013

October 12th

Skye arrived at school on Monday more confused than she probably had ever been in her entire lifetime. Everyone she walked past in the halls were all dressed up, some feeling familiar to her, but she couldn't get a grasp on it. She clearly missed some sort of memo, so she just had to find out well the hell was going on.

After homeroom, Skye walked into chemistry to see Levi also dressed up, and he looked at her in disappointment as she was not, hence all the confusion. She didn't get a ride to school from him this morning as Levi claimed he would be "running late", so she missed out on seeing this early in the morning and had no choice but to make her dad late to work by dropping her off.

"Why aren't you dressed up?" He asked her. "It's meme day."

"Meme day? You're telling me I missed out on dressing like a meme?" Skye questioned, growing a little pissed that she missed out on such an amazing opportunity. Her "Ms. Keisha" impression was far too spot on according to herself.

"Um, yeah! It's spirit week, duh." Levi replied. Ah, yes, spirit week. The classic high school tradition that occurred the week of homecoming and gave the people who cared an extra reason to have even more school spirit than they already have. Skye wasn't one for school spirit, but she would've taken this opportunity in seconds, but sadly she missed out on it.

"That's this week?" She asked with a frown on her face.

"Yeah, homecoming is on Friday." He said, which reminded Skye that she had to get a dress if she was going to go. She had always gone to school dances with Nikki, but this year's homecoming would be a million times more fun now that she had a group of friends to hang out with the whole night.

"Oh my god, I'm so unprepared." She groaned, covering her face with her hands for a moment. "What are you even supposed to be dressed up as anyway?"

"Dude, I'm the Salt Bae guy! You know..." Levi exclaimed, then proceeded to do the classic pose from the meme, which put Skye into a fit of laughter.

"You look ridiculous." She giggled. Ridiculously cute, that is, but Skye could never actually admit that.

"I think I look pretty good." He chuckled. "Besides, I might as well be dressed like a legend when they announce the nominees for homecoming court."

Yes, Levi had signed up for homecoming court. It was one of the things he was looking forward to for all of high school, and now that the moment had arrived, he immediately jumped to apply for the possibility of being a nominee. Skye had no interest in being involved, but she would support Levi's campaign for homecoming king no matter what.

"Oh, did you apply or something?" She questioned despite the answer obviously being yes.

"Hell yeah, I did!" Levi replied enthusiastically. "So did Hunter. They should announce the chosen nominees at the end of the day."

"Well, good luck," Skye said. She would have to wish Hunter good luck too when she saw him in Spanish, but she would be rooting for Levi more if she were being honest.

"Thanks." He blushed for the millionth time whenever he's around her. "Would've been cool if you ran too."

"Oh, no-"