Tenma Udai | 2

For you @niknak1023
I truly love this song for Tenma

Shiratorizawa

This team is giving us a run for our money. It's the Spring Interhigh tournament. We are at nationals, a big deal for these boys. They worked so hard to get here.

Of course it wasn't that easy to get here. There were battles, anger, hell, even Tenma slammed his head into a locker. His intense look that he had shook me to my core. He wasn't the Little Giant for nothing.

He did change after our fight. The one where I tore out my chest to tell the truth of why I gave up. He has his ways of getting in my head. His constant teasing was one thing. He never missed a moment to tease me about how 'cute' I looked or how I looked bored while the boys practiced. His bad boy persona latched onto me, growing on me.

He even started telling people that I was his. The nerve of him. But I couldn't complain, it actually what I wanted, to be honest. He had a way of making me smile. He really grew on me and we became closer after that. He continued to play volleyball with me when we could. Though, he was always careful with me, like I would break at a single touch. I wasn't that weak and I told him that many times. The response each time?

"But I don't want you hurt. I wanna make sure you never get hurt again." After a pause, "You know?"

"Know what?" Was my reply.

"Know that I really like you." He always said it with a bright smile across his face, opposite of his stone cold persona that he usually has. I could only bring that out of him. And I enjoyed it.

I helped him train everyday, perfecting his skills even more that what it was. He is a beast, his strength was amazing. He broke through so many walls to get here. He fought hard every time. His team backed him up every step of the way.

Squeaks are heard along with heavy breathing. Karasuno is in an intense battle with Shiratorizawa.  We have the higher score, but that can change any minute. Calls for the ball surround the room as well, along with many others.

"Chance ball!"

"Nice receive!"

"Cover!"

"Here!"

"Mine!"

There are so many voices screaming for their respective teams. I stay quiet, waiting for the moment I should speak. I'm too focused on the smaller male on the court. Tenma kept pushing back with each hit of his, his skill proving useful as always, he is the ace of Karasuno. Each movement he made was not wasted. Each one has a purpose. He never wasted any time or effort.

The score was 16-21, Karasuno.

This game is broadcasted live everywhere in Japan. Everyone sees this smaller man overcome every obstacle that his taller peers puts in front of him. He is a blessing to watch. He starts up his approach, you can almost see the wings of a crow behind him, showing his power. He reaches his highest point, thought not above the blockers, he slams the ball through them, through the opening he can see. The ball slams against the ground, earning Karasuno the point. The team meets in the middle for a small and quick celebration over the point.

3 points to win.

They all get back in their spot, getting ready for the next rally. Everyone is confident in their ability to push until the end. That confidence pushes them to win the game, causing us to move up into the tournament. The oppositing team fought hard, we just fought harder. A celebration was a must before the next game, there is time to rest before the next game.

"Are you proud?" Tenma has a look of cockiness on his face. I debated to either be my normal self, or be the girlfriend of a excited player. I chose the latter. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist, him doing the same. He seems content like this. Like he couldn't be happier.

"I am very proud, my little giant." I step onto my toes and place a kiss on his cheek. He pouts at the placement.

"You missed!" I laugh at his playful side, he smirks and steals a kiss from the spot he wanted. "That's better!" I just giggle, he is special to me, so I let it slide. I can hear people around us, speaking to each other.

"He's dating the manager?" What's that supposed to mean?

"I didn't know he could act like that, he's always so scary." I just groan at the gossip, shoving my head into Tenma's chest, causing him to chuckle. I can feel him tense up in a way that he does when he's glaring, I guess at the gossipers. We release each other other than his arm still around my back along with mine. We meet up back up with the team and eat. They don't miss the chance to tease Tenma about about having a girlfriend. Always bringing up the fact that he was lucky to be able to be close to each other, even during games and practice. Sometimes, he gets flustered, others, he just grins.

————————————————————

His happiness didn't last long. We lost the next game. We had to say goodbye to volleyball after we graduated. Tenma didn't get any invitations to colleges for it. He followed his other passion, art. He is a manga artist now, and I'm actually working with him. Call me an errand girl I guess. He calmed down a lot, he's more mellow and not as cold, though I don't think he can truly get rid of his mischievous ways with me. Even as 20 year olds, he still acts like we're in high school. I don't mind, he's grown into a handsome man, even when I thought it was impossible in high school, he was handsome then too. Now, he looks more mature and happy.

"Hey babe! Can you bring me another package of paper!?" Tenma screams from his room. I don't reply back as I grab another package of paper to bring back to him. I glide into the kitchen to grab him a snack and drink. Making my way out, I walk through our 3 bed, 1 bath, apartment to his studio room. This room is across from our room. I don't knock as I open the door and see him sitting down at his table.

"Here, I brought food as well." His eyes bulge as stars seem to beam from them. He jumps up and attacks me in a hug, causing us to land on the floor.

"Best girlfriend ever!" I chuckle at his childish way of showing love. "How about we get married!?" This is a normal way of interacting. I smile and laugh at him. He got up from a laying position, now sitting.

"What?" I give a confused look, he was acting different.

"I mean it, become my wife." He reaches in his pocket, pulling out a small black box. It is my turn to have wide eyes. He opens the box to reveal a beautiful silver diamond ring. I gasp at the beauty of it. I look up to Tenma's face, he has a small smile while he looks at me with adoration. I attack him in a hug this time. We land with him on the floor with me on top.

"Of course I will. You are all I ever need, ever since high school." He smirked and brought me down for a kiss. Let's just say, that new package of paper I brought,

never got touched that night.