011

October 1st

After a few days of staying home, Skye returned to school feeling better than ever. It was nice getting to sleep in and lay in bed all day, but her cold was gone, so she had to go back to school. Making it a surprise, Skye went to school by herself and entered the building with a pep in her step that she didn't usually have before.

She walked into her homeroom and greeted Danny happily, which weirded him out a little as she usually came to school sluggish and angry at the world, but today was different. Skye was going to make the most of her return, even if she was only gone for three days. It was definitely torture for Levi though, but he survived without his lab partner.

"Hey, Danny!" Skye said enthusiastically, plopping down into her chair and throwing her backpack onto the ground.

"You're back!" Danny exclaimed, looking away from his notebook that he was doodling in. Every day in homeroom, Danny would doodle something, mostly doodling his girlfriend Nini, but there were times he made little doodles of his friends with little inside jokes from their group. He was actually pretty talented, but art wasn't something he wanted to pursue professionally.

"Yeah, I made a full recovery." She replied. "Did you draw anything while I was gone?"

Danny flipped a couple of pages back into his notebook and handed it to Skye, pointing to a doodle he made of Xavier in his mascot costume minus the head part of the outfit. "I just had to recreate this."

"Oh my god." Skye snickered.

"I almost drew clown makeup on him, but he would've whooped my ass for it." He chuckled.

"Do it but just say I did it instead." She said. It was tempting, but Danny said maybe on it as he didn't want to give a definitive answer.

Their conversation was interrupted by the announcements, so they and the rest of the class fell silent and listened to what the principal had to say over the loudspeaker. The principal reminded all of the students about the next football game tomorrow, which Skye almost completely forgot about. She only cared about what had to be said about today's lunch, which was apparently mozzarella sticks.

Shortly after the announcements, the bell rang for the students to head to their first period, and Skye quickly reminded Danny to not forget about the clown makeup thing, which he said he would consider doing. Skye walked out of homeroom with a sly grin on her face, clinging her binder tight to her chest as she skipped on to chemistry class to reunite with Levi who had no idea she was back at school.

Skye walked into class to see Levi looking down on his phone, not aware that she had just walked into the room, so she slowly walked towards the blacktop table they shared, making sure Levi could sense her there. "Guess who's back."

Levi looked up, his jaw immediately dropping as she glowed in his presence. He quickly put his phone away and stood up, wrapping his arms around her to pick her up and shake her around. Skye, who wasn't prepared, dropped her binder in the process, looking around at her classmates who looked at them like they were psychopaths.

"You're back, you're back, you're back!" Levi beamed as he squeezed her tight, which made her feel like she couldn't breathe.

"I'm dying over here," Skye grunted. Levi immediately put her down once he heard this, then picked her binder up for her and handed it to her.