Chapter 6

ღRead, Comment, Vote, Enjoyღ

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Alli’s POV

5 days.

5 whole days.

5 whole miserable days.

5 whole miserable days Brittany has been missing.

I sighed as I opened my eyes.

I turned on my side and looked at the digital clock on my nightstand.

2:30pm

I sighed again as I got out of bed.

After somewhat tidying myself, I walked out the room to see several of the investigators down stairs.

Instead of them normally working at the police station, Justin set up one of the guest houses as a conference room equipped with a coffee machine and anything else they would need to conduct the investigation.

Instead of walking downstairs for breakfast, I walked straight to Brittany’s room.

The police had searched her room for any clues to who might’ve kidnapped her which resulted in them turning it upside down.

After I saw what they did, I demanded they come and put everything back where they found it.

And every night since the kidnapping, I fall asleep right on her bed and later Justin comes in to put me in our bed.

As I walked in the room, I felt my eyes begin to swell with tears.

I grabbed a picture of her off her dresser of her and her best friend Jordyn.

In the picture they were only about 6 or 7. They were in the pool and they were both smiling really wide as they had just both recently lost their last baby tooth.  

I sat down on the bed, smiling at the picture. But I didn’t realize I was crying until I saw the tears on the picture frame.

I quickly wiped my tears as I heard a knock on the door.

I looked up to see Brianna standing at the door looking at me.

“Mommy?” she said walking closer to me.

“Brianna?” I tried mocking her voice.

“Can I ask you a question?” she asked playing with her fingers.

“You know you can ask me anything Brianna” I gave her a half smile.

“I know but it’s like…” she trailed off.

“Come here, sit beside me” I patted the spot on the bed beside me.

She walked slowly to the spot before sitting down.

She looked everywhere but at me when she asked, “Do you think Brittany’s ever coming home?”

“I hope so Brianna.”

I sighed.

I truly hoped so.

Justin’s POV

As I walked into the guest house I gave the police for the investigation, I saw the conference table covered in empty coffee cups and files, and papers scattered all over.

However, the thing that stood out most was all the pictures with names under them tacked to the wall.

At the top was a large picture of Brittany. Under that were pictures of Alli and me with a huge ‘X’ over our faces. In a corner were some pictures of family and friends, such as Scooter, Ari, Lexie, Mia, mine and Alli’s parents, etc.

What the hell’ I thought.

“Detective Taylor?” I said as I approached her.

“Mr. Bieber” she said after she turned around, “What are you doing? You’re not supposed to be in here.”

“Why are there pictures of Alli and I on the suspect board?” I asked curiously.

“I’m sorry but it’s just a part of the routine to investigate the parents first. We had to clear you and your wife before we could actually start searching for other suspects” she said.

“You actually thought Alli or I set up the kidnapping of our own daughter?” I felt myself getting angry.

“Believe me, it’s happened before. People set up the kidnap or murder of their own flesh and blood for insurance money. I’ve seen it happen” she said frustrated, “Your case was no exception.”

“And I’m damn well sure that you found nothing” I replied.

“How can you be so sure?” her tone laced with anger.

“You know what, if you hadn’t been so focused on investigating my wife and me, you might’ve an actual suspect already. Or better yet, my daughter. And since obviously, your department can’t handle a case of this nature, I want you and all your men packed up and gone before tomorrow night.”

“Asshole” I heard her say as I walked off.

“Thank you” I shouted over my shoulder.

If they couldn’t handle my case, I would surely find someone that could.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Hai

I know it's short

I know it's boring

But its something *smiles cheesily*

Hate me if you want to...I still love y'all.

Okay so I edited and spell checked but I gurantee there's gonna be mistakes still so I apologize in advance.

Much love,

- αℓℓι