010

(this chapter is so fucking long i'm so sorry)

September 27th

Dear Future Me,

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I actually had fun at Friday's game, and I made a new friend too! I had met Danny's girlfriend Nini and she's genuinely really nice! She's pretty energetic, but considering I've been around Levi, this is kind of a cakewalk for me. But I can genuinely see being friends with her. I needed another girl friend, especially without Nikki around. By the way, I saw her last night with her boyfriend. Yuck. It was for like a second, but still yuck. He was benched the whole game though. That's a term I learned from Levi, just saying.

I've been feeling a bit under the weather since this morning though. I was fine yesterday and Friday, but today? I woke up feeling like shit! God, I wish I had like a million cough drops right now. I could really go for them.

Man, I really don't feel like getting out of bed, but I gotta tell my dad how I'm feeling. Ooo, maybe I can miss school. It's not like I'm faking anything, I genuinely feel awful. I must've caught something at the game.

You know what? I'm totally blaming Levi for this. It's his fault I went to that stupid game in the first place even though I had fun.

Damn you, Levi Daniels.

Sincerely,

Past Me.

•••

Skye had a cold.

Yes, she had managed to catch a cold amid the chaos from Friday's game, and after asking for her dad to check her temperature, it was determined that she had a fever among the cough and runny nose. She knew nobody ever cleaned those bleachers. Maybe she would have to make a note to just stand the whole game, or wear gloves. Gloves sounded like a better option, and it would get cold eventually, so it worked either way.

As she laid in bed with her blanket pulled up to her chin, Skye felt her phone vibrate as it laid on her stomach. She didn't really want to grab it and have her hands out from the warmth, but she hardly got calls besides spam, so she ignored it. Ignoring didn't work though as her phone started buzzing with text messages, leaving her no choice but to check her phone.

Skye pulled out her phone and turned it on to see a missed call and five texts from Levi. What did he want exactly? Who knew, but she knew if she ignored him even further, he would probably spam more, so she called him to see what he wanted.

"Hello?" She said into the phone, using her free hand to hold her blanket close to her.

"Hey!" Levi replied enthusiastically. "Whatcha doin'?"

"I'm sick." Skye coughed. "There's no way I'm going to school tomorrow, dude."

"What? You're sick? How?" He asked concerned.

"Your stupid game!" She yelled, immediately regretting raising her voice. "Shit, my throat."

"Skye, I am so sorry-"

"It's whatever. I'll live." She interrupted. Levi felt bad more than anything, but Skye didn't care whether she felt bad or not. She had an excuse to not go to school for at least a day, and she was most definitely going to take it.