• Patched Up • Season 10! Lord! Garmadon x Season 10! Kai

• Requested by sjjduhduhd

Third Person POV

A stifled cry of pain left Kai's mouth as he rubbed one of his wounds with peroxide.

The Oni really left their mark upon the ninja with bruises and bloody cuts.

Kai waited until he knew that everyone was gone to try to fix his damages. He never liked showing weakness to the others. But he wasn't relying on someone sticking behind to witness it.

The stinging sensation of the medicine made Kai cringe as he pressed the soaked cotton ball onto a large cut on his arm.

"Need some help there?"

Kai snapped his head up to see the four-armed figure staring down at him. He yelped and flinched back against the wall.

"What.....what are you doing here?! I-I thought you left!"

Garmadon sighed and sat down beside him. Kai instantly started to slide away from him, almost tripping over himself. Before he could slip away, Garmadon caught his injured arm.

"Stop thrashing, you'll only hurt yourself more," Garmadon ordered as he examined the cut. Kai winced as he accidentally put too much pressure on it.

"Stop it! That hurts!" Kai yelled, trying to rip his arm out of Garmadon's strong grip.

"It wouldn't hurt so much of you'd calm down and stay still. You'll open the wound more and it'll bleed more. You don't want that to happen. Or do you?"

Kai glared up at him, bullets of sweat dripping down his forehead. Garmadon reached over to the small pile of bandages, picking up a roll of gauze.

"For one thing, you've rubbed it too much," Garmadon pointed out through the bandage wrapped gritted in his teeth. "A little goes a long way, you should know." He began to wrap the gauze around his arm, feeling him draw back every now and then.

He finally finished wrapping his arm. His gaze levelled on his face, now tinted with pink. Garmadon smirked as he said, "You know, you could have just said that you liked this."

"What?! Don't be stupid, I don't!" Kai squeaked as he pulled his arm back to his side.

"Well, you certainly are excited about something."

"Shut up."

Garmadon chuckled as he extended his arm to wipe blood off of his forehead. Kai caught his hand and weakly pushed it back.

"I don't need your help. Just stop."

"But you want it, don't you?"

Kai felt his cheeks heat up again and he turned his head.

"What are you looking at? I'm right here, Kai," Garmadon teased as he patted his shoulder.

Kai inhaled through his nose and turned to face him.

"Well, if you're going to help me, then help me. And stop being weird."

"Fine."

As Garmadon continued to patch him up, Kai found it harder and harder to sit still and focus on one thing. Although Garmadon's hands were rough, they glided carefully against his skin. With each touch, he felt more relaxed with him. It was like his hatred for him began to melt out of him.

He decided to break the silence by asking a question that lingered on his mind.

"Why did you come back?" Kai asked as he looked up at him. It took a few seconds for him to respond, but soon enough, he delivered.

"I heard you. I didn't know if it was screaming or crying. But it was you."

Kai's heart stopped and he felt his breathing get heavier.

He was worried about me?

"You were worried about me?" Kai echoed his thoughts.

Garmadon nodded as he pressed a gauze pad onto his forehead, taping it down.

"There. You're welcome," Garmadon smiled as he ruffled his hair.

Kai choked out a laugh and pushed his hand away. Garmadon clasped his hand in his bigger one.

Kai pushed himself off the counter to stand up, just to feel his legs collapse under him. Luckily, Garmadon caught his fall.

Dang it. My feet are asleep. Kai thought.

"You need me to carry you?" Garmadon snickered.

"No, no, I'm fine." Kai tried to walk without him being a crutch, but ended up falling.

"One more time; do you need me to carry you?"

"Ugh. Fine," Kai grumbled as he pushed himself to try and get up.

He felt a pair of strong arms lift him off the floor, now beginning to carry him down the dark halls of the monastery.

Kai felt two of Garmadon's hands travel up to his cheek, lightly touching it, the other hand stroking his forehead. He felt frozen in place as the hands continued petting his face.

Soon enough, they reached Kai's room and Garmadon laid him down on the bed.

"Thanks...for, you know,..." Kai's voice trailed off.

"You're welcome," Garmadon chuckled as he got up to leave.

"Wait!"

Garmadon stopped and turned to face him.

"What is it?"

"...uh...could you stay here? Like, with me?" Kai shut his eyes tightly as the final words escaped his lips.

Silence fell upon the room like hail during a thunderstorm.

Finally, Garmadon strolled to his bedside and knelt down in front of him. He placed two of his hands on each side of his face, leaned forward, and pressed his lips against Kai's.

Kai's eyes flew open and he jolted. Garmadon felt him move away and wrapped his other two arms around his waist, tugging him closer.

He pulled away and smirked. "I'd be glad to." 

Kai laughed nervously as Garmadon picked him up to settle down on the bed.

It took a bit to get comfortable on the one person bed, but the position they settled with ended with Garmadon laying flat on his back with Kai laying on his stomach, resting his head on his shoulder. Garmadon had wrapped all four of his arms around his skinny figure, stroking his back.

"Good night, Kai," Garmadon whispered with a smile.

"Good night, Garmadon. Thanks for everything," Kai mumbled as he drifted off to sleep.

Word Count: 991 Words. (Thanks for requesting! Sorry if it sounded more fluffy than romantic, but it would seem romantic to me.)