034

(hey!! this chapter mentions and briefly covers triggering topics like underage drinking (more than just mentioned), dr*gging drinks (this is just mentioned, it doesn't happen to anyone don't worry), gr*ping, etc. i would rather play it safe than be sorry for not putting a trigger warning, so take this warning seriously!! we mustn't put down people for their triggers. it's 2021, grow up.)

December 31st

Skye rushed out of the door the night of New Year's Eve, Levi honking his car horn as they were running late to the party already. Now shoulder brace-free, Levi could drive with ease, but all of the New Year's made driving all over creation to pick up everyone a little bit of a struggle, but he was always glad to see Skye's face.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Skye yelled out as Levi continued to honk the horn, which was from Xavier's repetitive encouragement. At least she got the front seat, so she could rub that in everyone's faces by the time she made it to the car.

Once Skye did get to Levi's car, she swung the door open and hopped in, slamming the door shut without caring about how cold she was. Fashion was the main priority tonight, not warmth. "Let's go, party people!"

"Finally!" Xavier scoffed, still forever salty that his permanent shotgun privilege had been revoked. "We almost drove off without you!"

"Hey, I was fixing my makeup, okay?" Skye shined. "Perfection takes time."

"Skye, you're always perfect." Levi cooed, which inspired Xavier to cough insults under his breath.

"Loser!" He said, resulting in Nini elbowing his side really hard (with the support of Danny), which made him wince a little bit.

"Do you want to get kicked to the curb?" Levi threatened.

"No, I wanna party." Xavier pouted.

"I think what Levi said was sweet." Nini saw in awe.

"I may seem obligated to agree, but I do agree with Nini over here." Danny chimed in. Of course, the cutest couple of all time would think it's adorable, but Xavier was very much in need of a lucky gal or guy in his life. He'd find it eventually, but right now he was stuck sitting next to a couple in the backseat of a car whilst watching a future couple sit in the front. Totally not the dream life.

"Well, I think Levi should press on the gas already, Mr. brace free!" Skye exclaimed. Levi's healed shoulder would definitely be an excuse to party even harder, but not too hard. Nobody really needed another "is he alive or dead" incident, that's for sure.

"Going into the new year with a newly healed shoulder as I should." He beamed, although Skye didn't really care at the moment, she just wanted to get to the party already as it was her first legit high school party.

"What did I say before? Go!" She yelled. "I wanna party!"

"Skye knows what's up, go!" Xavier added.

"I'm going, I'm going!" Levi exclaimed.

"Party, party, party, party-" everyone chanted as they waited for Levi to drive off already, which annoyed the shit out of him. He still loved his friends though.

"Shut up!"

•••

Upon arriving at Hunter's house, the party was well in motion, so crowded that some people even stood out on the front porch instead of being inside the actual party. Tonight was bound to have some chaos, but the squad was down for it on this New Year's Eve.