030

"Teach me how to dreidel?"

"It's kind of a kids thing, but alright."

"You're not gonna play then?"

"If you are, then I will."

After an amazingly done meal by Levi's mother Sandra, the night continued as Skye, Levi, and Lenny sat around the coffee table, beginning a not so friendly game of dreidel as Skye was prepared to play dirty despite having never played a game of dreidel in her life. Thankfully, she had Levi to show her the ropes, so Skye would have some assistance when kicking everyone's asses, including Levi even though he would be the one to show her how the game is played.

Skye took a spin at the dreidel, watching it spin at lightning speed while everyone (including herself) waited for it to stop and fall over. Once it did, Skye looked over to Levi in confusion, unsure of what the Hebrew text on the side the dreidel landed on meant. "Uh, what does that mean?"

"You take all of the coins from the bowl," Levi said. Everyone in the game had their own supply of chocolate coins, and then there were coins in a bowl that sat in the middle of the coffee table. The goal was to gain everyone's coins, including the coins in the bowl, so whoever got to that goal first was the winner. It seemed pretty simple, but anything can happen.

"Okay, so did I win?" She asked. The answer was a hard no, which Skye would be disappointed to hear as she wanted to win already.

"Not yet. We all have to put one coin in the bowl cause you emptied it." He replied. "The game ends when someone has all of the coins or only one person is left."

"So, if I had both you and Lenny's coins as well, then I'd win?" Skye questioned. Now she got the gist of the game, but she would definitely need help with the Hebrew to English translation.

"Yup." Levi nodded.

"Bet." She grinned, turning to Lenny to do some in-game trash talk. "Game on, bestie. I'm gonna kick your butt in dreidel."

"Don't get too competitive, you three." Levi's mom warned. Little did she know about all of the bets her son and Skye partook in.

"Mom, come on," Levi whined. "Skye and I are insanely competitive."

"It's true," Skye chimed in, then nudged Levi's side so he could hurry up and do his turn. "So do your turn already, dude."

"Fine, jeez." He rolled his eyes, then went to spin the dreidel, which landed on Shin, meaning he had to add one of his coins to the bowl. "Dang it."

"What?" Skye furrowed her eyebrows, having no idea what was wrong.

"I got Shin," Levi said.

"And?" She questioned.

"I lose a coin." He replied.

"Oh," Skye said with a blank face before a smile crept up. "Good."

"It's your turn, Lenny." Levi directed, then Lenny reached over for the dreidel, spinning the dreidel for his turn.

"Nun." Lenny sighed, meaning nothing happened for his turn.

"My turn!" Skye exclaimed, doing her turn, then looked over to Levi in confusion once more. "Um..."