(21) Roaring Sports Festival

ابدأ من البداية

"Couldn't have put it better myself," the gal slid in on Shinso's left with a confident smirk and her hands behind her head. "Don't underestimate us, heroes. It'll just make us that more determined to kick your ass."

Rose stayed cocky and calm while the purplette next to her barely acknowledged her presence, keeping up the intense staring contest with Bakugo. Rose looked in the room to see a handful of 1A kids freaking out.

WAR!? What does that mean!? Where did these guys come from!?!

They all seemed to be on the same page of not having any clue how serious this festival became.

The two supporting cast members and hero held the stand off for what felt like a lifetime. It didn't help that all that all three of them were around six feet tall, making everyone around them even more intimidated. After a long silence, the hero finally muttered an uncaring, "Whatever.." before walking off like nothing phased him in the slightest.

"Damn," the red-head said now at the front of the classroom, "I hate to say it but..that exit was so manly." He wiped away a tear while his pikachu friend tried to figure out how Bakugo was still considered cool even after being a dick to everyone.

Once again our protagonist opened her mouth to speak, specifically addressing the "manly" vibe that just happened, but before the words left her mouth, the sound of another background boi cut in.

The mildly aggressive and rather loud voice called out with a, "Hey you!!"
What is this interrupt Rose day??

The same squeaky, anxious voice from 1A, that Rose could now identify as Izuku Midoriya, sputtered out a nervous "W-what now???"

The literal man of steel replied, "You guys think you're so much better than us just cause you took on some villains!? Well were a hero course too so watch out!" He gave a glare to everyone in the room that was a tiny bit more confusing as to intimidating.

Wow so it isn't just extras that don't like them..it looks like everyone has it out for 1A..

With that realisation in mind, Rose set off to prep for the events.
This will be interesting...
_________________

"welcome back to the ua sports festival where young heros will compete for worldwide fame and celebrity!" Present Mic's booming voice extolled to anyone and everyone in the stadium. "Well no point in stalling any longer! Lets get into this shall we?" He gently elbowed bandaged Aizawa on his right with a grin that was also somewhat loud.

"Why did I let you rope me into this....?" Shouta sighed and carefully watched the empty field below them.

"That's the spirit!!" Mic cheered amd began the introductions, "Brothers, sisters, and nonbinary misters of Japan...I am very proud to bring to you the unnecessarily powerful and determines kids of UA's first year class!!!!" The crowd roared with applause and prideful shouting, nearly every few people holding a sign or mini flag for a class, department, or kid.

"Now please give it up for the lean, mean, villain fighting machines...the hero department 1A and 1B!!" This was easily when the crowd cheered the loudest. Proud parents watched from the stands or home while pro heros began scouting out their recruits.

Mic went on, "And now for the kids who do it all.......please let me hear it for our fight, our fury, our general studies department 1C, 1D, and 1E!!!

Let's not forget the raddest dudes with the baddest tudes...it's evil masterminds and crazy cooky kiddos, the department of support, 1F, 1G, and 1H!!!!" He yelled out extending the H for "dRaMaTiC eFfEcT" while our bundle of kookes took the field blocking up behind the hero course students.

"LETS GO SUPPORT COURSE!!" a familiar voice shouted from the stands where Rose looked up to see the excited Mickey and Lunchbox here to cheer her on with pride.

"And last but certainly not the least, our very own Revenge of the Nerds..lets hear it for the OG dork-a-lisious geeks and peeps I'm talkin' about our department of business, 1I, 1J, and 1K!!" the stands stayed quiet all except for the soft pitty claps and Lunchbox hyping them up. Finally did Mic conclude the intros and everyone was ecstatic. The fans in the stands and at their homes applauded and cheered, feeling over the moon to see the faces of their future heros. Of course the hero department got the most encouragement, and the others...well at least everyone loves an underdog story.
_

_______________

The kids watched the people around them grew more and more excited to witness the games and competition of young superhumans. Most of the kids felt the uneasy combination of jittery anticipation and nerves bubble up in their stomachs while looking around the stadium. Rose could hear light chatter and murmers from her peers around her while she tried not to psych herself out.

"Ugh...why do I feel like were just here to make the hero students look better..?"

"I can't wait for this to be over."
Two kids from 1J brought up what pretty much everyone was thinking. But Rose refused to believe that. She wouldn't accept the harsh truth and would instead stubbornly believe she could make it. To this day, no kid outside the hero course won the sports festival. But students there would still fight like they are the exception. Cause thats the first step to being a hero....despite any evidence, you believe you're special.
____________

"Welcome one and all to the first year competition of the UA Sports Festival!" The kids were called to attention by the crack of Midnight's whip. "Now lets get things rolling! To start us off with the school pledge, please come up Katsuki Bakugo." A few kids including Rose, looked around a tad confused as to why the most violent kid in the school would be asked to say the pledge.

"Oh right, I guess Kacchan did place first in the exams-"

"Only the hero exams" a girl swiftly corrected Midoriya with an annoyed look on her face.
Rose could see herself, or at least how she used to act, through her. It seemed all of the extras felt the same way towards 1A and B, bitter and coldly. But today, Rose wasn't an extra. This was a fresh start where it shouldn't matter was class she's in. All that mattered was she wanted to win. Even if she had to work beside the heros she is striving to be like.

Katsuki stepped up to the microphone with his hands deep in his pockets. He let the place remain silent for a second before he spoke. "I just wanna say....I'm gonna win."
Oh hell no..

Yeah all that garbage about working together and not letting the big dogs get her down. That went away for everyone after Bakugo's little speech. "That's it, they're dead" Rose mumbled to herself and cracked her knuckles along with all of the other kids behind her. 1A could feel the tension spike as Katsuki stepped down with nearly every student glaring daggers at him. This was it.

Give 'em hell, Rose

⏸️Next time on Guns and Roses⏭️

"Save the chatter for the loser bench it's time to go plus ultra! Looky here at my fabulous wheel of pain"

"good luck out there chuckaboo! Show those heros what you're made of I believe in you!! Remember to keep moving forward!"

"The heck!?"

"Woah what an unexpected turn!!"

"Careful. I froze them when they were off balance....on purpose.."

"MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

"What... the.... hell...-"