Chapter 10

Told ya I wouldn't forget about you guys ;)

Brittany’s POV

I heard the all two familiar sound of gravel crunching under tire wheels, taking me away from my daze. I heard a car shut off and I realized that the psychopath and the traitor must be back.

“That's why your daughters missing!” I heard Miranda yell after a car door slammed.

Who the hell could she possibly be talking to? Was she talking to herself?

“And that's why nobody loves you!” a voice yelled back.

Wait, I know that voice…I know that voice. I know I know that voice!

That's my dad! Oh my God! He found me! He’s come to take me away from all these psychotic people! But I didn't hear any police sirens…did he come on his own to find me? Wait, did Miranda lead him here?

Hold up, why is the car leaving? Wait, where's he going?!

Just as I was about to scream out, a soft, cold hand reached out and covered my mouth.  My screams were muffled by Miranda’s hand and I felt tears sting in my eyes. Without a second thought, I sunk my teeth into her hand.

“Help!” I cried out, “Daddy, I’m here! Don't leave me! Please help me!”

I cried and cried the same thing for what felt like hours, but was merely seconds until Miranda stuck duct tape to my mouth.  My sobs now became muffled by the tape, but the tears still sprung from my eyes.

“Shut up!” I felt her hand connect with my cheek, making me cry harder. “You know what,” she bent over into my face, “You can cry all you want for your precious Daddy, because guess what? He’s not coming; they're never going to find you and you're going to die in this very warehouse at the hands of either Jake or I. Suck it up and get used to the fact that you're never getting away.”

“You're going to hell,” I tried to say, but not even I could make it out not only because of the duct tape, but because my body shook so hard with tears.

He was so close, but yet so far from me.

Miranda pulled up a chair and sat in front of me.

“Girl, you would never believe who I saw in the hospital,” she smiled.

I continued crying and lashing around in the chair that I've been stuck in for God knows how long.

“Your dad was there, your brother was there, and your little devil of a sister was there.” Her smile dropped when she mentioned Brianna but came back when she saw me stop fidgeting in my seat at the mention of my family. “Your sister takes so much after your mom, you know? They both have Satan inside of them.”

They don't, but you sure as hell do,’ I wanted to say, but I wanted to hear about why my family were at the hospital more. Wait, she only saw Dad, Bri and Nick…where was my mother?

She pointed to something on her calf and I looked down to find a large, blue and purple bruise forming.

“Your little sister kicked me right there,” she frowned down at it.

I smiled, realizing that is something Brianna would do but the tears soon came back after I thought of her little spitfire personality and how much I missed her–how much I missed them all.

“You're probably wondering where your mom was,” she asked and I nodded a yes. “Well, apparently your mother had to get stitches. Don't ask me what for, I don't know, all I know is your Mom was getting stitched up. Maybe she tried to commit suicide,” she laughed cynically.

She opened her mouth to continue but she was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. Her smile immediately dropped as she saw whoever entered the warehouse.

“Hey, J-Jake.” She started playing with her fingers nervously and I watched her carefully, wondering why her mood went from murderer to victim.

“What’d you do,” he asked suspiciously. I heard his loud footsteps and in seconds he was standing beside me, looking at Miranda with eyes narrowed. “Where's Jason?” He looked around  the warehouse.

That's a good question…

“Yeah, about that…” she trailed off.

“Where is he?” Jake asked again, except this time through clenched teeth.

“He..he got arrested,” she replied nervously.

He got what? How the hell could he possibly have gotten arrested? My family was there…maybe they called the police on him! Good! This is exactly what they all deserve! It's not gonna be long now until they find me and I'll be out of this hell hole surrounded by-

SMACK!

My head shot up quickly at the sound of a slap. Ahead of me, Miranda stood red in the face with her pale hand over her cheek while Jake stood beside me huffing and puffing.

Holy shit!

“How could you let him get arrested!” He yelled, fists clenched angrily by his sides.

“It’s not my fault! I don't even know what happened–I was in the pharmacy getting my  medication! You arrogant son of a bitch!” Miranda argued.

SMACK!

“You will address me with respect!” I shrunk back at the murderous look in his eyes. Miranda opened her mouth to argue, but quickly closed it when Jake raised his hand back up behind his head.

Finally she learns to shut that trap of hers…

“What are we gonna do with her?” She asked, nodding her head in my direction.

“Keep her here, what else?” He walked further into the warehouse and sat down on a chair.

“We could let her go.”

Yes! Yes! Let me go!

I nodded my head rapidly.

“No! Have you officially lost your mind?” He yelled and ran his hand over his hair, “We either keep her or…or we have to kill her.”

My eyes nearly popped out of my head at his statement and the calmness in his voice. I began shaking in the chair and screaming loudly, even though everything I was saying was incoherent. I moved my bounded hands against the rope, only chafing my skin further than it already was. I moved around in the chair and sobbed.

I don’t want to die! I’m only 15 for the love of God!

“Plus, I’m not going down for murder,” he continued.

“Fine, I’ll do it then,” Miranda said and grabbed a knife. She began charging towards me and I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to come.