Eight*

Chapter Eight

Kathlin

May 26, 2018

I started to play with the tattered end of my bandage. Will said he was just going home for a bit to shower and maybe take a nap. I'm so-grateful-that he found me that night. I was almost...gone four days ago.

"Hey," I turned my head towards the door.

I smiled, "hey."

"You're awake."

"I am." I couldn't stop smiling the entire time Joni was in my room. She sat next to me and held up a teddy bear up to her face and brought it to life with "convincing" voice acting and shaking him side to side.

"Hey Kathlin. I'm Mr. Beary! You look very bootiful today. Joni loves you! Cuddle me!" We both exchange smiles, though I haven't really stopped. She handed me Mr. Beary and he had the cutest green bow tie and the softest brown fur. I hugged him and say him next to me.

"Lame. I know." Joni has been visiting me everyday since I've been in this hospital. She always had something for me. Like, she brought me food a couple of days ago and my sketchbook a yesterday. Now I have Mr. Beary.

"It's not lame. I think it's quite cute. Thank you Joni," I leaned over to give her a hug, "But guess what!"

"Your unicorn gang business is taking off? You promised me I'd get a unicorn..."

"What? Oh, no no. That is still very much in the works still. But they said I could go home today!"

"Yay! Can I take you home?"

"Uh... You wil have to ask the big brother about that."

"Fine..." She pulled out her phone and started texting, then tucked the phone away in her pocket. "Have you ate anything yet?"

"Nerp."

"Well, are you hungry?"

"I have a craving for some hot chocolate and some breakfast... Yes."

"A craving? Maybe you're pregnant. OH MY GOD, KATHLIN. Who's the father? Why you no safer with sex?! But the baby would be hella cute with you as the mom..."

"I'm not pregnant! I'm still a virgin yo."

"I can't say the same about me..." She gave me a smile and bit her lip. It started to click what she said and my eyes widen.

"Joni! With who? Who deflowered you?!"

"Deflowered?" She laughed at me, "We'll talk about that later but how about for now I take you to that little shop on Rose Avenue?'

"The one with lemon muffins!?"

"Yas boo yas. Get changed and I'll take you," she ruffled my hair and I just shook my hair even more afterwards.

"Did Will say it was alright?"

"Yeah, he's cool with it."

"Otay." I threw my blanket aside and held the back of my gown so I wouldn't flash Joni my underwear.

As I was getting dressed, I found a slip of paper in my skinny jeans. It read 'Smile sis, I loooveee you <3' and I smiled. I will smile my bum off today because I'm in a great mood.

"I'm readay Jon-ay!"

"Okayyy," I grabbed my jacket and Mr. Beary and we were on our way. Joni and I linked arms and we laughed and smile on our way through the halls and out the hospital.

When we got to the shop, I bought a lemon muffin, waffles, and hot chocolate for me and Joni. Even though it's spring and warm as heck.

"Hey, so I was thinking. Maybe I could take you somewhere today."