Three*

Chapter Three

Joni

March 27, 2018

I pulled up his number on my phone. The screen was just his contact page. His name. A picture in the bubble. I stared at the phone whilst biting my nail. Multiple times I've thought about pressing the number but the furthest I've gotten was hovering my thumb over it.

"UGH!" I threw my phone on my bed and quickly went to an opposing wall to lean on. "What should I do?" I keep thinking about what Kathlin said. I know there wasn't anyway this could last. It might. I doubt it highly though. But, how will I know if I don't take the chance? "I'mma do it," I walked over to my bed and picked up the phone. I clicked the number and it brought up the calling screen, "I'm doing it." I stood there for a second or two. "No, I can't." I hung up and tossed it on the bed.

"I need ice cream..." When I turned around to exit, my phone rang. On the screen was Dana's face. I picked it up slowly and allowed it to ring a few times before answering it.

"Hello?" My heart was thumping quickly and loudly. I searched my mind for words to say.

"H-hey. Dana?" Duh it's Dana. He put the number in himself idiot.

"The one and only hun. You called but hung up. Is there something you wanted to ask me?" I knew he was talking about the date. A smile was brought to my face and I hopped onto my bed.

"No. I actually butt dialed you. Sorry."

"Oh..." He sounded so disappointed. Awww.

"I'm just kidding. But how bout we go on that date?" Oh god. I did it. I asked out Dana Vaughns. Eeek. I'm so glad I'm laying down for this.

"Sure thang chicken wang."

"Did you just call me a dick? More specifically a chicken dick?"

"No," he answered immediately.

"Yeah. Ok. Whatever. So... where should it be?" I don't know how, but I felt him smile through the phone. Does that make sense? I hope it does cause that's what it felt like.

"Leave that to me. Be ready at 8:00pm on Thursday. See you soon."

"But you don't know where I live..."

"Then text me your address. I swear, you make exiting suavely so difficult." I smiled a dorky smile of mine.

"Ok. Bye Dana."

"Bye." We both hung up and I threw my phone beside me before grabbing a pillow. I brought it to my face and screamed into it. I'M GOING ON A DATE WITH DANA FREAKING VAUGHNS ON FRIDAY!!! I'm that much closer to my death.

Joni

March 29, 2018

"Do you really want to go on this date?" Kathlin asked annoyed. She opened up the tiny sketchbook she now carries around 24/7 and started to doodle.

"Yes. I really really do. Now. Does this look like I'm trying too hard?" I was wearing a close-hugging grey dress. She looked at me and made a circle in the air with her finger, signaling for me to spin.

"Yes. It does. Very cute though." Great. I have to choose a new outfit and I only have 4minutes before I have to go outside. I quickly threw on a well fitted tee and some skinny jeans.

"This?"

"Seriously. Where do you buy your clothes?

"A store."

"You need to take me there. But yes. That looks much better."

"Good. Just in time. C'mon babe. I'm gonna be late." I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the front door. Luckily, Dana was just pulling in. He stepped out of the car dressed more "formal" than usual. A black, button-up, collared shirt and a black skinny jeans.

He greeted me with a warm smile and a hug. "You look amazing."

"I could say the same about you."

"Well...?"

I rolled my eyes. "You look very handsome tonight." He smiled once more.

"Kathlin."

"Dana." I stepped next to him and he held my hand. "Well. You two kids have fun. But not too much fun. You sir," Kate wiped a portion of my lower lip. I must've gotten some lipstick not on my lips. "Better bring her back by 11. I'll be waiting by the door for your return."

"Alright."

"Bye Kathlin. You know where to find the food."

"Sure do. Go have fun babe." She smiled at me and Dana walked me to his car. Like a gentleman, he opened the door for me. Kathlin watched as we both drove away and she waved then retreated back inside my house.

"So where are we going?"

"You'll see. But for now," he dug around his pocket, "put these on." He threw a blindfold on my lap before placing his hands back on the steering wheel.

"A blindfold? Dana Vaughns, you will be the death of me." I laughed and he laughed with me.

"No. I won't kill you. I promise. That'd be like murdering an angel. It'd just make the surprise more interesting. Now put it on."

"Alrighty. If I die. I'm haunting you."

He chuckled, "fine. Just do it." I placed the blindfold over my eyes and rested my hands on my lap. Shortly after, I felt him start to hold one of them. His thumb rubbed against mine.

After what felt like forever in the car, we came to a halt. "Ok! We are here my dear." Me with my blindfold still on, I heard him push aside some stuff in the back and grunt. "Here, hold this." I held out my arms ready to hold whatever he was about to give me. It was heavy as heck and it was all big and rectangular. He opened his car door and I heard it shut.

"Dana?" My car door suddenly opened and he helped me out of the car. "Can I take off m-"

"NO NO! Not yet. Hold the thingy, ok?" I found a handle and I grabbed ahold of it. Suddenly, Dana lifts me off the ground and carries me a for a couple of minutes somewhere. Then he carefully placed me back on my feet, grabbing the object he gave me earlier from my hands. "Now you can take it off." I took off my blindfold and the first to greet me was the sound of crashing waves against the shore.

We were at the beach. Awww. Next I saw the night sky. A full moon with a few stars sprinkled here and there. "It's beautiful..." I was in awe.

"It reminds me of you. So, I thought it would be a perfect place for a first date." He sprawled out a blanket on the cold sand along with some food he possibly have gotten from the store. But there was some lasagna and a tiny pizza and some drinks. He even got these cute little plastic candle stick type things. They were like flashlights in the shape of a candle, basically.

We laughed. We talked. We flirted. Heck yeah. I'm doing pretty good. We were fighting over the last piece of pizza and he fell on top of me. I so happened to get a glance of his watch. "Oh look. It's almost 10:30. We have to start heading back or my Kate will kill you."

"Yeah. She would," he brought his voice to a whisper, "I had an amazing time with you Joni."

"Me too..." His arms supported him as he hovered over me. He tucked some strands of hair behind my ear then transitioned into cupping my cheek. He started to lean towards me. Bit by bit. He was inching closer to my face, to a point where our noses touch. I smiled and let out a tiny chuckle. "I can't do this."

"Why not?"

"Cause. You're you and...you'd be taking my kiss virginity." His gaze never left my lips, and I noticed. I bit my bottom lip cause I desired his lips as much as he wanted mine.

"I'll be your first and I promise I'll be your last." He closed off the space between our two faces and I had my first kiss! With the one and only Dana Vaughns. It was sweet and his lips were so soft and omg.

"Ok. Now we have to go. I pushed him off of me and ran to the car. Sand was kicked up as I ran away and left Dana behind.

"HEY!" I looked back and saw him frantically throw everything into the basket and soon Dana Vaughns was chasing me.

A/N: Woop woop! Frequent updating. Yayyyyyy. Lol. Hoped you enjoyed this cute chaplin. <3

Masked4