Chapter 20

!warning! teen pregnancy and mention of rape

Maximus was a normal teen boy who was always alone in school. It's not that the people there hate him or anything. It's just that everyone knows he's not that rich and people always give him this look of pity, It's what annoys Max the most. So he stayed away from everyone and kept to himself, that is until Veronica came in. She was a beauty, the gift of God to men. Even little Maximus was in love the moment he saw her. But she paid him no mind.

She eventually became popular, for her beauty alone. Word got around that the poor loner kid is carrying unrequited feelings for her and this news eventually reached the worst person to have heard it. Veronica herself. Nobody knows this, but underneath all her angelic beauty is a she-devil who's pass time to is to break the hearts of little losers.

So she got to know him, forcing him to become her friend. She took him on dates and forced him to pay afterward. Whilst all of these were happening, she dated the star athlete of the school. Veronica told the naive boy that she loves him and was only dating Chad so that she could be protected from bullies. Lies. She was never bullied, all the guys like her. But Max didn't know this, so he believed everything that she said. Believed in her lies.

That she loved him.

That what they were doing was because they love each other.

That it was something that all teenagers do, so why not them.

That the condom wasn't really needed.

That they were breaking it off because he wasn't enough.

Max was devastated, miserable that the girl he had his first time with, apparently had no feelings for him like he did for her. Word spread that she was pregnant, but nobody ever really did see her again in school. Everybody thinks it was Chad who got her knocked up, Max didn't bother to correct this because what if it is Chad's child? Who knows how many secrets she kept from everyone else? Who knows how many guys she has been sleeping with?

It wasn't till 9 months has passed, Veronica came to Max's home in the trailer park. She was carrying a little bundle of clothes in her arms, waiting impatiently for Max to answer the door.

Max was more than ecstatic to see Veronica, thinking she must've thought things over and that she must be there to take him back. Regretting that she ever let him go in the first place.

He was so far from what was actually about to happen.

Veronica was kicked out of her own house for getting pregnant.

She's running away, and she's taking Chad with her.

Chad agreed to come, on one condition.

The child should not come with them.

So they left, leaving the child in the hands of Max, now an only father. Though Max has now completely erased his feelings for Veronica, he grew attached to the child completely. He still wasn't sure if the child was his but he was sure of one thing.

He'll take care of this child and love him with everything he has.

"DAD!" I woke up, falling off of the chair in the hospital. Man, I always have hated hospitals. It's because they either smell like death or chemicals and death. I waited in the hallway, watching as doctors and nurses pass by me, rushing and buzzing to get to their next patient. It must be incredibly busy today. I twidled with my thumbs as I waited for the doctor to tell me Jacob's condition. It's been a few hours since we got here, Jacob passed out in the ambulance due to blood loss. I, of course, went into another round of panic when that happened, only calming down when the nurses threatened to kick me out of the ambulance.