A Shoe a Day Keeps Monsters Away

Aadjadslfjalsdkjfhasd I hate myself wow I haven't touched this story in like twenty years which is something because I'm only fifteen. Legends only. Anyways, enjoy that chapter and I can say we'll try to finish this. I'm planning to go back and edit stuff so hopefully the story will be better.

----

Andy's POV

Honestly, I was not in a situation to be acting the way I usually did. I should have gone out here seriously, knowing that I could die. I knew it. I knew how I should act in places like this, but honestly no matter how hard I tried; I couldn't. Probably because I had a very bad habit of acting like I was fine when I wasn't.

And that's exactly why I was stuck in a tree with my ax unhelpfully embedded in the ground below me, and a shoe in my hand to fend off the monsters clawing at the base of the trunk.

Scarlet was off gods know where, probably actually doing what she was supposed to, and I was all alone like a DJ performing for a monster rave in a very twisted Coachella. An insane looking dog-monster thing jumped up and snapped its jaws at me, causing me to squeak loudly and throw my shoe, nailing it in the head.

Now I was down to one shoe.

I cursed under my breath and climbed up one more branch, though it was practically useless seeing as the hoard of dogs could still jump higher than a super sized Mario. My fingers fumbled around, picking my hair ties off of my wrist and shooting them at exposed eyes while I tried to formulate a plan, which believe me, is nowhere close to my forte.

My eyes scanned the ground below me, and landed, oddly, on a stick. I suddenly remembered that exceptionally weird "stick-prophesying" thing I'd experienced in the cave the day I found out I was a demigod.

I brought my leg up, kicking the snapping jaws of a jumping beast, and took out my switch blade from my remaining shoe, (Which I had thankfully kept against Makai's wishes "It'll never be useful against monsters," well ha, take this.)

I closed my eyes and pressed the sharp blade against the trunk of the tree. Please, please be some weird future telling ability.

My hand seemed to weave itself against the bark, drawing intricate designs I knew I would recognize as Greek letters. The blade stopped in my hand, but when I opened my eyes, there wasn't even a scratch on the tree. My eyebrows furrowed together as I struggled to remember what exactly I had done to make the words visible.

Eventually, I managed to nick my finger, and when I looked down to inspect it, I almost screamed. It's not that I had a faint heart for blood, but the STICK! I had unknowingly carved a whole bunch of letters into the branch. When my blood dropped on it, it seemed to glow green.

Realization hit me and I hesitantly looked at my hand and back at the ground swarming with evil possessed doggos. Well, I mean, I'd rather lose my hand trying to save myself than lose it in a totally un-cool "getting-eaten-from-a-tree," way, so oh well.

I grimaced and looked away before slicing my blade across my hand, thinking that more was going to better than less. Right?

Sure enough, the moment my blood hit the place my knife had carved, a hissing sound began and green liquid started to form in the shape of words.

Το πέτρινο φρούριο θα πέσει στα παιδιά του θανάτου

That was a line from the prophecy, "The stone fortress shall fall to the children of death." But there wasn't a stone fortress anywhere near here.

Another line formed below it,

πάπια

Duck.