Part 35: Dream Job

When Saturday finally ruled around I was ecstatic! After a few dates with Fiona (Hopefully all keeps going well! Fingers Crossed!), hanging out with Candy and Eddie, and getting accepted for my dream job - I was having a wonderful week. Getting welcomed back to Golden Fleece was exciting, and I thought a lot about what was about to happen as a sat waiting in their lobby.

As I examined the pictures on the wall I realized that most of the stars on the walls were relatively low on the popularity level, but I found my favorite guitarist and singer, Poseidon Richardson, in one of their frames. Poseidon Richardson was the guitarist that Alex admired when he first created White Poseidon with Danny. Poseidon wasn't well known to the point where he had millions of fans, but he was popular enough that I had heard of him. He was known for playing difficult riffs on the guitar, and (in my opinion) he could out-play any millionaire guitarist out there. He also played his songs on his own; often using a past recording to keep rhythm in his songs. Knowing that I wanted to be the next Golden Fleece star out there, I hoped I could get my picture here someday.

As I admired his painting someone got my attention from behind.

"Mark?" the voice said as I turned around.

I turned to find that the person who spoke was the same person who tried to scout me a few years ago.

"Hey... I know you, but I don't remember your name. Sorry," I started awkwardly.

"Terrance," he reminded me as he stuck out his hand. "Nice of you to finally join us!"

"Where do you work here?"

"Well... I'm you're new personal manager!" he said raising his voice from neutral to excited.

"Oh, so you're here for my introduction today."

"Yeah, my last client quit because he just wasn't interested in the music he was using anymore. Now I have you!"

"Uhhh... Yeah."

In my awkward - I don't know what to say - moment, Chris decided to walk into the lobby to give me my tour. (Great timing!)

"Hello Mark! Are you ready for your not so grand, boring tour?" Chris asked with a smirk on his face.

"You make it sound like this isn't going to be fun," I complained.

He laughed, and I could tell he had gotten the response he wanted from me.

"Come on. Let's go meet the rest of the people that work here and will be helping you in your career."

Today Chris decided to dawn gray slacks and a red plaid shirt. I wondered if it was because he finally had a person to represent now. I was thinking this as we passed by more portraits of singers and musicians on their light yellow walls.

After making a left a doing a brief introduction to their business division (their accountants, publishers, advertisers, and artists) Chris led me towards the corner of the room to a desk where a younger adult worked over a computer.

"Hey Alex," Chris interrupted making the young adult jump a little as he lost focus. "Take a break for a minute please. This is Mark."

"I know. I was the one who suggested him. We're also friends."

"Oh. Then I should've skipped that introduction. Anyways he's your business manager. Carry on Alex."

He began to lead me back toward the hallway.

"Have fun, Alex," I teased as I did a quick wave goodbye.

He grinned at me before returning back to his work. I looked at the directional signs on the wall, and I saw that Chris was taking me to the recording studio. This is the room I was the most excited about. Honestly when I thought about it, I felt like a little kid getting to see a fire truck.

Everything is just as you would/could imagine a recording room would look like. Blue walls, glass divider, soundboard, and an empty room with just a microphone and outlets.

"This is where I hope you spend most of your time!" Chris joked. "The more quality time we spend here the more money we'll eventually make."

"I just hope I don't make a fool of myself," I said doubting I would spend half the time others would in here.

"Well, I hope you don't because we wanted to get your first song finished by the end of the month."

"What!"