Part 19: Come Hang Out

Ugh! Trying to find lessons for guitar online is hard. Of course there is the almost endless supply of guitar tabs, but if you're trying to learn how to play the guitar itself it can be difficult. Guitar tabs are usually comprised of five of less chords, and are usually easy to learn within a day or an hour.

There are a lot of online classes or lessons that teach you through repetition or instruct you how to teach yourself; however these lessons generally cost a bit of money. With my current situation it would be cheaper to get lessons from Jason at the guitar shop, but even that wasn't the greatest option. It would also be nice if I could get more advanced singing lessons. I thought about asking Mrs. Jackson and joining the choir, but I already passed the age requirement. She did say I could come to the practices if I wanted help. Still, I wanted to have a more convenient method. I wanted to gain more experience and skill before accepting someone like Terrance's offer.

"Maybe I should have accepted his offer for the experience," I thought to myself.

While I could have gained experience, I would have had to shorten my work hours that already barely brought in enough money for the house. Anything extra went to my mom for the school months. If I shortened my hours before school started we would lose the house.

I gave up on searching for lessons. Eddie and Candy invited me to hang out and get some pizza at Fox's. Eddie had insisted that we hang out, since I was always working. I had the day off, because Mr. Jay was worried that working me too much would be bad for my health. He insisted that I take a well deserved break.

It didn't take long to get to Fox's although it was on the other side of town. It was actually really close to Marie's Flower Shop. Just as I was passing by the shop Jason walked out.

"Hey, Mark! How's lessons going?" he yelled from across the street.

"They were pretty good, but Fiona's in college now," I yelled back.

"Hold up!" He looked both ways and then crossed the street. "She's in college now? Wow, she grew up fast, though she's only been coming to my shop for two years."

"Wait, did you teach her?"

"No, I just let her use the back room at times. She got a guitar from me at one time and I offered to teach her, but she refused. I'm not sure where she learned or if she taught herself."

"I've been looking for free lessons online to try and replace her. I just can't seem to find any. Do you know of any?" I asked.

"No, I don't. You might be able to find a list of skills you should learn and then search for videos explaining them. Tell ya what; I'll give you free lessons for a while. I don't really have that many people to give lessons to anyways," he offered.

"Are you sure? I mean, I can't really repay you."

"Yeah, it's not a big deal. I'll be at the shop anyway. I can only give you lessons during the summer though."

"Thanks, Jason. I'll probably be stopping by sometime this week."

"I'll be there during my normal hours!" he said he continued walking to his vehicle.

"See ya!"

I continued walking to Fox's and I noticed I was gonna be late again. Opening the glass door I looked for my two friends, and found them at the table farthest from the door. Candy saw me and waved. I walked over and joined them.

"Took you long enough!" Eddie exclaimed.

"I know, I know. I saw Jason on my way here," I apologized.

"It took you so long to get here I began to think Eddie's jokes were funny!" Candy cried jokingly.

"Ah come on. They're not that bad," Eddie insisted.

"Eddie, hate to tell you but, your jokes are pretty bad," I smiled.

"Anyways, we figured now would be a good time to tell you..." Eddie began until I interrupted.

"What have you guys been up to?" I joked.

Candy laughed then continued Eddie's sentence,"Eddie and I started dating recently!"

"What!" I exclaimed, although I was aware that something was up. "Didn't Mike just break up with you?"

"No, I broke up with him," she insisted.

I was so confused, but it was not like it matter. It was weird that two of my friends were dating.

"Congratulations! I guess," I congratulated. "Wait! Is this what you were talking to Fiona about at the party?"

I had suddenly remembered her smiling face as she and Fiona glanced at Eddie. I remembered how they had quickly changed the subject when I got closer.

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"It's fine. It's not like I needed to know anything. Anyways are you guys ready for one last year of school?" I asked.

The Truth in the StarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara