Forgot the keys. How else will I go on my kick ass mission?

Well, who ever is in charge up there decided to fuck up my plans. I could walk on my leg now without too much hassle.

I got up around one in the afternoon and I was going to start cleaning when I got a call. I cocked an eyebrow at the number; it said "unavailable." I clicked the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Hello," a male voice said, "is this (f/n) (l/n)?"

I leaned on the counter. "Yes, this is she."

"Well, I'm Jack Ito, I'm sorry to call you out if the blue, but your paperwork got lost and I'm just trying to figure things out."

"Oh, what's up?"

"Well as I take it, you're my new assistant. My off days were supposed to sync with your off days but the paper work got lost and the stupid computer acted up. When are your days off?"

"Oh. Um- Tuesdays and Wednesdays."

"Awesome! Thanks."

"No problem", I thought for a moment, "Actually, I never got a memo on what I might be doing? I know I'm your assistant but I'm not sure what I'm helping with exactly. "

"Oh! Well you'd be taking notes and setting appointments for me. But we do leave the office a lot, I do area investigation."

"Area investigation?"

"Yes. What I do is I go out to spots that have reported suspicious activity and find out whether or not it's something we have to look into. Sometimes I run into the villains but my job is to poke my head around and see what's up."

"So you go undercover?"

"That's right."

"And how would I do my job?"

"Well, we'd drive to a location, you'd sit in the car, and you'd look at the computer that's recording my conversations. If it catches some words that got interpreted wrong, you'd fix it. If the mic records people in the background, delete it. Stuff like that. If the area is a positive spot, you'd log it on to the system and send it in."

"Well damn, some heads up would've been nice."

"Well, recently the computer system has been on the fritz. I'll send you a copy of the e-mail you so we're supposed to get on my phone so you'll get it this time. Can't believe you didn't know about what you were signed up for", he mumbled.

I told him my e-mail and hung up.

When I walked into the kitchen to make some food, I opened the fridge and made myself a sandwich. It was a mellow day. Nothing happened at all. Just watched TV and thought about Hawks. We kissed last night and I couldn't shake the leer he gave me out if my head. I just kept thinking about him leaning down and kissing me.

I let out a sigh. I wanted to talk about it. I also wanted to see him again but I didn't want to seem needy.

I'll just text him something nice.

I pulled out my phone and started typing.

Hey. I just wanted to say thanks for taking care of my leg last night. Feels better.

I pressed send and waited. About an hour went by and no new messages.

And after an hour, my whole weekend went by without any new messages. I was I'm my car, looking at my phone.

Hey. I just wanted to say thanks for taking care of my leg last night. Feels better.
-
Whatcha up to? You doing okay?
-
?
-

Red Feather (Hawks x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara