A Scaring Event

Life was going great, until I almost died. Why am I not surprised?

I walked back through camp with no purpose. I was not going to wait around for Andy while she was getting her prophecy. I walked past Leo Valdez carrying metal pipes and wires and ran to catch up to him. "Hey! Leo, wait up!" I ran after him. "Leo I know you heard me!" I called. He groaned and turned around. His curly brown hair was covered in dirt and machine grease and his face was streaked with grime. I quickly sprinted to catch up with him. He saw that it was me and his face lit up. "Makai! I finished your sword! The mechanism of that thing!" He whistled before looking down at the junk in his arms. As soon as I was beside him he dumped it, all his junk, in my arms and hurried of in the direction of Bunker 9 with me trailing after him, trying not to drop anything.

Once we got there he opened the door and took the stuff from my arms and dumped it onto a bench filled with wrenches and other tools, including a blow torch. I looked around, I'd only been here once before. Seriously how do they fit everything in one cabin?

My thoughts were interrupted by Leo shoving pieces around on the metal bench, causing screeching sounds. I winced and covered my ears. Leo glanced at me and grinned, "The amazing Makai covering her ears? What?" I rolled my eyes and shoved him. "Shut up Leo." I muttered. But I couldn't help the smile that grew on my mouth. Did people really think that?

He grabbed a gold bracelet on the bench and exclaimed, "Aha! The almighty Leo has scored victory again!" He gave me the bracelet and I raised a eyebrow at him. "Really? How do I get it to turn into a sword again?"

Last night I had been cleaning monster dust off my sword when Leo had come up to me. He offered to look for secret mechanisms in my sword. I had been like, You kidding? Take it! He said he would give it back to me in the morning.

Leo's face lit up, "Here look," He clicked the ends of my Bracelet/sword thingy together and it slithered off my wrist and into my hand, growing and twisting until I was holding my familiar sword in my hand.

My eyes widened. Sweet! I turned to Leo, " Thank you so much! It's awesome!" He grinned and ran his hands through his hair, looking tired. " It was fun, thanks for giving me a project. Now go away, I got stuff to do." Still grinning, I left Bunker 9 and set out for Cabin 13.

I saw a very mad Nico looking for someone. I walked up to him, what happened now? Hazel was behind him and she was covering her mouth with her hands, trying not to laugh. When Nico saw me his scowl lessened slightly but he kept glaring around the clearing.

"Whats wrong?" I said warily. Nico turned to me and huffed. "Andy and the Stolls pranked me!" I blinked a couple of times. What now? I turned to Hazel, "What did they do?" She shook her head and shook with silent laughter.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Nico's hand. I seemed to be dragging him places a lot didn't I? When we got to the lava climbing wall I spotted a very pale Andy rubbing her arms and looking rather disturbed.

When she saw us she jumped a little and walked towards us, dodging a couple of demigods putting armour on. When she got to us she grabbed my other hand and dragged us towards the big house. "Chiron says we can't wait, we need to leave immediately."

I nodded and then stopped in my tracks. "Wait what?" I was going on a quest? Who else was? Now?

She turned around and nodded impatiently, her tanned skin had returned to its normal colour and she rolled her eyes. "Come on! We need to pick up another person before we leave" If anything that made me more confused.

Nico seemed to be rather confused too, when I turned around to question him he shrugged with a 'I don't get what's happening!' Look, and I turned back to Andy. She pulled us up the stairs to the big house and inside.