt at reeling it in.

"See? This is the result of having faith," Wu remarked.

Garmadon slightly rolled his eyes at the cheesy comment. Suddenly, the tugs on the line became stronger, jerking Wu forward into the edge of the water.

"Wu!" Garmadon exclaimed, reaching out to grab his hand. As Wu took hold of it, he yanked Garmadon into the water.

Garmadon glared at Wu for a second before shouting, "Why'd you do that?!"

"You needed to cool off. Albeit, this water is much too warm to cool off in. Perhaps you'd be better off taking a shower."

Garmadon growled under his breath. He simply couldn't wait for this hour to be over.

Wu continued to hold onto his fishing rod as the line was nearly invisible under the mirky water. The tugs were strong and growing stronger with each second. As Wu was about to spout off something about faith again, he was jerked down.

Garmadon grabbed onto his chest, pulling him up. He saw this as a chance to poke fun at him.

"I thought you were all about having balance. What was that all about?"

Before Wu could throw in his two cents, a massive fish jumped out of the water, soaring through the air over their heads.

"That..." Wu panted. "That fish was bigger than either of us!"

".....Well, are we going to catch it, or are we going to sit here in this disgusting water all day?"

Though the hour of bonding was over by the timer's ringing, they were far from done.

Word Count: 694 Words.

(Hello, everyone! Here's your weekly stuff! I should be able to post another one later today, but it has a possibility of being a tad late, like always!

I got my first dose of COVID vaccinations! It hurt a little bit, but I'm happy that I'm finally getting the chance to take it.

I'm going to be halting new requests from here because I've gotten a bunch on my hands. Next month at this time (I think), I'm going to be attempting to get my driver's license, so I need to focus on studying for that. Because of this, there may be weeks where I go without uploading due to this. I'm still going to be uploading stuff, but I need to whittle down all of the older ones before I take on any more.

Thanks for reading! And thanks to @Dusk3clipse for the request! I hope it's what you were looking for! If there are any typos/dumb stuff in the chapter, let me know so I can fix it!

I hope to see you all later today! Stay safe!

- your sleepy author, Abbey :] )