Vegeta

As the battle on Namek came to an end, the warriors came home.

All were alive and happy.

Except for one.

Legend has it, once every few generations, Saiyan's will find a mate. Usually, Saiyan's don't mate, they only do to bear children. But then there's true mates.

Ones that can feel if you are distressed, or happy. Even if you feel sad, they know. The connection that binds them, is a gift that other Saiyan's wish for, some of which they don't have the chance of getting.

Luckily, there was one female Saiyan left, and her mate is quite alive, but she doesn't know that. If fact, she can't.

She's in a coma.....

Her mate is the best of the best.

The prince of all Saiyan's.

And her brother? Well, he's one of the most powerful people ever known. Though it just so happens, he's the younger one.

Anyway, the hero's arrived home, Bulma gave a choice to Vegeta to have a room at Capsule Corp., which he accepted. All of the warriors decided to go to Bulma's for supper. As the hero's entered her house, Goku spoke up.

"Hey Bulma, I'm gonna go visit her, alright?" Bulma gave a sincere look at Goku and nodded. Walking down the hallways, he turned into a room with a bed in the middle, covered in a protective glass top. In this bed, lied the last female Saiyan. Goku walked over and opened the capsule, grabbing the girls hand as he spoke quietly.

"I won, and guess what? I became a Super Saiyan! Can you believe that?" He put a sad smile on his face as he looked down at his sisters face. "I wish you could have see it. You've always be the one to take care of me, cheer me on. I wish you would wake up so I can too." Goku looked down and closed his eyes as a tear fell from them.

He was about to speak again when the door flew open and in came the prince. The prince looked shocked but then that look changed to sadness. Not really a expression you see on him. He slowly walked toward the female, who he knew as the most important person to him. The one that escaped Frieza.

His mate....

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it. Tears were threatening to leak. He held them back as he opened his mouth to speak.

"How long has she been...?" He trailed off, not wanting to say. Goku looked up at the prince. He had heard stories from his sister of her mate, he just didn't know until he met him.

"Four years, she was training one day and suddenly, she passed out." Goku paused before continuing. "We thought is was loss of energy, but we soon found out that it wasn't the case." Vegeta thought for a second, trying to remember anything about the legends about mates.

That's when it hit him.

"Kakarot, I believe I know why she's asleep." Goku turned with wide-eyes, waiting for him to continue. "As the legend goes, the mates can't survive without each other for a period of time. Depending on the strength and gender. Seeing as she was a female, I could spend more time than her, away. Females time will always be shorter that the male. It could be 10 days, or 10 years." Vegeta stopped for a second and thought to himself. Maybe that's why I've been so tired lately... His thoughts were interrupted by Goku.

"Then how do you wake her up?" Vegeta walked up to his beautiful mate as he spoke.

"Her body has to feel my presence. It could take time for it to recognize me, seeing as it's been 8 years since she escaped from Freeza."He looked at her for a moment then grabbed her hand. He started to mumble to himself as he rubbed this thumb across the top of her hand. "You knew that you wouldn't see me for a while, why did you leave before I came back?" Goku noticed the color began to come back to her face.