[ One ]

Chapter One
Joni

As I closed the monotone gray door to my locker, I was looking at what could've been my reflection. My energetic, Asian, best friend was waiting for me.

Elle Behlendorf has been my friend for many years. She's put up with all my bs and I put up with hers. I guess we have a pretty compatible friendship. Where all we would do over the phone is plan our outfits and decide how we should wear our hair and boys. Oh god, boys. Particularly the guys in this one band called IM5. We are obsessed with their music and them.

"Joni! Joni! Joni! Joni!" She bounced up and down. She resembles a lot like a cute bunny now that I think about it... "Guess what. Guess what. Guess what!" Her hair is done tightly in a french braid and her bangs fell gracefully across her face. 'Woah. Elle's really pretty... I'm sure she has guys dying to be with her...' I thought to myself.

"Hey Elle! Why so jumpy, huh?" I matched her level of excitement and energy, "Last time I saw you like this you were on a sugar rush and practically fell down my stairs!" She gave me a look of annoyance and shoved me.

"That...was a very embarrassing moment of my life. YOU PROMISED YOU'D NEVER TALK ABOUT IT AGAIN! I want an apology."

"Ok. I'm sorry you fell down my stairs. Now what's up?"

"Ugh. Whatever. But I scored some IM5 tickets!" I 'woo'ed simultaneously with her and it echoed throughout the halls. She handed me my ticket along with a ripped piece of paper. "That's details for a sleepover at my place. Just you and me girlie." She stood on her tip-toes just to manage getting her arm around my shoulders.

"Oh cool! I can't wait. Did you notice that this'd be the first time I've seen your house in the six years I've known you?" I glanced over the paper invite and the laminated ticket.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. Things went down at my house that you don't need to know about. Well. I'll see ya later, alright?"

"Oh. Al-alright. Bye Elle!" She sped off before I could tell her bye. Now I'm curious to what those "things" were that went down for six years... Maybe I'll find out later tonight.

Elle

"Do you promise that you'll be out of the house by 8:00?" I pestered at Will as he stuffs some shirts into his bag.

"Yeah yeah. I promise. Now shoo." He gave me a tiny shove before zipping up his tiny bookbag.

"Are you serious? Cause you always promise things but you never keep them..." I whined and tugged at his sleeves.

"Why do you want me to leave so badly? Don't you love yo brotha?"

"I will once he starts leaving on time..." He began to put on his shoes. "But Joni is coming over for the first time and she can't see you..."

"Why? Is she blind?" He gave me a smile and I only replied with a push. I started to poke his side and he squirmed. Once he was at his weakest I started to tickle him. "Oh-okay! Okay! I'll-I'll be out. By 8:00." I left him alone to let him catch his breath.

"Yay. Love youu." I kissed his cheek and left his room. Okay. This should be alright. Will leaves at 8:00, and Joni should get here around 8:30. Yeah! It'll be fine.

I glanced at my wall clock, which read 7:52. I pulled out my sketchbook and tried to actually finish a drawing. I've started so many of them... It sucks because when I start to draw, time goes by fast. So when I checked the clock again, it was 8:22...

"WILL!!!" I ran to his room and his bag was still on his bed. I grabbed it and ran down the stairs to find him. And I did. He was in the kitchen going through our fridge. "WILL," I ran to the fridge and slammed the door shut. But Will being more masculine, he was able to stop it before it hit his face. "Will, its 8...:23 now and you promised you'd leave at 8:00. Joni should be here in 7minutes and I swear to doG that if she sees you, you're dealing with it."

"Don't get your panties in a wad. I'll be out in two minutes tops." He closed the fridge when he couldn't find any snacks to eat.

"Nooo! Nooow!" I pulled on his belt loops before he turned around. I threw his bag at him and he caught it. So then I went behind him and pushed him to the door. "Out! Nooow!"

"Fine. Fine. I'm going. Geez." He slung the straps of his pikachu bag over his shoulders and pulled open the door. What stood on the other end was what I feared.

There was a Joni who struggled between her bag, a tinier bag, and some food. She tried to rearrange the order in which she held them. "Hey Elle. I know I didn't have too but I got you a present. And..." For the first time she looked up and saw my brother while I was still behind him. "I'm-I'm sorry. I must've gotten the wrong address or something..."

It was when she said that, that I peeked over my brother's shoulder and shyly greeted her. "Hi Joni..."

A/N:
Alright. I'm just going back and editing, tightening up, and filling, and polishing this story. I'm a little sentimental about this bc this story is mine and @danasprincess' baby xD

It's three yrs old.

But yeah.

xoxo,
masked4