"It wasn't on purpose." He shrugged, going to take a sip of his drink.

"Right..." she said, slowly taking a bite of her food.

Levi kind of felt bad about her having to walk, and because he wanted an excuse to be around her more and possibly actually get to know her, he did this. "I mean, I could offer you rides to and from school-"

"You don't have to." Skye interrupted with food still in her mouth. "I'm just waiting until I can get a new bike."

"What happened to your bike?"

"Oh, on my way to the first day of school I almost got ran over by a car and I jumped out of the way but my bike didn't survive." She said in a nonchalant way. At this point, she just accepted what happened. Life goes on, which a phrase she taught herself when she was younger.

What Skye said to Levi clicked in his head, and not in a good way. Oh my god. He was the one who ran over her bike! It wasn't on purpose, obviously. Actually, it was his best friend Xavier's fault, but that wasn't the point. Now Levi wanted to forget everything he said about one-upping Skye because of the phone number prank. Now he felt insanely bad that Skye was walking to and from school because of him.

Skye found Levi's silence to be a bit odd, but the way he was looking at her was even odder. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Now, how could he tell her this? He could beat around to bush about it or just be straight up, but both of those options were still bad. He couldn't just go back and time and make sure that never happened, but there wasn't any time machine for him to do this. Levi would just have to face the consequences. "Uhm, I may have been the one who ran over your bike-"

"You're the one that almost ran me over?" Skye fumed. Yeah, she was mad, which Levi predicted. "I can't believe you-"

"Shh!" He shushed her, looking around and seeing the number of eyes on them. "People are staring at us."

"They've been staring every day this week, shut up." She sassed him.

"It was an accident!" Levi exclaimed.

"Oh, really?" Skye crosses her arms. "How so? I'd love to know."

"Um, well-"

Now, the story of how this happened was a short yet chaotic one. Levi was driving with his friends like he usually did, but on that particular morning, his best friend Xavier refused to stay in his seat, attempting to climb over to the back where their friends Danny and Hunter were sitting at for whatever reason. Levi took his eyes off the road for merely a second, and well, that single second lead to that.

Skye listened to the story in full, arms still crossed, and hearing his side of the story lead her to the only possible conclusion. "Well, now you really owe me a ride."

"Can't you take the bus or something?" He asked.

"Ah, ah, ah." She smirked. "You owe me."

Yeah, he couldn't really say no to this. She definitely would nag him until the end of time about it as he was the one driving that day. "Fine, but there's just one problem."