Chapter One

Joni

Kathlin and I have been friends for years. We wear our hair the same way, have the same glasses, and love the band IM5. We're so similar, it's crazy

"Hey Joni!" says Kathlin as she bounces up to me. I swear she has more energy than a bunny. Her hair is up in a tight french braid. Her bangs fall gracefully across her face. Inside I'm thinking: 'Is she pretty enough for Dana to fall for her instead of me?' I shake that thought away as I answer her.

"Hey Kathlin! So why are you so jumpy? The last time that I saw you like this you were on a sugar rush! You practically fell down my stairs!"

She frowned as if it was a bad thing to bring up. " That was a very embarrasing moment. I demand you apologize right now! In the meantime I won more IM5 tickets. So here you go and heres also an invitation to my sleepover party".

"How the heck? These are VIP tickets! You're the best Kate. Land I sincerely apologize for bringing up your embarrassing past."

Kathlin rolled her eyes and so I took the chance to ask about where this sleepover idea came from.

"Is this a trap? I've never been able to go to your house."

Kathlin answered rapidly, "No silly it isn't a trap. There were just some things going on that you dont know about."

"Family things?" I asked her, knowing what it feels like. She nodded before turning and walking down the hallway.

So now I have two things to worry about.

1. What I'm wearing to this IM5 concert

2. How to get to Kathlin's house

A:N/ 08•13•2015 This was my very first story that I wrote starting in 2012. It has/is currently being edited into a better version. I hope you enjoy. Much love xoxo