Chapter 4

Surprise chapter! シ

ღRead, Comment, Vote, Enjoyღ

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Justin’s POV

“Why? Why does this have to happen to us?” she repeated for the 6th time.

She lightly slapped my chest as she cried. I rubbed her back lightly with one hand while I wiped away my few shed tears with the other.

Brittany had been taken 18 hours ago and we’ve heard nothing from her nor who ever took her.

“Mr. and Mrs. Bieber, is there anybody you can think of off the top of your heads that would want to hurt you in any way?” the police investigator asked.

“No. Well not any names that immediately pop into my head” I sighed.

Well, not any more’ I thought.

We knew that, considering who I was and what my career was, that there could be one to one million people out there that could possibly want to do something like this.

However, in the past 18 hours, there were no leads, no clues, nothing.

And to say Alli is simply distraught would be the understatement of the year.

She’s not stopped crying, she’s not slept, she’s barely eaten, and she’s always either at my side or at the side of an investigator.

Brianna and Nick were a mess, but like me, they tried their best to hold it together for Alli.

“This is my fault” Alli sniffled.

“Alli!” I yelled, “Why would you say something like that?!”

“It’s true! If I hadn’t brought her up stairs to yell at her then she wouldn’t’ve stormed out the door and she wouldn’t’ve gotten taken” she burst out into a new set of tears at the last part.

“Alli,” I rubbed her back, “This isn’t your fault. Don’t blame yourself.”

I kissed the top of her head as she cried in my chest.

 “It’s not your fault.”

***

26 hours.

“Mr. and Mrs. Bieber” Detective Taylor, the lead investigator, called as she approached us, “We’ve accessed your daughters’ phone records and it seems that she received a text message 5 minutes before the kidnapping.”

“Yeah” Alli said, “When we were talking her phone went off and then she stormed out the room.”

“Well, she received a text message from a Jake Grey” she said.

Alli tensed beside me.

“That’s impossible” she said, “Jake Grey is dead.”

“Well, that’s impossible. 16 year old Jake Grey is alive and well. Where’d you get the idea from that he was dead?” Detective Taylor asked.

“31 year old Jake Grey was found dead in the woods 14 years ago” Alli stated.

“Officer Pruitt” Detective Taylor called, “Look into that ASAP.”

“Wasn’t Brittany’s boyfriend named Jake?” I asked.

“Yeah” Alli nodded slowly, “But we never got his last name.”

“Detective Taylor, if you don’t mind us asking, what did the text message say?” I asked.

“Um,” she flipped to the back page of what looked like hundreds of pages, “It said ‘aye I’m outside yours. come down’ to which she replied ‘be out in a sec…wicked witch is yelling at me over some bs’.”

I looked over at Alli and saw a hurt look on her face.

“Wicked witch?” she mumbled to herself.

I saw tears well up in her eyes which then fell not even five seconds later.

I reached over and pulled her in my arms in attempt to comfort her.

A female detective walked up and handed me a box of tissues for Alli which must’ve been her 13th box over the last 26 hours.

I rubbed her back as a tall, bald man approached Detective Taylor and whispered something in her ear.

“Go pick him up” she said to the bald man before she looked at us, “After watching all of yesterday’s security tapes, last night around the time of the kidnapping, the tapes showed 16 year old Jake Grey entering the guard gates.”

“Son of a bitch” Alli jumped up out my arms.

“Alli, calm down” I rubbed her arm, “Calm down.”

“Calm down?” she yelled, “Justin! He obviously kidnapped Brittany!”

“We don’t know that yet” Detective Taylor said.

“That boy came in here around the time Brittany got kidnapped! Isn’t it obvious that he’s the one that has our daughter?” Alli yelled.

“Ma’am, we don’t know that yet. I’ve sent officers in search of him just for questioning” Detective Taylor said.

“Questioning?! Questioning” Alli yelled furiously, “He kidnapped my daughter and you’re bringing him in for questioning?!”

“We’re not sure that he’s guilty of anything yet.”

“He’s guilty of this!” she yelled.

“What is he so guilty of” Detective Taylor crossed her arms, fed up.

“He’s guilty of taking my baby!” Alli yelled as she fell to the floor in tears.

The look on Detective Taylor’s face softened.

I sighed, “I think it’s time for you to go upstairs.”

I got up off the couch, picked Alli up bridal style with her still crying, and began toward then up the stairs.

“Do you think we’ll ever see her again?” Alli asked as I laid her down on our bed.

I kissed her forehead, “I believe so, my dear. I believe so…”

••••••••••••••••••••

Fourth chapter ツ

Be happy I got sick and stayed home today or this wouldn't have been posted until next weekend.

❥ Still love y'all! ❥

No more goals because I reached 150 reads but it would be nice if you guys voted and commented *smiles cheesily*

Okay, this is somewhat edited so excuse any mistakes

Till, next chapter,

- αℓℓι

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

P.S. Blame @all_cute_n_stuff y'all didn't get this chapter last weekend. She's literally the most annoying person I've ever met and I sadly have to call her my friend but whatevs ツ