I Ruin A Perfectly Nice Bus

Makai's pov.

I woke up at 5:00 am. Like, who wakes up this early! It's insane! Why must I suffer, why? Ok I'm good now. Anyway, I woke up to total darkness and my digital clock was the only thing bright in my room. I lay there for a moment, had I fallen asleep? I must have. Wow I'm such a good detective! I got up out of my extremely warm bed and got dressed for a regular day, jeans ,blue of course, and a light blue tank top with a dark blue sweater. Guess what my favorite colour is? Sorry, I get more sarcastic in the mornings. Anyway I walked downstairs, skipping all the creaky spots and made my way through the dark kitchen to the pitch black living room. Nico was sitting on the big leather chair and looking at nothing in particular. I sat down on the floor, leaning against the wall under the window. I don't know why I can see in the dark, I was born with the ability, who knows why? Nico looked in my direction,

"You're up this early wow!" I rolled my eyes and responded with "Likewise".He ignored me and addressed the problem at hand "Do we take Andy to Camp today? I'm thinking we should. But what about school? It's the last day." I thought about that, my adoptive parents would kill me if I skipped the last day, than my genius side came out. Yes, I do have a genius side, believe me or not. "The Eco Trip to Long Island! We can ditch the bus and hike to camp with Andy!" I suggested. He nodded,"Yeah, that could work, Where will I go, randomly come to the last day of school or something?" I laughed "Yeah, why not!" he shrugged so I got up and walked to the kitchen, Nico trailing behind me. I started making scrambled eggs with ham and a side of coffee. I put the food in the oven to keep warm and waited till 6:00 to run downstairs and wake Andy and Grover. A hour later we were ready to go. Our cover story was that Nico was a friend of ours and was going to come to school for a trial day to see if he liked it. And we just hoped they let him stay with us, we had the mist if we had to convince anyone.

We arrived at school just before the bell and raced inside to get our books while Nico went to the office to get a visitor pass. We meet up right before walking into class, everyone gave Nico curious glances. Most of the girls checking him out, but stopped when I glared at them, glaring's my specialty! Then my day just had to get worse, my favorite teacher seemed to be missing judging by my least favorite sub walking in, Mrs. Boboski. She walked in, acting all perfect. I scowled when she ignored me, Nico looked at my expression, "How many detentions has she given you?" I shoved him into his seat. He sat down laughing. I sat down too, determined to not say anything. Mrs. Amazing sat down at her desk and called for everyone to sit down and open their books.

We started with math, not that I knew any of it anyway I hated it too much to try that hard. We didn't have any topics, it was the last day of school! But she must have been intent of killing us slowly because we started with the "easy" stuff. Dividing, multiplying, simplifying, and subtracting fractions. It seemed to last hours, and she seemed to be deliberately avoiding me. When the bell rang I was the first one out of the class and speed walking to the next class. Nico had to jog to get caught up. Only this class to get through, can you see why I was glad to go to camp again? The next class was Physics. MORE math! Yay! Uh...No. Once the teacher finished trying to bore us to death with 'revising' he let us out early. I nearly sprinted out of that classroom.

I stopped at my locker I shared with Andy, We quickly gathered our stuff and headed towards the bus and quickly getting seats at the very back. Andy sat alone in her seat; no one wanted to sit with her. While I sat next to the window and rested my head on Nico, who sat next to me, muttering about not getting a decent breakfast and being hungry. I rolled my eyes at him, he ate half of everything! I looked out the window while we started driving. I was so happy to be going to camp! Finally! Even taking my best friend to my favorite place in the world couldn't keep me mad at school! Amazing right? Nico and me fell silent, a relaxing silence though, it was peaceful compared to Andy's always questioning attitude. If only I knew it wouldn't last long.